Thread: Ascendance

Ascendance

Ascendance in pvp for almost any spec of shaman is worthless. You are to easily cced or silenced. I feel like resto has it the worst..

I don't agree.

Ascendance is great!
    You are just as easily cced or silenced as you would without ascendance. It's not like it gives you a handicap when in the form.
    It's just a buff to boost your dmg/healing, and even if you are elemental you don't have to spam LB all the time while i nit, you can still ground silences and cc the once you are facing.

I'd rather cc an ele ascendance than enhance. obviously i'd cc a resto.

Enhance ascendance does less damage than ele. Constant 1-3 crits for 90k in my face. No thanks

Sure ascendance is still powerful for enhance but in pvp the only real strong point is the attack speed & some attacks & auto attacks are ranged.

I'd just again...not get critted for 1-3 times 90k in the face. Less to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Ascendance in pvp for almost any spec of shaman is worthless. You are to easily cced or silenced. I feel like resto has it the worst..
    you do know that's what you're supposed to do in PvP right? see someone popping their cooldowns, CC them. the fact that we get a different form only makes it easier for bads to see we've popped something. and besides, it's your job to make sure you have a kill window before popping everything. it's like freecasting near a warrior and then complain that he interrupted you.
    VII.

I'd like a glyph that doesn't replace our model, and just gives us some spell effects depending on our spec. It's a little too obvious when we use it.
    RETH

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll make a team of 3 Elemental Shamans just to confuse people about which one of us to CC.

They cant really CC us all can they?

Deleted
    Its quite nice to force the other team to burn cc / silence.

Let me guess, you're struggling to break 1800? You need to realize that even if you are CCd for 100% of your ascendence, your partner(s) likely are not, and they are probably using some sort of CD (damage reduction or a longer CD CC like HoJ). You still win. Arena is not about facerolling and doing as much damage as possible (in theory, at least).

ascendance what a joke in arenas havent seen ele shaman cast more than 1 lvb in it and then it hits for bit more than 30 k with healing streem + riptide hot no shaman have gotten me below 80% and enh oh well again no dmg from it

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Ascendance + SWG (4 piece PvP) = god mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I'll make a team of 3 Elemental Shamans just to confuse people about which one of us to CC.

They cant really CC us all can they?
    No, but they can global 2 of you while the other is left fighting a 1v3

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Let me guess, you're struggling to break 1800? You need to realize that even if you are CCd for 100% of your ascendence, your partner(s) likely are not, and they are probably using some sort of CD (damage reduction or a longer CD CC like HoJ). You still win. Arena is not about facerolling and doing as much damage as possible (in theory, at least).
    Have you been playing PvP? Burst imo is comparable to the end of WotLK burst, and its the very first season of the expansion. I cringe to think what it will be like in a few seasons.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 03:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Have you been playing PvP? Burst imo is comparable to the end of WotLK burst, and its the very first season of the expansion. I cringe to think what it will be like in a few seasons.[/QUOTE]

Our burst was not bad at all at the end of WotLK. I disagree. Our scaling has been vastly improved with regards to Cataclysm. It might not be WotLK levels, but WotLK was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Our burst was not bad at all at the end of WotLK. I disagree. Our scaling has been vastly improved with regards to Cataclysm. It might not be WotLK levels, but WotLK was pretty decent.
    I never said it was bad... On the contrary the end of WotLK is when elemental was viable. People often fail to remember that Resto wasn't OP status in WotLK either. Enh was good in beast cleave and that was about it. At the time Elemental had good survivability, amazing burst, good off heals, and brought bloodlust (which was usable in arena at the time).

You should really read posts before replying.

No offense Blit, but your one sentence was pretty ambiguous which way you were going.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    You should really read posts before replying.
    Your posts are convoluted at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    No offense Blit, but your one sentence was pretty ambiguous which way you were going.
    Requesting lock before this inane topic devolves into meaningless drivel.
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2012-10-22 at 06:03 PM.