Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sickness Bloody Coins Farming Prohibited

Just to clarify, few days ago I posted the video attached below to farm bloody coins, doing by gy killing an enemy player with sickness, same stuff as everyone did for halaa tokens in the past. The video is the following:

I just wanted to warn the someone, probably a gm or a blizzard employee, posted that the mechanic will be hotfixed and people trying to do it in the future will be banned. By now it's already been hotfixed so now the only way to easily farm bloody coins remains the timeless or bgs...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's beyond lame. That was the only way I was willing to farm the coins. On what grounds do they justify this as a ban worthy offense, especially if the enemy player is willing?

can anyone confirm that this is in effect yet?
    Ive got an 88 horde im leveling up as we speak to get in on this.

yeah. glad this was banned and hot fixed. Exploit is an Exploit and people caught doing this deserve to be punished

15+ Year Old Account
    Got a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    That's beyond lame. That was the only way I was willing to farm the coins. On what grounds do they justify this as a ban worthy offense, especially if the enemy player is willing?
    Aww man I hate it when they fix exploits! So unfair!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    How is this even remotely surprising? The only reason Blizzard doesn't prevent it with Halaa probably is that it's old content.
    In my opinion it's more surprising that it took them so long to fix it...would have thought that it wouldn't last more than a night.

Normally I would ask why it worked in the first place, but their design has been so inept the entire way through that I've stopped questioning it.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the mount and don't care about the title but has this already taken effect the hotfix and bans going out or is there some sort of mention by Blizzard about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    yeah. glad this was banned and hot fixed. Exploit is an Exploit and people caught doing this deserve to be punished
    yet im fairly certain they didnt ban or remove the achievement from the people that farmed them using totems.

Effing lame, lost all my motivation to play this game any longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakinTauren View Post
    ...because an obvious exploit was fixed? Also, it's not like you had several days to do something that doesn't take more than 3 hours, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakinTauren View Post
    if that was all that was keeping you playing, i doubt you will be missed
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    It's stupid that people are banned for it. Why punish others for bad design/obvious flaws?

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    It's stupid that people are banned for it. Why punish others for bad design/obvious flaws?
    So, they throw people a bone by making it easier to get the coins through normal play and not just through TI kills and people repay them by exploiting through participation between factions? These people deserved the bans, they knew what they were getting into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    These people deserved the bans, they knew what they were getting into.
    Did someone who used this method during the past days actually get banned for it?
    OP says:
    and people trying to do it in the future will be banned.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    Normally I would ask why it worked in the first place, but their design has been so inept the entire way through that I've stopped questioning it.
    So very true.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Did someone who used this method during the past days actually get banned for it?
    OP says:
    I don't know but they certainly deserved to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    ...because an obvious exploit was fixed? Also, it's not like you had several days to do something that doesn't take more than 3 hours, right?
    how is this an exploit you genius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Aww man I hate it when they fix exploits! So unfair!
    The thing is, it's not an exploit. Based on how everything else works this should be perfectly in bounds, but Blizzard doesn't want it to be that easy to farm the coins, which is understandable. It's just too bad that they did this from my point of view since I really wanted the mount but now have no motivation to actually get it.