Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Blademaster Beranin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28

    Is demo or destro the spec to be in PVP?

    Both have their pros and cons I imagine, but I read topics of both specs in pvp and can't decide which one would be more viable. Leaning towards destro but I'm not sure.


    Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Paarthurnax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    357
    Depends on what your comp is and if you're doing 2's, 3's, or 5's. Assuming no one sits on you destro has the most burst kill potential but demo is probably better against good teams that know to not let that chaos bolt cast finish.

    Main:Paarthurnax | Alt:Peijing | <Huge in Japan> 14/14H US#16
    “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”
    --Littlefinger

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Destro can tear apart bad players but it's very weak against competent players.
    Demo at least is versatile.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Destro can tear apart bad players but it's very weak against competent players.
    Demo at least is versatile.
    this.

    demo isn't exactly stronger than destro , it's just that demo can deal it's burst without any cast times so it's harder to stop , though fury generation is even slower than ember generation.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    this.

    demo isn't exactly stronger than destro , it's just that demo can deal it's burst without any cast times so it's harder to stop , though fury generation is even slower than ember generation.
    I don't always have enough Demonic Fury. But when I do...

  6. #6
    Demo also has more burst than Destro, unless you get to cast 2+ CB's uninterrupted, but when does that happen?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Demo also has more burst than Destro, unless you get to cast 2+ CB's uninterrupted, but when does that happen?
    For 2v2;

    Instant fear their partner
    Pop conflag into shadowfury
    Start your first chaos bolt
    Pop conflag into spell lock
    Start your second chaos bolt

    For 3v3, ask someone to CC the 3rd.

  8. #8
    Destro is best right now, but that being said Locks are all around kinda weak.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    For 2v2;

    Instant fear their partner
    Pop conflag into shadowfury
    Start your first chaos bolt
    Pop conflag into spell lock
    Start your second chaos bolt

    For 3v3, ask someone to CC the 3rd.
    Sounds good on paper, but in real PvP it's never that easy.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    For 2v2;

    Instant fear their partner
    Pop conflag into shadowfury
    Start your first chaos bolt
    Pop conflag into spell lock
    Start your second chaos bolt

    For 3v3, ask someone to CC the 3rd.
    One day you'll reach the 1600 bracket. Hang in there.

    Seriously though, PvP just doesn't work this way.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    One day you'll reach the 1600 bracket. Hang in there.

    Seriously though, PvP just doesn't work this way.
    I'm a S4 and S5 gladiator with experience up to 2500. Hey. Thanks for trying to turn this into an e-peen contest though.

    How about you say why it doesn't work instead?
    Last edited by Tya; 2012-10-20 at 12:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I'm a S4 and S5 gladiator with experience up to 2500. Hey. Thanks for trying to turn this into an e-peen contest though.

    How about you say why it doesn't work instead?
    Because when abilities that can counter others and DRs along with your opposing team being capable of CCing you, it doesn't happen often.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 03:07 PM ----------

    Also, I doubt you'd want to actually waste your Shadowfury on the DPS, since you probably won't be able to finish off your opponent by the time his healer gets out of that fear.
    Melee vs caster balance in WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F0Ehgx_Q8

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Because when abilities that can counter others and DRs along with your opposing team being capable of CCing you, it doesn't happen often.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 03:07 PM ----------

    Also, I doubt you'd want to actually waste your Shadowfury on the DPS, since you probably won't be able to finish off your opponent by the time his healer gets out of that fear.
    Yes. Force the other team to blow their stuff then blow your stuff when they have no stuff left. Welcome to arena.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I'm a S4 and S5 gladiator with experience up to 2500. Hey. Thanks for trying to turn this into an e-peen contest though.

    How about you say why it doesn't work instead?
    Because the other team has a brain.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Because the other team has a brain.
    And because you lack a brain, you can't get burst combos off, or what?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Yes. Force the other team to blow their stuff then blow your stuff when they have no stuff left. Welcome to arena.
    Problem is, you can't do that unless you burst as Destruction, because your sustained pressure sucks. See where I'm getting at? I'm not attacking you, I'm just answering your question. We both know that it's not that simple.
    Melee vs caster balance in WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9F0Ehgx_Q8

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    Personal preference m8

    I prefer demo
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Affliction. Hands down.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Affliction. Hands down.

    The thread didn't ask about Affliction, get off the bandwagon.


    As far as Destro goes, its very very weak against most skilled players. The best I've been able to do with it so far is to force as much pressure as possible without casting a Chaos Bolt, and then pop off 2 in a row when the other team has no Trinket/Bubble/Racial.

    Demonology's mobility in Meta is amazing, but outside Meta you're a sitting duck. If your partner is good at peeling, and you can get up to 5 or 6 hundred Fury, you're going to destroy someone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •