Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    You can turn them all in for Tol'vir - but it sounds nicer on paper than it is in reality (all I got from those 700-800 solves converted into Tol'vir fragments were a few thousand gold, and none of the two rares that I'm still missing from that bunch popped up. Damn that staff and that sword!)
    OMG! Don't get me started on F'ing Tol'vir. All I want is that damn Crawling Claw and it never comes up...I get SO depressed whenever I turn in an artifact.

I am taking my time with getting Seeker of Knowledge...I do want to get it done and over with but at the same time I'm just letting it take it's course. How are you guys counting up your total solves?? Just adding together Mogu and Pandaren solves??

The good thing about this for me is that because I didn't even level Archaeology during cata just aiming for this achievement completes all the old ones passively, something to keep your focus up when things look down. :P
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 14/20 at the moment with about 260 solves (avarage 13 solves of each) so far, so I consider myself quite lucky so far, hope I get Seeker before I get all the "Collector 20" achievements.

And also, after houndreds of solves, I finally got the Tol'vir mount Love the box-trade-for-fragments idea!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have 14/20 at the moment with about 260 solves (avarage 13 solves of each) so far, so I consider myself quite lucky so far, hope I get Seeker before I get all the "Collector 20" achievements.

And also, after houndreds of solves, I finally got the Tol'vir mount Love the box-trade-for-fragments idea!
    Congrats! My Tol'vir solves have provided absolutely NOTHING so far.

Deleted
    Seems I've been extraordinarly lucky so far. I've hardly leveled up archaeology and got some of the achievments and I'm already at 9/20. Didn't even know the achievment exists till now, but now it's going to become a drag because I'll try to actually get this instead of getting it accidently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Seems I've been extraordinarly lucky so far. I've hardly leveled up archaeology and got some of the achievments and I'm already at 9/20. Didn't even know the achievment exists till now, but now it's going to become a drag because I'll try to actually get this instead of getting it accidently.
    Well.. It is not untill the last 5 (?!) it gets annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Well.. It is not untill the last 5 (?!) it gets annoying
    This. So much this. It's easy at first because it doesn't matter which artifact pops up next, but as you get more, you have to start dealing with the RNG of what artifact shows up PLUS the RNG of it being a pristine solve.

TBH, I think this achieve could give the present-day Insane a run for its money.

I think it can give the old school insane a run for its money if your rng is terrible, I see stories of some people getting the title before they finish all the 20 of each fragment, while some take 200-1k more solves on top of the 20 of each fragment before they obtain the title.
    Currently, I am about to reach 400 solves and only need one more pristine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    I think it can give the old school insane a run for its money if your rng is terrible, I see stories of some people getting the title before they finish all the 20 of each fragment, while some take 200-1k more solves on top of the 20 of each fragment before they obtain the title.
    I only had to solve 849 (atleast) Artifacts to get my seeker of knowledge title. Insane was still worse imo. Never did Shen'dralar tho.

Deleted
    This achievement can not compare to old school insane Not even close.

As mentioned before. Not even CLOSE to Old Insane.
    I spent months struggling to gather mats and permanently farming DM - North. Religiously for 14 hours a day.
    Gathering Herbs while i am instance locked and trying to make some gold from cloth and gordok suits.

Seeker of the Knowledge. 4 days with the same farming style as Old Insane

Idk I did the Old insane, granted I spent more gold paying friend to use his rogue and farm me the lockboxes. I guess its the fact I aint making mcuh money while doing this archaeology thing. I made a decent gold from DM runs and had a lot of fun with them ogre suits. I guess that past the time a lot quicker for me :|

Down to 1 pristine left. Nothing like wanting to shoot yourself in the face every time you see a Mogu dig site pop up.

Just furthers my opinion that Arch is the worst thing ever put into this game.

Omg I was so happy when I got my last pristine last night. I was really dreading doing archaeology, I hate its rngness. Even if insane title took a bit more time and possibly gold, at least you know when you hit exalted or finish something. Giving you a sense of accomplishment.
    None the less, I am happy I finally finished this achieve. Now what to work on next.

Done. Archaeology can rot in hell for the rest of this expansion.

Omg I was so happy when I got my last pristine last night. I was really dreading doing archaeology, I hate its rngness. Even if insane title took a bit more time and possibly gold, at least you know when you hit exalted or finish something. Giving you a sense of accomplishment.
    None the less, I am happy I finally finished this achieve. Now what to work on next.
    This. It's complete RNG when you're down to your last pristine > have a 50% chance to get mogu/panda digsite > have a small chance of getting the pristine you need as your next solve > and actually getting the pristine itself. It's really painful when you get the solve and it's *not a pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischieve View Post
    have a 50% chance to get mogu/panda digsite .
    dunno about the ratio of mogu vs panda digsites, but when I was solving when either reached 200 fragments, I got A LOT of mogu artifacts solved compare to panda.

Deleted
    I just found out about this achivement (little bit ashamed about it). Have done the insane so prepared for a lot of farm.
    Any tips for a starter? or just farm, farm, farm and hope for a good standing with the RNG gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    Just cross the 900 solves, still missing my last pristine (standard of Niuzao). Got all other achiev around 600 solves.

o//
    i had to solve 50 standards to get a pristine one (was my last aswell)

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoto View Post
    I just found out about this achivement (little bit ashamed about it). Have done the insane so prepared for a lot of farm.
    Any tips for a starter? or just farm, farm, farm and hope for a good standing with the RNG gods?
    Lorewalker lodestones and lorewalker map (if you only need one race and have 4 of the other) realy help. When i was farming for the pristine standard i just stopped doing archeology everytime I had 4 mogu sites and map was on cd. Just did things like daylie/pet lvling/VP farm until the map was ready again.
    Last edited by Sengiratolom; 2012-12-23 at 08:08 PM.

I've been working on this one - since 14/20 I've only needed pandaren sites (17/20 now). Every time a mogu one spawns I cry a little inside Trying not to think about the total number of solves just yet...