Deleted

What should I upgrade first?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drive View Post
    Always get really jealous when I pop in here. Any of you guys have dual monitors?Also, what should I upgrade first?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 41704.4Ghz
    8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 6670
    This isn't a quick question/answer thread about build suggestions, please make your own thread for that in the Computer / Build forum and we will gladly answer all your queries

Don't believe any of the replies you see in this thread regarding your questions (including the reply from Butler Log), they are not supposed to be here.
    Here I am.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 41704.4Ghz
    8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 6670

10+ Year Old Account
    GPU first. What's your budget?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    GPU first. What's your budget?
    GPU? Interesting, why that? And whatever really, I've got a job and I'm in no hurry. Also would you recommend I get a second monitor, even if I have a laptop to do all my second monitor shenanigans?

Deleted
    you should give some more info, whats the resolution you play? what PSU are you using? that gpu aint that great if you want to play at 1920x1080 with max details, anyway a second monitor is pretty good to have if u like streaming or doing more than one thing at once, i suggest u dont invest to much in one tho, better get a decent video card something like a 560 TI or a 7870/7950 if your an amd fan.

Like I said in the other thread, your graphics card. Not sure why Xuvial said not to believe what I said.

The 6670 is a card for watching movies and very light gaming.

Which card you end up with will be depending on how much you want to spend (150 dollars: HD 7770, 200 dollars: GTX 660 or HD 7850, 250 dollars: HD 7870, 300 dollars: HD 7950, 350-400 dollars: HD 7970 GHz ed.) However, you will probably get the best priceerformance from a GTX 660, HD 7850 or 7870.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    you should give some more info, whats the resolution you play? what PSU are you using? that gpu aint that great if you want to play at 1920x1080 with max details, anyway a second monitor is pretty good to have if u like streaming or doing more than one thing at once, i suggest u dont invest to much in one tho, better get a decent video card something like a 560 TI or a 7870/7950 if your an amd fan.
    1920x1080 and is the PSU really that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, your graphics card. Not sure why Xuvial said not to believe what I said.

The 6670 is a card for watching movies and very light gaming.

Which card you end up with will be depending on how much you want to spend (150 dollars: HD 7770, 200 dollars: GTX 660 or HD 7850, 250 dollars: HD 7870, 300 dollars: HD 7950, 350-400 dollars: HD 7970 GHz ed.) However, you will probably get the best priceerformance from a GTX 660, HD 7850 or 7870.
    Yeah, I figured the graphics card was getting old, I'm just not sure when to replace it. It plays WoW on high pretty well, so I don't think it's worth replacing yet, so I'm giving myself some time to get money etc.

Put simply: if your PSU isn't powerful enough, you computer won't work with the new graphics card plugged in. It will either refuse to boot at all, or crash when gaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Put simply: if your PSU isn't powerful enough, you computer won't work with the new graphics card plugged in. It will either refuse to boot at all, or crash when gaming.
    Splendid, now we wouldn't want that.

Deleted
    That's a damn powerful CPU. I'd recommend upgrading your graphics card aswell.

So, what is your PSU?

We need the brand, model and wattage.

What's your budget?
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drive View Post
    GPU? Interesting, why that? And whatever really, I've got a job and I'm in no hurry. Also would you recommend I get a second monitor, even if I have a laptop to do all my second monitor shenanigans?
    Because your GPU is your weakest point.

Edit: reading from your later posts, it seems like you honestly don't want any help.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    you could go either way between CPU and GPU, your GPU is very weak, but then again your CPU isnt much better, the FX-4170 is great for office computers and facebook/reddit machines, but if you want a gaming computer you need an Intel K series CPU, most notably the 2500k and the 3570k

so, in order:
    1. get a HD7970 (and PSU to handle it)
    2. get a Z77 MB and 3570k
    3. relax with an awesome gaming system that will last the next few years