I need criticism badly

I apologize if this is yet another fix my dps thread but its partly that and partly boss specific ways of dpsing.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Crabzy/simple

Heroic 10 Man Stone Guard WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5336&e=5761

Heroic 10 Man Feng WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2066&e=2621

So as you can see I am the lowest dps on both of the heroic kills, the only reason I did not list anything else is because these are literally the only raid encounters I have done this expansion so far.

My broad question is, am I doing anything visibly and terribly wrong?

- I never let Agony drop off, keep up Corr and UA as much as possible
    - I have my trinket and synapse springs macro'd to almost all my damage abilities so the up time is high.
    - My reforge is basically I was trying to get to 3043 haste to reach the first Agony threshold for an extra tick (with raid buffs)

- I admit during the fights I am focusing more on the encounters and less on my buffs so I have not really been re-applying DoT's when I notice a lot of procs, but would that count for almost 20-30k dps increase?

Is any of that terribly wrong or should I change anything immediately?

Heroic 10 Man questions!

For heroic Stone Guard what I was doing was SB:SS Guard A -> Agony Corr Guard B -> SB:SS Guard C + haunt and do rotation, then when my dots on Guard C need to be re-applied I do that and begin rotation again always focusing on the last guard to do a full couple rotations. Is this optimal for this fight? I was honestly just winging it and not sure if its correct to do this.

For heroic Feng my main question is AoE dps on the shield adds. I am still sort of figuring out how to AoE as affliction as a whole, but this is what I've done for this fight. Adds spawn -> SB:SoC first add followed by SB:SS so SoC goes off faster -> Tab through each add and SoC -> Get to boss SB:SS spam SoC on him. Is this optimal AoE DPS for this particular fight or is there a more efficient way?

Heroic Gara'Jal. So basically for this fight I was sent into the spirit realm(?) with a druid healer and enhance DPS. This is another fight where it seems in the spirit realm that I should either be AoEing or tab dotting but I am really not sure. We didn't get much research time and only pulled him a few times but are there any tips for affliction warlocks in the spirit realm?

Given my guild did kill the first 2 bosses on heroic I am feeling like I am being carried and I am not used to being carried and want to pull my own weight. But for the first in an expansion release I honestly do not know what is going on with my general DPS.

Deleted
    Just can give you the tip, that you should play Demonology at the first two bosses.

First Boss Affli is still bad, because the Tank Mob changes are random, it will happen that a full dotted mob only recive 10% of your dmg (90% reduce alone).
    As Demo it's much easyer to hold your both dots on the main Targets and refresh, when a mob changes (1min uptime & refresh corruption with Demonic slash).
    With Demo I reach around 162k dps.

At Feng Demo is still good, because you have massiv AOE-Burst to the targets. If you play with a Dk, he can grap all adds to one point and your Felstrom will hit eery mob. Play in Demo and use your immolationaura, youse hrvest life and try to get high shadowflame uptime.
    Single Target is'nt that bad in other phases, and I go out with aroung 84k.

Hope i helped you,
    Kinetigger - Maekz

Quote Originally Posted by Maekz View Post

First Boss Affli is still bad, because the Tank Mob changes are random, it will happen that a full dotted mob only recive 10% of your dmg
    An unglyphed Soul Swap will solve all of your problems.

Deleted
    First boss is not bad for affliction at all, what Reolac said is true.

It is also a DPS boost to throw corruption on the 3rd stoneguard to fish for Haunt procs (as it works on number of ticks as opposed to a flat percentage).

your....beard is too long,sorry i am mentaly unable to tell you if your doing wrong,im sorry

Tracking buffs is pretty important, and "keep up Corr and UA as much as possible" is noot good enough for affliction, they have to be up all the time.
    You need some addon that lets you track everything easily. I use DrainSouler, TellMeWhen, Castbars (to see MG/DS ticks) and TidyPlates. This is what it looks like:

Tiny shining blob in the middle is my gnome, so everything is in the middle of the screen. If you use TMW, I can paste import code here. 3rd row is procs, 4th is internal cooldowns.
    Macro your trinkets to Haunt and Dark Soul instead of all abilities, using them in low damage phases can be a waste.

Ok so I think I'm gathering this, (thank you all for the replies btw!), I will defintely be trying to keep track of my buffs more closely. I will be getting tidyplates and some addon to keep track of my proc'able buffs (not sure what tho).

So I'll get a little more indepth with my single target dps:

- Start off with 4 soul shards
    - SB:SS
    - Haunt
    - Malefic Grasp
    - Haunt
    - Malefic Grasp
    - Reapply DoT's

So basically I use all 4 soul shards in the beginning of a fight, is that a correct rotation to do basically 100% of the time? Assuming I have soul shards to do it?

If you start with SB:SS, dots will not benefit from procs. I start like this:
    -Precast UA
    -Agony/Corr/CoE while running to position
    -MG till everything procs (1-3 ticks)
    -Haunt+DS
    -SS:SB
    -MG/Haunt
    -refresh dots just as procs/DS are about to end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    An unglyphed Soul Swap will solve all of your problems.
    Does'nt change the fact, that Demo is still very nice at this fight. Just my opinion.
    Way easyer to play and hit two targets with some highdmg abilitys.

Be sure, that i know about the Glyphe, told him just my Minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    If you start with SB:SS, dots will not benefit from procs. I start like this:
    -Precast UA
    -Agony/Corr/CoE while running to position
    -MG till everything procs (1-3 ticks)
    -Haunt+DS
    -SS:SB
    -MG/Haunt
    -refresh dots just as procs/DS are about to end
    I see your logic, but I can't imagine all three of your dots being hard-cast will benefit either. Your UA certainly won't being pre-cast, and you're also losing two GCDs.

I start with tapping SB before pull. Usually at the ready check. By the time my tank actually pulls I have the 4th shard back again. I open with:

-SS (4 shards available - still SB'd)
    -CoE
    -MG (Proc my weapon/trinket) until Lust is actually cast (my Shammy's a little slow on it)
    -DS / Lifeblood / Use Trinket (FfRG)
    -SB: SS (3 shards available)
    -Haunt (2 shards available)
    -MG
    -MG
    -MG
    -Haunt at 2-3 seconds remaining (depending on your distance to boss) on Haunt debuff to make up for travel time (1 shard available)
    -MG
    ...and normal rotation after this.

I set up weak auras so that I have a visual reminder to manually refresh dots at <7 sec (UA), <9 sec (Corruption), <12 sec (Agony). It's very simple after that, except for when you are below hit cap and have terrible RNG like me and have to hard cast UA 3 times before it actually hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I see your logic, but I can't imagine all three of your dots being hard-cast will benefit either. Your UA certainly won't being pre-cast, and you're also losing two GCDs.
    My procs are worth more than 8k spd, with base being about 26k with prepot. So, about +30% damage. Alternative is another SS:SB at the beggining, but that shard can be used later to Haunt supercharged dots. Well worth two lost gcd's in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

I'm starting to think there's a couple of things that are contributing to my really low dps.

1. I have never done normal vaults and I'm jumping right into heroic with a group of people who have cleared it on normal so I feel really out of place and confused a lot of the time. So I feel out of my comfort level.

2. Keeping track of buffs might be a big one from what everyone is saying, does anyone know of an easy to use addon that keeps track of buffs/proc's?

3. I have a lot less epics than most of people in my raid so maybe my dps might like a bit lower because they are all doing decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabsy View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tips!

I'm starting to think there's a couple of things that are contributing to my really low dps.

1. I have never done normal vaults and I'm jumping right into heroic with a group of people who have cleared it on normal so I feel really out of place and confused a lot of the time. So I feel out of my comfort level.

2. Keeping track of buffs might be a big one from what everyone is saying, does anyone know of an easy to use addon that keeps track of buffs/proc's?

3. I have a lot less epics than most of people in my raid so maybe my dps might like a bit lower because they are all doing decent damage.
    I'm not surprised really. Heroic modes are very challenging as there is usually a lot more going on, plus your gear probably isn't up to it. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself - use LFR to practise, and just make sure you're taking every opportunity to improve that little bit more each week. There is some good advice around on these forums so keep checking it.