Deleted

Archeology rares @ 600 skill

Hey,

has anyone discovered any rares from old content (i'm particularly interested in Tol'Vir) after reaching 600 skill? I know hieroglyphs are bugged at max skill, not sure if we can discover rares, though. I have a 100-common-streak right now (not including other races, so much more)

Deleted
    I'm 600 arch, insane bad luck with tolvir rares, been sitting on only needing 5 fragments to finish a tolvir common for ages, was in uldum checking camel spawns, saw dig site, dug it up, and instantly the tolvir ring rare popped up.
    So still possible just I'd assume as before rare is rare.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten two tol'vir rares since hitting 600. Random is random I guess. (Still 2 rares short of professor. Driving me nuts.)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally discovered Zin'Rokh after hitting 600 when I turned in alot of artifacts at the Seat of Knowledge ...

I guess I can use it for transmog since it's useless for a 90 lol

After doing 525-600 I decided to spend the crates you receive from MoP solves on Tol'vir artifacts, lo and behold I came across the the crawling hand after 2 solves.

Same old RNG I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiids View Post
    After doing 525-600 I decided to spend the crates you receive from MoP solves on Tol'vir artifacts, lo and behold I came across the the crawling hand after 2 solves.

Same old RNG I think.
    I'm working my way through Tol'vir with crate-fragment conversion too, digsites on Pandaria are blisfully small and i put artifacts together at a good speed, all in all trading in MoP artifacts for fragments will be faster (As well as less aggravating) than scouring Kalimdor hoping for the RNG gods to give me a Tol'vir digsite

Yeah, first Tol'vir solve after hitting 600 (actually first Tol'vir ever) gave me the Scarab mount

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I'm 600 arch, insane bad luck with tolvir rares, been sitting on only needing 5 fragments to finish a tolvir common for ages, was in uldum checking camel spawns, saw dig site, dug it up, and instantly the tolvir ring rare popped up.
    So still possible just I'd assume as before rare is rare.
    If you've been sitting at just needing 5 fragments why are you not doing arch in Pandaria and just converting the crates into tolvir fragments?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you've been sitting at just needing 5 fragments why are you not doing arch in Pandaria and just converting the crates into tolvir fragments?
    Because at the time I hadn't unlocked the gate to the place where brann is.

Pretty sure at 600 I solved 1 or 2 tol'vir commons then had the ring pop up.