Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    But whats her Overall overhealing on a fight, PoH is a Spell that overheals alot due to how it works.
    Cascade goes to pets as well which counts for overhealing as most pets hardly lose health during an encounter.
    Echo of Light just keeps on Ticking but this is a mana free HoT.

Its not natural to feed the priest Innervates, when u got a shaman around and the priests her own mana regen skills.
    I havent asked for Innervates yet, unless i died of something stupid and i reach those numbers as well (9.3k spirit in a raid setting) with Haste 4774 (cant get closer to 4721) and rest is mastery. So she might either need a tad more spirit, or heal more effective. But her overhealing will indeed convert to raw healing in HM's with more damage going out than she only need to adjust her regen.

My overall overhealing sits between 15 to 25% with spells like PoH and Cascade being a tad higher than that my overall overhealing.
    Its normal for a Holy Priest to have a high overhealing PoH, its the nature of the spell and Cascade counts the same, so does Divine Star and Halo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm mistaken here (I'm shadow after all), or maybe your using Skada instead or Recount - I dont know how Skada works for heals either. But I'm pretty sure Recount only counts effective heals when calculating HPS. This is why there used to be a mod for recount called Guessed Absorbs that showed hps from shield effects (like disc priests) and that once the mod was merged into Recount (Cata launch), having a disc priest in raid could make the HPS of other healers appear lower than normal - because if a target never went below 100% they were never effectively healed by the other healers, but the disc priest still gained effective HPS from shields Example: p1 of heroic Lich King in which case the other healers appeared to do almost no healing except the hpal on the tanks, and the disc priest on the whatever-that-effect-was-called.

Am I wrong on that? I'm pretty sure what your actually seeing is that your holy priest is doing like 80k HPS, of which 20k of it is overhealing and 58k is effective - but then like I said, the healing meter is just a thing I flip to to see if I beat the other dps on when I lose to them on dps (hah, so you beat me this time rogues - but your HPS sucks!) - so maybe a healy main can confirm ^^
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-10-22 at 08:34 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Your healers can only heal as much damage as there is. If the priest is healing it, the other 2 don't have to. If you're THAT concerned about overhealing, have some DPS stand in fire for a bit. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Her overhealing is fine. PoH is best spell to cast when just 3 people in group are damaged, so 2 people will be overhealed. Cascade's "delay" could account for it's overhealing. And lastly, if she isn't running out of mana, who cares? That and even with overhealing, her effective healing blows the other two out of the water.

As for Echo of Light, don't even get me STARTED. Only heally mastery that can be hot sniped by other classes and thus the only one that overhealing is caused by other healers, yea... not fair at all....... up there with monk's mastery

Just to add my voice to the others. Overhealing is sortof the nature of Holy. It's something I've started paying attention to in my own raid healing....simply because I DON'T have a druid to innervate me on CD..... And other healers like to point out my overhealing.

It is the general rule to POH if 3 or more in a party are taking damage. By the very nature of that, you can expect around 25-30% overhealing on POH. I've started using Cascade only if 5+ people are taking damage AND my Circle of Healing is on CD. Cascade IS stupid powerful at the moment, but it is also expensive. Backing off on its use has helped me conserve mana throughout the fight.

In short, it does look like she can reduce her overhealing slightly, and she is buffing meters some. On normal, she shouldnt require both mana tide AND innervate. Have her try backing off some on Cascade, rotating her CDs more efficiently, and breaking her "ABC" habit
    Last edited by Katemonster; 2012-10-22 at 07:36 PM.

My answer to this depends on how her mana is. Does she go oom at ANY point during the fights? Are her assigned targets dying or dropping dangerously low very often? If the answer is no to both of these, then I don't find overhealing to be a problem. Cascade can do a great amount of healing and it takes a little getting used to. I have to convince myself to save it for when most of the raid is pretty low on health, since it heals for so much. If she IS oom or missing her targets, then I'd be concerned and advise her to look into smarter use of her spells.

if a holy priest is outhealing your other 2 healers I wouldn't be concerned with her overhealing...... id wonder what the other 2 scrubs are doing.......