What rep grinds to I need to complete to become a Tier 2 raider?

I have a fresh fifty rogue and I forgot what reputation I need to grind out.

If I recall correctly don't the Stillmoor and Shimmersand factions allow me to buy some food that helps in raiding?

I remember the Runeguard in Moonshade has a belt enchant.

I don't recall the others.

As far as the elemental factions in the College of Planar studies, I'm not past "friendly" with any of them. I forget what level I need to buy the essences off of them, but I'm tempted to just save my ISS's for the expansion and get my essences with raid rifts.

Any advice on how I should precede with the grind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Belt enchant = Stillmoor
    Epic Helm = Iron Pine Peaks
    Epic Legs = Shimmersand.

I'm sure SL will have better ones FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Any advice on how I should precede with the grind?
    At this point in the expac, they're entirely inconsequential. Run Instant Adventures, do your daily dungeons, and accrue as many Inscribed Sourcestones as you can. The number of stats you can gain from 700 ISS will do you more good than most anything else you could invest your time in. Additionally, build up as much planarite as possible, and earn as much PA as you can. IMO you should put 2 points into each tree to get all your additional planar charges, then start focusing on the +dex hexagons.

Next to a great source machine, try to pick up the best runes for your gear that you can, they'll be your next highest stat bump. If you're short on plat, keep running IAs, they'll supply you with plenty of ISS and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Epic Belt enchant = Stillmoor
    Epic Helm = Iron Pine Peaks
    Epic Legs = Shimmersand.

I'm sure SL will have better ones FYI.
    You can get good foods from EI rep, either farclan or kelari, however, with the feasts that they have now, you shouldn't need to really bring your own food at all. You could buy the recipe and mats and make the feasts if you have survival though.

Lonestar, Complete the EI quest chain - it will reward you with epic pants that will really boost your stats.the best foods can be obtained from Farclan just after the chain is completed. It is worth doing as it will reward you with tons of platinum and every so often will grant you a level up for PA. If you are in a helpful guild, doing the water saga quest chain will reward you with an epic helm and epic shoulders. You can be tier 2 ready in a week if you manage to get your hit up to 300 (it is the bare minimum stat you need to enter HK) the runes provided by the rep are very useful if you want to tank.

Additionally, run a LOT of experts. some of the gear there is really nice, and if you feel comfortable, running Mastermode CR or DD will really pay off if you have a solid group in your guild to help you through them. Finally, you can approach the planar equipment merchant and given that you have at least 1,500 planarite and say 300 SS, you can purchase epic gear and upgrade it to the maximum level as you go along.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

The three reps listed are correct for really any class that wants BiS pve runes. Also, I believe you want the unseen rep (pvp faction) for the BiS boots rune? I'm not sure about that 1 still working on it.

Thanks for the advice.

I finished the EI quest chain and got some very lucky drops pugging GSB, GP, DH, and RoS. I now have my hit above 300 and got into a fail HK PuG on Sunday night (beat the first boss, but couldn't down the Matron). Cheapo 3-button Sab build FTW! Is RotP harder than HK?

I have 350 ISS, but I'm a bit hesitant to spend them for only two weeks at most of use. Won't they be useful in SL?

Thanks for the advice.

I finished the EI quest chain and got some very lucky drops pugging GSB, GP, DH, and RoS. I now have my hit above 300 and got into a fail HK PuG on Sunday night (beat the first boss, but couldn't down the Matron). Cheapo 3-button Sab build FTW! Is RotP harder than HK?

I have 350 ISS, but I'm a bit hesitant to spend them for only two weeks at most of use. Won't they be useful in SL?
    The ISS will be replaced, as were all the other source stones as you leveled from 1-50. Go ahead and use them now to buff your stats for the leveling process of Storm Legion.

Rise of the Phoenix can be challenging, and definitely benefits from having some HK gear.

What exactly is "planar equipment"?

What exactly is "planar equipment"?
    It can represent more than one thing.

Generally it refers to the Planar Conqueror's gear which can be purchased through Inscribed Source Stones (or other gear pieces acquired at lower levels through source stones and planarite). It can also (but less often) mean your source machine/sigil and the planar essences you'd place in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there anywhere that lists the exact order of progresion currently in the game? I know GB is first and then RoS and probably HK. But I don't know where the others fit in between. I want to try and experience them all before the expansion with exception of ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    GSB = 20 Man - T1
    ROS = 20 Man - T1
    GP = 10 Man - T1
    DH = 10 Man - T1
    HK = 20 Man - T2
    ROTP = 10 Man T2
    ID = 20 Man T3
    PF = 10 Man T3

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Is there anywhere that lists the exact order of progresion currently in the game? I know GB is first and then RoS and probably HK. But I don't know where the others fit in between. I want to try and experience them all before the expansion with exception of ID.
    I really hope there are quests in SL that send players into the older content. I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be seeing the Tier 3 raids at level 50. I would love to see the Tier 3 raids at level 60 though in a relevant manner not involving face-rolling for cosmetic gear.

I really hope there are quests in SL that send players into the older content. I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be seeing the Tier 3 raids at level 50. I would love to see the Tier 3 raids at level 60 though in a relevant manner not involving face-rolling for cosmetic gear.
    Instant Adventures force mentor levels on participants. It's feasible that level 50 raids could enforce something similar, or reward you for doing 'em at the "correct" level.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    Instant Adventures force mentor levels on participants. It's feasible that level 50 raids could enforce something similar, or reward you for doing 'em at the "correct" level.
    I would not put it past Trion to include ID and PF in Weekly Raid list and Mentor you upon entering. At least I hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I would not put it past Trion to include ID and PF in Weekly Raid list and Mentor you upon entering. At least I hope they do.
    Mentor down to level 52

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    At this point in the expac, they're entirely inconsequential. Run Instant Adventures, do your daily dungeons, and accrue as many Inscribed Sourcestones as you can. The number of stats you can gain from 700 ISS will do you more good than most anything else you could invest your time in. Additionally, build up as much planarite as possible, and earn as much PA as you can. IMO you should put 2 points into each tree to get all your additional planar charges, then start focusing on the +dex hexagons.

Next to a great source machine, try to pick up the best runes for your gear that you can, they'll be your next highest stat bump. If you're short on plat, keep running IAs, they'll supply you with plenty of ISS and money.
    This was quite helpful to me. Ty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    GSB = 20 Man - T1
    ROS = 20 Man - T1
    GP = 10 Man - T1
    DH = 10 Man - T1
    HK = 20 Man - T2
    ROTP = 10 Man T2
    ID = 20 Man T3
    PF = 10 Man T3
    Thank you.

Lonestar: I don't see how they can achieve that goal without forcing mentor level on people. Those who want the challenge could always mentor themselves down while the rest of the player base moves onto more current content. I think you would upset some people.

Thank you.

Lonestar: I don't see how they can achieve that goal without forcing mentor level on people. Those who want the challenge could always mentor themselves down while the rest of the player base moves onto more current content. I think you would upset some people.
    They already force mentor in IA, I do not see why they wouldn't force Mentor on 50 Experts, Masters, Slivers and Raids. Then include them in the random weekly rotations. This is something I actually really hope they do. Of course, a 60 Mentored down to 50 is still more powerful than a 50(more abilities, maxed stats for 50), so it will still be somewhat "easy mode," it will make the content relevant for people that did not get a chance to do it. Offer ESS on the dailes/weeklys to get these done, or current raid marks like they do now with Infernal Marks.

Elrar, if you read this, can you let us know if something like this is in the works? Is there any sort of plan to keep older raid content relevant? If there is not, can you please pass my idea along as a suggestion?

Thank you.

I say it would be a force mentor level to 52 because that is the same level as the mobs/bosses in raids. Being at an equal level as the mobs would nullify any concerns about hit/toughness caps on the green/blue gear fresh level 60's would be wearing.