Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sadly, my vote would be boot them if you want to raid pretty seriously. If you just want to casually raid and have fun with these guys then just try to give them a few tips to improve but really their player skill can't be too high if they don't even know their rotations, gearing, reforging, enchanting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darkflame7777 View Post
    the warlock has no pet which means hes probably using grimoire sacrifice over supremacy which is a dps loss for destro but regardless will do less damage then demo or aflic i personally dont know about the others
    What, come again? Not only is that wrong, even if you were right the dps difference would be so small (about 10 dps, in fact) it by no means can explain his lacking DPS.

While Destruction is underperforming compared to Affliction or Demonology, that too should not stop him from pulling more DPS.

Some folks here forget this is a casual guild. Flasking is a luxury, potting an excess. Still, I'd suggest Guild leader tries to get them to pot, eat, and flask consequently to boost their dps. My alt has been in such a guild, really - it's great in terms of friendships and warmth and lols, but less effective to progress very well. My post will be based on those experiences.

Dotters can up their DPS by multidotting. As someone already noted, the shadow priest was focusing the boss that, half the fight, takes reduced damage, not helping his dps (or the raid) in any form or way. Tell them to start multidotting targets (recommend addons like Ellipsis). This can be complicated for not very skilled players, really, as the #1 problem such players have is to stop tunnelvisioning. Nonetheless, something they should be made aware of.

This boss is typical for not so very good players because it involves a lot - target switching, which can make proper chaincasting for the inexperienced, casual, or whatever, a problem, additionally they have to keep an eye on positioning, etc. This can quickly add up to a lot of downtime in targetswitching, clicking, whatever they're doing.

I'm not thrashtalking these people at all, please take no offense - but most of the time when DPS is so dramatically low there's a LOT more going on than "rotations, glyphs, and pets", and most of it comes from tunnelvision, clicking, slow switching, lacking raid awareness, lacking awareness of their own cooldowns and procs (which is especially important for dot classes, as their dots don't update dynamically with procs, but need to be reapplied). As such from my own experience I know this is something near impossible to fix. With several players I have spent hours upon hours on dummies, with them on my focus frame in dungeons, raids, etc., but there was so much wrong fundamentally with their playstyle that in all cases we both gave up.

Frequent problems I've seen doing this in my adventures on my alts in 2 very casual guilds:
    - clicking, probably the number one problem: limits movement, prevents quick targetswitching and hampers chaincasting.

- not chaincasting between spellswitches, also by people who do not click. For example: immolate - pause - incinerateincinerateincinerate - pause - globalcooldown spell like conflagrate - wait longer than the gcd allows for - immolate - pause - chaos bolt. This is easy to spot by focusing someone and paying close attention to their casts. The pauses can be brief, but will accumulate to a lot of dps loss. This is typical in the inexperienced player, mostly casual players who play a lot of alts an equal amount of time and really allow themselves no time to get a real feel for their class. This gets more complicated by an unknown encounter, further hampering his dps.

- Unawareness. Really, that can break dps, look at your priest. Had he listened or actually looked he'd know the target he was nuking was taking a LOT less damage. But also: moving in reaction, instead of a premeditated action. I know I may very well get hit by some aoe I need to move out of, so I take this into account ahead of time. I delay the reapplication an instant to see if this aoe actually hits me so I can move while using the instant. If this is impossible to know, I still keep in mind I may get hit. This helps with a calculated reaction to bein actually hit by the aoe. Rather, most people get hit, get caught by surprise, panic, and proceed to run through practically half the room instead of a calculated sidestep with an instant to cover the movement. Worse yet, they stand still and not notice it to begin with, someone yells at them, they panic, drop everything, and take a minute to pick up their rotation.

This is what I can come up with off the top of my mind. I hope it gave some insights at least. I did not intend to offend and I apologize if I did, this is just personal observations and experiences trying to get my casual ingame friends to improve.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-10-22 at 03:44 AM.

The awkward moment when my last weeks group dps was even worse than that. I was 20k above second in dps (hint. it was the tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    The awkward moment when my last weeks group dps was even worse than that. I was 20k above second in dps (hint. it was the tank)
    Hint: tanks being above dps on this fight is not weird, or rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Heh, yeah our lock did 20k on our first Stone Guards kill. I'm really not sure how it's even possible, to be honest.

Deleted
    Heh, yeah our lock did 20k on our first Stone Guards kill. I'm really not sure how it's even possible, to be honest.
    He was probably attacking the wrong dog

One word: 'lazy'. Link some Icy Veins guides to them, and question their commitment to raiding properly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Some folks here forget this is a casual guild. Flasking is a luxury, potting an excess. Still, I'd suggest Guild leader tries to get them to pot, eat, and flask consequently to boost their dps. My alt has been in such a guild, really - it's great in terms of friendships and warmth and lols, but less effective to progress very well. My post will be based on those experiences.
    Even if the shadow priest had nothing gemmed, enchanted or reforged, I still think he could manage more than 27k DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Gearing, Spec, rotation aside from the point the S.priest just has zero raid awareness!

While your top DPSer's have a split of about 38%, 38% 24% on damage done to the adds the S.priest has the following :

Cobalt Guardian
    61.7 %

Jade Guardian
    19.9 %

Amethyst Guardian
    18.4 %

As you can see he tunnel visioned on the Cobalt add... if this tunneling was done during coblats off time then it was taking 90% less dmg.

Another example of the lack or awareness is that he took 20 ticks from Amethyst pool alone.... If you add up every tick your rogue, Mage, and warlock took COMBINED it = 20.
    lol almost spit out my coffee reading this

Deleted
    tell them to check their classes gear BiS pre raid enchant flaks food and if they keep failing they are just not so good to raid.