Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've found that Holy Prism is great for heroics, while Lights Hammer is just invaluable in so many more situations.

I just wish it had a slightly shorter CD/duration since it always seems to be clipping just too short to most big boss AoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    That said its still a solid, low cost, single target heal, instant cast heal which is useful in various situations.
    You're single-target healing with it? Shit, spec light's hammer and cast flash of light instead... you'd be better off for mana too, with all of it saved on not having to heal those millions of damage that the hammer deals with for free.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer lights hammer its just nice for a free aoe heal every min and it hits really hard both healing and damage for stacking. Plus if everyone is in it its nice for the beacon if I have ef rolling also. Just preference I guess

The truly astounding thing is how much healing it actually does in a small window of time. If you multiplied how much it healed by 3 and increased its cd to 3 minutes, it would be much stronger than tranq, assuming people were stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    The truly astounding thing is how much healing it actually does in a small window of time. If you multiplied how much it healed by 3 and increased its cd to 3 minutes, it would be much stronger than tranq, assuming people were stacked.
    True, but the benefit of Tranq (and the Priest version) are that they do that much healing over a short period of time. Light's Hammer is more akin to a more powerful Healing Rain. It's a raid stabiliser rather than a raid cooldown. I see Light's Hammer becoming more powerful later on in those constant raid AoE situations. In many encounters the raid is healed to full before Light's Hammer is finished healing, which can lead to waste.

But yes, it's winning outright over Holy Prism right now. Holy Prism probably needs to have the AoE healing range increased by quite a bit, and also be made into a smart heal, in order to be competitive. I'd like Holy Prism to be the go to ranged / burst heal and Light's Hammer to go to grouped / sustained AoE heal. Holy Prism is half way there already. It just needs tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Light's Hammer is more akin to a more powerful Healing Rain.
    Maybe in 25m, but in 10m when we take the annihilation explosion lights hammer will heal all the range and heals to full as well as the beacon target.

Holy Prism out-performs Light's Hammer in 5 mans, while Light's Hammer (usually) out-performs Holy Prism in raids. It's just the fact that Holy Prism has a 5 player cap, while Light's Hammer can heal everyone, so the larger the group the better the spell. Right?

Maybe in 25m, but in 10m when we take the annihilation explosion lights hammer will heal all the range and heals to full as well as the beacon target.
    I'm assuming you bounce it off Elegon then? Because it only heals people who are within 15 yards of the enemy target, and the add is already dead by then. I'm surprised that the ranged and healers are within 15 yards of Elegon right after the annihilation (or at any time, actually)

Please let me know what I'm missing.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Not sure exactly what I'm looking at. It casts Holy Prism on the target of my target. That's all well and good, but you don't know who I'm targeting, do you? What is the intent of your macro: to single target damage + aoe heal or to single target heal + aoe damage? I'm pretty sure I don't need your macro to do either since I use VuhDo and I just keybind in VuhDo to make it a mouseover macro.

Target the tank from time to time? hit the melee with a holy shock then hit the macro.. I mean this is pretty much how i use to use judgement..

I don't disagree with that. What I mean is that, typically, other heals will be thrown out that wind up healing the raid up before Light's Hammer has finished, meaning the tail end is wasted. With the faster spells like Tranq they tend to 'snipe' the heals, where as Light's Hammer is more easily sniped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    I wish the heal on holy prism was less... idiotic. I've had it heal 5 army ghouls at full health instead of the numerous people that were actually injured.
    This. So many times this.

I don't know if it's a well documented issue or not, but it's horrific sometimes. I've been working on Spirit Kings heroic lately, 10-man mode with 2 healers and at least for me this seems like the kind of fight Holy Prism was designed for. I mean, in the first phase with Qiang the raid is bunched up and taking aoe damage and then in the following two phases with Subetai and Zian, the raid is entirely spread.

Light's Hammer is really great for the Qiang phase, but after that it's entirely useless for most of the rest of the fight. But Prism is awesome for that because you can use it as an AOE heal in Qiang phase and then use it to single-target spot heal in the later phases. Amazing!

...Except it's not. Because whenever I try to use Prism in phase 1, it seems to prefer to heal our Demo Warlock's Imp Swarm and our DKs Army of the Dead instead of the raid members. I mean, really, several times I had my MSBT pop up with "Holy Prism: 0 Healing [212k Overheal)" because it was healing entirely pets, while the whole raid was at 50% hp.

Sadly, I had to switch back to Light's Hammer.

just use execution sentence and cast it with wings/DF/prepot as damage on the boss (then as close to on CD with trinket/jade spirit procs after that). boss damage is way more important for most heroic fights (at least in 10man) than a groundzone and a very unintelligent heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I'm assuming you bounce it off Elegon then? Because it only heals people who are within 15 yards of the enemy target, and the add is already dead by then. I'm surprised that the ranged and healers are within 15 yards of Elegon right after the annihilation (or at any time, actually)

Please let me know what I'm missing.
    It's about Light's Hammer, not Holy Prism. You don't need to bounce Light's Hammer off anything, you just place it wherever you want on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Flayful View Post
    just use execution sentence and cast it with wings/DF/prepot as damage on the boss (then as close to on CD with trinket/jade spirit procs after that). boss damage is way more important for most heroic fights (at least in 10man) than a groundzone and a very unintelligent heal.
    This is too dumb to be serious. 8/10 for getting me to reply I guess.

While I go for Hammer on most fights, I loved Prism on Gara'jal Heroic 10. Adds quite a bit of damage on the boss + the adds in the spirit realm and does decent healing!!

(skip to 0:31 for the pull)

Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    I wish the heal on holy prism was less... idiotic. I've had it heal 5 army ghouls at full health instead of the numerous people that were actually injured.
    Totally agree on that... it sometimes seemed to prefer useless targets like Ghouls and pets to Voodoo Dolls players on Gara'jal ^^

Give it a 10sec CD, and gain HP and i consider using it over Lights hammer in raid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9245&e=9806

heroic feng

EDIT: This is just to let everyone know how insane this spell is.

EDIT2: Sacred shield uptime was only 72.4% ;/ not the greatest but everyone has room to improve in some area. I just wish I had a reliable way to track the damn thing with vanilla power auras.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-10-24 at 05:27 AM.

I mainly used Light's Hammer, but now that our raid healing is good I just like to focus on the tanks and throw an Execution Sentence once in a while, it depends on the fight.

I actually reall wanted to like Holy Prism. It's a really cool mechanic that gives a lot of latitude in how it can be used. Single-target heal, group heal as well as single-target and aoe damage options. Since Holy is severly lacking in the AoE damage department with the Consecrate and Holy Wrath relegated to other specs, I was all for picking it up. And to be perfectly honest, in 5-man's its absolutely great. The range is large enough that it can usually hit the entire group if a boss or trash mob is the 'prism', and it gives a nice quick single-target heal for those spots when DL is just too long of a cast and you don't want to burn the mana for FoL.

That said, in a raiding environment, I don't care for it. The healing is limited to 5 targets, weakening its usefulness in group healing situations. The single-target version with an ally as the 'prism' isn't bad (slightly stronger than HS), but I feel that its rarely necessary to get a fast but relatively small heal off in a raid. Other healers can fill gaps in your casts so you don't have to worry as much about a tank being gibbed mid-cast, and frankly raiding tanks are generally better about managing their cd's so they don't balance on the brink of death too often.

In addition to all of that, Holy Prism IS NOT a smart-heal. Running LFR the other day, I used ran Prism just to try it out. Over the entire raid, I believe Prism managed to do something like 60% of its possible output as overhealing. Even in situations where the group had just taken a pretty big hit (Feng's Epicenter or Stone Guard Overload for example) it managed to pick the 5 people who were the closest to full health and do some minimal amount of real healing.

All that said, there are a few cases I could see usefulness from it. Gara'jal's spirit realm would allow HP to be fairly effective, since overhealing is still good for stacking damage buffs on dps, as well as allowing you to contribute some damage to the adds. However, I think in the long run, we'll probably see Prism relegated to 5-man content with some possible use in 10-man raiding on specific fights. Overall, Light's Hammer is just a more powerful spell when utilized well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's about Light's Hammer, not Holy Prism. You don't need to bounce Light's Hammer off anything, you just place it wherever you want on the ground.
    Yes, I'm aware how Light's Hammer works. I misread the original quote and thought it was about Holy Prism.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 04:00 PM ----------

EDIT2: Sacred shield uptime was only 72.4% ;/ not the greatest but everyone has room to improve in some area. I just wish I had a reliable way to track the damn thing with vanilla power auras.
    You should be able to set up an aura that notifies you if your sacred shield is not active on a friendy raid member, no? Not sure, I stopped using PowerAuras and use Weak Auras now.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-10-24 at 08:00 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.