Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Holy crap.... I play my druid wrong.. All wrong, all years and expansions long...

Until today the main reason why I had so much fun as Resto druid was the opposite of what you just said.
    Because I am in a constant state of casting.
    Efflorescence is gone btw. It's rolled into Swiftmend...
    I have to make sure I have a 100% uptime of Harmony, I ideally make sure I get as many Living Seeds placed on single targets that will get hit next with burst dmg.
    And and and... I claim, no other healer class relies so heavy on prediction than resto druids. No one else needs to know so intensively what happens next.
    Resto is all about HoT's Our single target spells are all slow, and to be efficient we need to maintain Emergency CD's.

What you explained here is rather a scenario where a raid places a few ppl, that are known to usually screw it up anyway, somewhere in a safe spot and put you the druid there to kind of blanket heal them.
    You are correct, that if we blanket the raid with RJ as we used to, we are running OOM faster than we can spell it.

And on fights that are heavily spread out all over the place, we are screwed. Because we either go OOM from RJ"s now, or we stand around as worthless as it gets.
    I tend to tank, and melee heal for those phases, to have some value. Raid heals on spread out ranged, might as well use bandages.
    efflorescence + swiftmend.. same thing cmon -.-

harmony is not something u have to keep track of, as its always up due to the buff in durations, as your always goin to be casting a swiftmend or a regrowth proc. ive never had it run out and i never focus on keepin it up like i did in cata.

living seed procs off a crit? hows that something u can control? other than using a regrowth on the person pre-dmg inc, but thats a bigger waste of mana than rejuv blanket.

I never said druids are bad, i still top the meters on my druid or monk, but if theres any kinda fight where ur raids gonan be stacked up for AOE healing (basically every fight) a monk / shaman is going to destroy a druid. But saying that, even spread out a monk is still as powerful, if not even better, i can blanket the whole raid with renewing mist which is almost as good as a rejuv, then i can use uplift which heals for 30-60k. i also have stuff like chi blast/wave/that other explosion thing for stack (forgot the name).

Your 100% correct that a druid is all about predicting damage and bein prepared, as like i said, druids are largely based around their cds. If you are aware of big dmg inc in say 20secs, u can pop tree form and lifebloom everyone, with the treeform wildgrowths and lots of instant regrowth procs ur healin goes high in that phase. Again same with tranq, get a good tranq right with the raid at 20%, ull fly up the meters again. Do a full fight w/o usin these spells properly and ull be dead last.

I like my druid, i just feel a monk has way more to offer

I pretty much gem intellect and ended H feng with about 40k mana left, and I destroy rdruid healing. Rdruids are good at AoE. Monks are flipping insane at AoE. No other fight has brought my mana low, though. So it works for me.

And seeing as I hear other healers yelling oom when I'm around 40% mana, I guess monk mana regen is pretty dang solid when played correctly.

Well, the answer isn't "priest" anyway.

I find all the healers can maintain good HPS without ooming, but when the shit hits the fan they all oom quick. Which is why I prefer classes with a strong mana CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post

I think it all depends on how u play the class, but ive noticed no difference in the mana on both characters, maybe teh druid is slightly better but thats mainly cause u dont do anything...........
    if thats what u think then you aint doin it right

General consensus seems to be Resto Druid. I play Mistweaver in 10 man and I have mana problems out the ass since I actually have to use Surging Mist (our flash heal) there.

As a holy/disc priest im always the first person in the raid to oom in 10 man. Normally top of healing though.

I'm not sure about who uses the least, but priests certainly use the most. Losing 30% spirit benefit for holy and the big mana returns for disc really hit home.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm not sure about who uses the least, but priests certainly use the most. Losing 30% spirit benefit for holy and the big mana returns for disc really hit home.
    I don't play holy, but disc is pretty close to working right. Pretty close.

The one thing I don't want is to see Rapture become important again. Pretty much anything but Rapture.

They could put a mana gain back on AA and I'm sure no one would complain (well, except people who don't like atonement as disc, but you guys are fighting a losing battle). Or something goofy like reinstating Spirit Tap as a mana gain of some kind.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2012-10-22 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A monk can keep up with other healers and spend very little mana, however if things start to go wrong and we need to lift it up when we end up chewing through our mana fairly quickly.
    Our monk tells me "I don't run on mana, I run on chi. Don't worry when you see me going low on mana unless I ask for a mana-CD." We all burn through our mana when things go haywire, like last night when our tank failed and died and had to be rezzed and the other one took 5 stacks of Feng's debuffs. That was horrible. We managed just barely.

Our druid tells me that he reforges out of spirit now because he doesn't feel that a bit more regen is worth weakening his HoTs. He's not going oom any earlier than the rest of us.

Our paladin seems to have a bit of an issue with mana. However, he just announces his low mana a tad earlier than the rest of us. So it's not looking any worse for him than it does for the rest.

I - resto shaman - get mana problems when I'm healing stuff that I'm not ideal for. I can manage my mana fairly easily when I'm supporting tank heal and primarily healing the raid. I get ridiculously oom when I'm main tank healer.

So we adjust healing assignments accordingly and have everyone do what allows them to spend their mana most efficiently. That way, we saw that we could put out way more effective healing with much less mana management problems. We're still oom at the end of an encounter though. But... hey, that's how it should be, right?

Paladins can probably OOM themselves the fastest (but regen is decent if you know how to manage), Priests have the shittiest regen, Monks have the best longevity, Druid and Shaman are right in the middle.

depends how much chi i spend. 4 chi = 12000 mana stored

Deleted
    as mistweaver i think we dont have any mana problems in aoe fights.

only have one healer at 90 atm but it's my resto druid and my mana is pretty much endless. I haven't gotten into raiding yet sadly and my ilvl is only 360 atm (with a few pvp pieces as well), but still my mana doesn't run out normally. I think the healing mushrooms are a new skill rdruids have to learn now, they're pretty amazing and probably the best mana/aoe-healing-done in the game atm. I try to use them on cd with wild growth, swiftmend, and nourish as fillers.