Best weapon enchant for Shadow

Hi there,

Now that the Jade Spirit enchant is starting to becoming available I wondered if anyone had done the theory crafting to see how much better this enchant was for Shadow Priest (assuming haste plateau reached). This is not obvious to me as Windsong can have multiple procs.

Thanks for your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just flat Stat Amount * Stat Weight * Uptime calculations for both put Jade Spirit at about 33% better than Windsong right now. This is not accounting for feedback loops (the haste Windsong makes Windsong procs more likely) or haste plateaus, but I highly doubt either one would account for such a large difference. Windsong may become better than Jade Spirit towards the end of this expansion, but it's not right now.

On the other hand, 10k for materials...

Currently windsong and jade spirit are about equal as long as you do not have reched the haste sofcap (about equal cause it is luck witch procs you get it varies from slightly worse then jade spirit to something like 30 pp better, once you reach the hastecap jade spirit becomes better than windsong)
    math:
    pre hastecap:
    Int = 1.0000
    Spirit = 0.6181
    Spell Power = 0.8151
    Hit = 0.6181
    Crit = 0.4099
    Haste = 0.7861
    Mastery = 0.3717
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.2552

assuming 20% uptime on each of the proccs (witch is realistic but varies depending on luck between 10% and 40% for ech buff)

235.38PP (from the hasteprocc)+122.97pp (crit)+111.51pp (mastery)= 469.86PP
    vs Jade Spirit: 1650*12/50 = 396PP

-> on average jade spirit is weaker as long as we are not hastecapped

with hastecap:
    Int = 1.0000
    Spirit = 0.6296
    Spell Power = 0.8026
    Hit = 0.6296
    Crit = 0.4299
    Haste = 0.4475
    Mastery = 0.4073
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.2332

Windsong:

134.25pp (haste)+128.79pp(crit)+122.19pp(mastery): 385.23

vs Jade Spirit: still 396PP

Statweights taken from howtopriest.com

pls correct me if i made a mistake somewhere
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Jade Spirit > Windsong.

Windsong is cheap, Jade Spirit is expensive so wait for a good Epic weapon drop to break out the Jade Spirit.

There is only one Jade Spirit in our AH. It's up for 15k or something. It still annoys me to see ridiculous prices on the AH for what you get. A minor dps increase but the price is a hundred times higher. I will stick with windsong untill I get a good weapon or prices drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    There is only one Jade Spirit in our AH. It's up for 15k or something. It still annoys me to see ridiculous prices on the AH for what you get. A minor dps increase but the price is a hundred times higher. I will stick with windsong untill I get a good weapon or prices drop.
    12 Dust + 1 Shard
    vs
    10 Sha Crystal

When NO ONE is DE'ing Epics atm. People doing the daily Enchanting CD are the only real Crystals atm. Not to mention pretty much only Humans grinding Peace Pipes or took advantage of the questing double up while it was in have the enchant.

Prices should start to drop in about a month.