10+ Year Old Account

Windowed fullscreen

Why don't all games have it? Is it a lot of extra work to implement in the game? As someone with 2 monitors I just find it really annoying having to alt tab out of a game in order to reply on skype/facebook or whatever.

Anyways I'm just curious and would like for someone with a bit more knowledge to reply, is it a lot of work to implement windowed fullscreen and if not, why don't everyone do it?

Deleted
    It's really a basic and easy thing to implement, just a window without the frame around it. I've noticed that most newer games have this feature and I believe it's because the game developers has realized players nowadays are very dependent on other software while playing games. Wether it be just accessing the internet or what ever.

Yeah, this is a feature that I would LOVE to see every game on PC get. I really don't see why it's not standard : /

Makes me super annoyed when I alt tab out of a game and it has to minimize/maximize again just because I want to respond on whatever chat program I'm using or browse the forums for a few.

My biggest gripe with latest bethesda games, if mods (Simple Borderless Window on nexus) can implement it, it's pure laziness on dev end.

I'd go as far as consider not playing a game solely based on lack of windowed fullscreen option, same as games that prevent you from pasting in the user name/password windows as I use KeePass and have no idea what my passwords are.