RESTO: Crit vs Mastery

Hello guys

This topic has probably already been discussed countless times, but i cant seem to find anything for pandaria with the search function :S

What do you guys think about crit vs mastery. What would you reforge to, and why?
    In my eyes Harmony seems alot better than living seed, if you only look at the passive abilities?, but what about the average healing, does a crit druid have a higher HPS than a mastery druid?

Voodrood

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit is a terrible stat for healers because relying on RNG to save people is nearly always bad. On top of that, the only interaction that Resto has with crit is living seed, which accounts for a horrendously low amount of healing done (1-2% on average). This is due to your top 3 heals (Rejuv, Wild Growth, and Lifebloom) not triggering it at all. Harmony on the other hand is now very easy to keep up, is a static increase to all of your HoTs aka 80%+ of your healing, and scales pretty well.

So its best if i just reforge all my crit to mastery, if i already have hit the wanted haste cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there's really no reason for you to run with crit. It is a throughput stat, but far too unreliable to be worth it. Unlike Resto Shammies you also don't get mana back per crit and such things.

Deleted
    Crit actually isn't a bad stat at all for resto, simply because most of our healing are HOT's, and so many small heals, rng plays a far smaller part for resto than classes which typically cast large heals.

Crudely speaking 20% of either will increase healing by 20%, crit costs slightly more to itemise than mastery and some of our abilities eg RG and LB have crit modifiers on them anyway, which deprecates the value of crit. The efflo portion of SM can crit now, it couldn't previously, but was increased by mastery, now that LS also procs from all direct crits mastery and crit are close, particularly if you find yourself needing to SM tanks.

I do prefer mastery though, there remains a greater potential for overheal from crit, possibly if I was skilled enough this wouldn't be the case

cheers

Worm

ed - grammar
    Last edited by mmoc2991fac950; 2012-10-19 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit isn't a bad stat for healers. LS is strong, hots crit, RG is our most powerful and efficient direct heal.

That being said, crit falls behind all secondary stats outside of extra spirit or extra haste. As the sticky says(it also has a section on crit vs mastery):
    Intellect = Spirit* > Haste Cap > Mastery > Crit > Excess Spirit > Excess Haste