10+ Year Old Account

is crit/haste a new tank stat, or did blizzard mess up the jp gear for prot?

Justice points offers fillers for your chest, back, ring, hands, pants, neck, and trinket. Looking at the gear as a pally, I see that some peices only have 2 of them offered (as opposed to the usual 3, prot/ret/holy). In some cases this makes sense, like in the case of the chest piece. It has hit and mastery as its secondary stats, both are useful to ret and prot (though to varying degrees of course). Now 2 of these "shared" loot pieces are gloves and pants. The gloves have haste and exp, while the pants have mastery and crit. Am I missing something? When did crit and haste become (non bear) tank stats?

Now, I'm sure that these arent COMPLETELY useless, but as best I can tell, I would be willing to trade 1000 crit for about 10 mastery as a tank. So why has my prot gearing been slowed down even further (I say this because of a different topic that any plate wearer can need on my tank gear)? Obviously this is from the standpoint of a casual player, as I am still trying to get 463's
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Crit is mostly useless (pure threat)

Haste on the other hand,

Lowers the CD and GCD of your HP generators, which gives you more HP to dump back into survival

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is great for us. Crit is not.

Any dps gear that does NOT have crit on it is great for prot pallies. Expect loot argument from melee DPS in groups. In your case, haste/exp is far better than mastery/crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, so haste isnt as bad as i thought it was. Is it good enough that I would turn down avoidance stats for it? or is it in the same catagory as hit and exp?
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    ok, so haste isnt as bad as i thought it was. Is it good enough that I would turn down avoidance stats for it? or is it in the same catagory as hit and exp?
    Hit + Exp to cap/Haste=Mastery/Parry/Dodge

Well, there are actually a few different thoughts. It depends on if you want passive or active mitigation. Icy Veins and some other guides get into it in more detail, but here are the main three:
    Avoidance - Push dodge/parry to the fullest, then mastery. Your damage will be spikier, and HP gen is unstable, thus fewer self heals and SotR dmg reduction.
    Mitigation - Push mastery then hit/exp/haste for HP. Smoother damage intake, but also not the best HP gen as you are unlikely to cap hit/exp.
    Control - Push Hit and full expertise, then mastery and haste. You take more damage, but a lot more control of self-heals and steady dmg reduction from SotR buff.

JP/VP is not for gearing to progress thru content, its for people who dont want to step foot into raiding/heroics and still get a sense of reward. Thats why its missing the tank gear, tanks are specs that go into these types of content. ok ok ok im trolling.

ya the JP gear sucks for prot pallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    ya the JP gear sucks for prot pallies.
    No it doesn't. Only one piece is bad, and that's the legs. Everything else is either good (hit/mastery, haste/expertise, hit/haste, expertise/mastery) or okay (parry/hit).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    hit and exp are your best stats

Hit=Exp >>> Haste = Mastery ( max out one, depending on personal preference ) > Str >>> Avoidance ( avoid avoidance ) >>> Crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Hit=Exp >>> Haste = Mastery ( max out one, depending on personal preference ) > Str >>> Avoidance ( avoid avoidance ) >>> Crit
    You were correct on the other thread, where you said Hit > exp but the rest is correct. I've just got back from pub golf so I'm ruined but yeah, hopefully this makes sense.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You were correct on the other thread, where you said Hit > exp but the rest is correct. I've just got back from pub golf so I'm ruined but yeah, hopefully this makes sense.
    Very true, simple typo.

Haste is INCREDIBLE with Divine Purpose. I think it slightly better than mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad
    Haste is INCREDIBLE with Divine Purpose. I think it slightly better than mastery.
    Going by the numbers provided by Theck and some testing, I can confirm that it's not.

Haste and mastery are equal in terms of damage smoothing. Haste will increase your damage from that point on and mastery will reduce the amount of total damage you take, relative to mastery, but will not increase your dps.

If you want more dps then haste is superior, if you want to take less damage then mastery is better and that's pretty much the end of it as things stand now
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.