New 90 Prot Pally, what to reforge for?

I've read many guides including using AskMrRobot and I am confused as to which would help me the most when starting heroics.

I am currently using AskMrRobot's gearing strategy called "Control/Master" because it appears to be good as it controls incoming damage more. But it's reforging lots of dodge/parry to hit/expertise (to reach the cap).

Any suggestions to help me succeed in heroics without being destroyed?

Thanks!
    90 Holy Paladin | 90 Protection Warrior | 90 Discipline Priest | 90 Blood Death Knight | 90 Destruction Warlock | 90 Beast Master Hunter

mastery is the top tank stat for all tanks except monk

Many websites say the following:
    Stamina > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (15%) > Mastery > Haste > Parry > Dodge
    or
    Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (7.5%)
    etc...
    90 Holy Paladin | 90 Protection Warrior | 90 Discipline Priest | 90 Blood Death Knight | 90 Destruction Warlock | 90 Beast Master Hunter

If you're gearing up for raids, here's your priority

1) Hit Cap 7.5% (2550 hit rating)
    2) Expertise up to 15% (5100 expertise rating) - you will not get to it at first, you'll be sitting around ~10% and this is ok.
    3) Stam - aim for about 440K - 470K
    4) Haste - you attack faster, you get more HoPo - you live longer
    5) Mastery - ditto
    6) Parry - reforge from it into mastery
    7) Dodge - reforge from it into mastery

Hit (7.5%), Expertise (15%) then you can think about mastery, haste and stamina, then dodge and parry.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Not raiding, ever. Just heroics and maybe those world bosses? I'm a very casual player, few hours a week at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Not raiding, ever. Just heroics and maybe those world bosses? I'm a very casual player, few hours a week at most.
    Then your gearing will not matter really.

If you know how to play a paladin, I would suggest Hit>Expertise>Mastery>Stamina>Haste for casual game play. Do not ever go for dodge or parry.

If you are however not so good at performing your rotation ( search your soul ) I would go Mastery>hit>expertise>stamina>haste

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Then you just need hit (7.0 I believe for heroics), expertise (don't remember what the value is), and then haste -> mastery. Haste is powerful for 5-mans, but for raiding it's mastery. And then just reforge for when you want to do world bosses.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare