Page 1 of 55
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?

Mafia Game XIX: Town Drunk Version

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

General:

Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Night phase:

Mafia/Werewolves will each select one of their own to carry out their night kill.
    Town investigators investigates one player per night, and will receive results in the form of Town/Mafia/Werewolf, if they're a cop/seer. If mind controlled, they will receive 'No Result'.
    The Doctors will choose one person to protect at night. A protected person cannot be killed unless the strongman serial killer targets them. Healed people cannot be healed again the subsequent night after, even by another doctor.
    The Serial Killers will choose one person to carry out a kill, and individually decide whether or not to wear a vest.
    Traitors will search for any mafia member or serial killer is order to get converted. If they find an investigator, they will be killed instead.
    Junior cops/seers (deputies) will search for scum each night, and leave notes in the morning of their results. Junior cops/seers die upon finding mafia.
    Lookouts will track a house's visitors.
    Trackers will track someone's movement.
    Town drunks will heckle someone each night.

The order of night actions is as follows: "Mind controlling >lookout actions/tracking>heckling>protections>conversions>sk kills>other scum team kills>investigations."

No other players are allowed to discuss anything in the thread at this time (it's night, you're asleep!). Any posts made during this time will be deleted!

Day phase:

Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote.

Please put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [Other player]" to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [Other Player]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use "VOTE: NO-LYNCH"
    To help someone during a gunfight, use "Help: [player]"
    To unhelp someone during a gunfight, use "Unhelp" on a line by itself.
    To change your help action, use "Unhelp help: [Other player]" to cancel your previous action and help the [Other Player]
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Kumduh
    Some more general mafia slang for those interested.
    Once the final vote is cast, it is unofficially night and no more discussion is allowed to take place.
    Gunfights with out enough players to end it, will result in neither players dying.
    Voting take place immediately after a gunfight, should a gunfight occur.

Depending on conditions, deputies, serial killers, and copy cats have the duration of the day to message the mods to decide their further actions.

Inter-Role Dynamics:

Traitors that are the targets of both scum and doctor healing during a single night, become converted.
    A deputy's ability won't activate until all of the game's cops/seers are dead.
    A deputy's ability will not active if a cannibal kills a cop/seer. However it will activated open death of all the game's cannibals.
    A cannibal that kills an activated deputy will not inherent the knowledge of the deputy's notes.
    A copycat that copies a deputy before the cop/seer dies, activates his abilities simultaneously along with the real deputy upon death of all cops/seers.
    A mafia/werewolf killer that is being targeted by a doctor, while also targeting a PGO, will survive the counter-attack.
    If a cop/seer and a Psychotic mafia/rabid wolf get in a gunfight, a deputy's abilities won't activate until both the the cop/seer and psychotic mafia/rabid wolf die.
    A lookout who sees a Serial killer team kill someone, will only see the hit man serial killer.

Roles:

Role: Vanilla Townie
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. You have no night action.
    Affiliation: Town
    Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Town Drunk
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. Additionally, each night you can choose to heckle one person outside their house each night. Heckling has no affected on the game, and heckled people will receive a message that they've been heckled during the night. Heckling bypasses protection.
    Win Condition:You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Paranoid Gun Owner
    Ability: You lie awake at night prepared to shoot first when somebody breaks into your home. Unfortunately you forgot to stock up on ammo so you can only do this once. You will get a message once you used up your shots.
    Role: Seer
    Ability: Investigate (Seer) - Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Townie.
    Role: Doctor
    Ability: First Aid - At night you may choose a player to protect from 1 killer. Targets can be healed consecutively, however it'll have no effect on the target. Even by other doctors.
    Role: Deputy
    Ability: Vanilla townie for the duration of the game, until the cop's/seer's death. At cop's/seer's death, you are given a choice, reveal the notes of the cop/seer to the townies or become a junior-cop/seer.

Junior cop/seer: Before each night you will write down the name of the person you will investigate and leave in search for mafia/werewolf. You die upon finding a mafia/werewolf member. However once your body turns up, the note showing who you searched that night will be known to the townies.

Role: Lookout
    Ability: You have the active ability to sit outside an individual player's house each night, and record who enters that specific house in the night.
    Role: Tracker
    Ability: You have the active ability to track an individual player each night, and record who's house (if any) they visit during the night.
    Role: Werewolf
    Abilities: Factional communication - You may talk with your partners here and do faction kills. Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.
    Affiliation: Werewolf
    Win condition: You win when all townies and serial killers have been eliminated or when nothing can prevent this from occurring during the day (overwhelming werewolf day-time majority).
    Role: Rabid Wolf
    Abilities: Factional communication - You have the passive ability to get in a gunfight with any cops/seers that investigate you. Additionally you may talk with your partners and do faction kills. Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.

Gun Fight: You and the cop/seer engage in a gun-fight which awakens the rest of the town. Everyone in the game must choose to "help" one of the two gun-fighters. The first person to receive the majority help of the town, will win the gunfight and kill the other player.

Players must vote to help one of the two players by saying "Unhelp or Help XXXXXXX".

The loser of the gunfight will always turn up as the rapid wolf, regardless of their true role.

Affiliation: Werewolf
    Win condition: You win when all townies and serial killers have been eliminated or when nothing can prevent this from occurring during the day (overwhelming werewolf day-time majority).
    Role: Serial Killer
    Abilities: Factional Communication - You may talk with your possible partners. Each night one of you will perform a kill and the other will act as lookout. The lookout warn the killer inside the house, and depending on your sub-type the killer will leave early or go through with the kill before fleeing.

Sub Types: You must pick what type of killer you and your possible teammates will be. This choice is permanent, so choose wisely.

Cannibal - You hunger for human flesh! You will store your victim's bodies in your industrial freezer and prevent their role from being revealed the next day. If you die the bodies will be found by the mafia/town.

Strongman - You are an unstoppable killing machine! Equipped with an automatic rifle, you may kill players even when they are protected by a jail keeper, doctor, or firearm. Your team has access to a single bulletproof vest, that is always worn passively by whoever is doing the direct night killing.

Ninja - You are trained in the art of camouflage! Armed with ninja weapons and extreme stealth training, you cannot be jailed or observed. If your killing ninja is targeted another killer, then your ninja will continue with the kill before fleeing.

Vampire - You are evil incarnate and can control one person every other night to do your kill for you. You can still mind control through role blocks but if the person you mind control is role blocked then they can't do your kill for you. You can choose to forego your MC the first night, but afterwards you can't control yourself and must start your every other night cycle on night two. You bypass lookouts and trackers, however your mind controlled targets do not. Mind controlling and having your controlled target commit any killings, are two separate chronological orders.

Mind controling and

Affiliation: Independent scum (unless a traitor teams up with you)
    Win Condition: You win when all townies and werewolves have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring during the day (overwhelming mafia day-tome majority), or when you are one of two people left standing end-game.
    Composition:

Scum-
    4 Werewolves
    2 Rapid wolf
    2 Serial Killer

Neutral-

Town-
    4 Vanilla Townies
    1 Town Drunk
    1 Seer
    1 Doctor
    1 Deputy
    1 Lookout
    1 Tracker
    1 PGO

Mods: Pud'n, keleb

Killed:

1. Silkku (Town drunk)
    2. Worer (Strongman-sk)
    3. The Dwarf Lover (Werewolf)
    4. Firebert (Vanilla townie)
    5. Everything Nice (Lookout)
    NightFury Treann (Strongman-sk)
    7. Eniah (Doctor)
    8. holz (Tracker)
    9. Lysah (VT)
    10. Arlee (Rabid wolf?)
    11. Anakso (Deputy)
    12. Dyra (VT)
    13. Worgenite (Werewolf)

Roles Remaining:

Scum-

4 Werewolves
    2 Rapid wolf

Independent Scum-

2 Serial Killers

Town-

4 Vanilla townies
    0 Town Drunk
    1 Seer
    1 Doctor
    1 Deputy
    1 Lookout
    1 Tracker
    1 PGO

Unaffiliated-

Players Remaining:

1. Zerioc
    2. Majad
    3. rolo4804
    4. Krayzy
    5. Kisuro
    6. kel

Voting Records:

Day 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    holz (1): Worer, Treann
    Anakso (1): Dyra
    Lysah (3): Silkku, The Dwarf Lover, Krayzy
    Dyra (5): Firebert, holz, Kisuro, Anakso, Zerioc
    kel (1): Lysah
    no-lynch (2): Eniah, Majad
    Day 2:
    Lysah (1): Krayzy
    Worer (10): Lysah, The Dwarf Lover, Everything Nice, holz, Dyra, rolo4804, Anakso, Worgen, Kisuro, Arlee
    Eniah (1): Majad
    Firebert (1): Worer
    Anakso (1): Firebert
    Day 3:
    Majad (2): Eniah, Kisuro
    Treann (8): Dyra, Worgenite, Lysah, rolo4804, Anakso, Arlee, Krayzy, holz, (Majad)
    Day 4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Worgenite (4): Lysah, Anakso, Krayzy, Dyra
    Lysah (6): Worgen, rolo4804, Majad, Kisuro, kel, Arlee
    Day 5:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Worgenite (4): Kisuro, Zerioc, Majad, Worgenite.
    Wolves are divided into two teams of three. Sk's are a team.

All death descriptions are flavor texts.

Sending out PM's shortly.

Deadline: Sunday 11:59 PM EST

Whelp I think that's it. Feel free to point out anything inconsistent or confusing in my OP.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 07:25 PM ----------

Anyone like the game name?

Also be sure to read the rapid wolf description, and the last few lines on the day-phase and inter-role dynamics sections in my OP.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-29 at 03:14 AM.

Seconded.

Too bad NFT.

Too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    vote Lysah

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh, speaking of - Did you misplace my role, or am I not playing this round?
    If he does it like me, he made the thread first and is now sending out the role pm's

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Jacob, eh? Seems we have wolfs among us.... And I like the gunfight idea, sounds pretty cool.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Way to warn me 20 minutes late Worg
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid MMOC has a 60 second timer between PM's .

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Too bad NFT.
    I don't like being called that
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an amazing idea. Mr. Pud'n, get on that.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    I don't like being called that
    INNN EFFF TEEEEEEEEEEEEE

caps

Deleted
    Here's for hoping to get the town drunk. I would heckle the same target over and over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    INNN EFFF TEEEEEEEEEEEEE

caps
    Stop it stop it stop it!!!!

Vote: Nightfury Treann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Stop it stop it stop it!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 11 different roles, 2 of which are the same team. That's 10 PM's so you should've had them all out in 10 minutes. Protip: use tabs to make all of the PM's at once then send them out

Deleted
    Hue.Hue.Hue
    Gangplank and Pear Cider. Hue.
    See ya tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    There are 11 different roles, 2 of which are the same team. That's 10 PM's so you should've had them all out in 10 minutes. Protip: use tabs to make all of the PM's at once then send them out
    Prepared or not. I have to wait in between my 14 individual PM's .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-20 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why 14? You can do BCC to send the same PM to people like VTs that you don't to know each other.

Deleted
    By the way, saying this now so you guys won't call me lurker, tomorrow night (swedish time) between 18 > sunday I'll be out.
    So don't expect me to write then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you embarking on an epic polar bear hunting trip?

Deleted
    Yes, It's a neat 2 hours walk from sweden to antarctica. We need to club some seals aswell to sow new clothing for the upcoming winter.