Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

vodka being incredibly lame

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893720746

Another example, however, is a very clear set, black and white exploit of the game with a large amount of individual player harassment. Yesterday, some 509 Heroic gear was on the Black Market Auction House. I bid on it, and as the timer was running down, [removed] picked up and started bidding on it as well. All in all, a friendly bidding war isn't anything unusual, it's business as usual. However after the auction turned to short, I encountered over 20 to 30 of their guild members at the black market auction house crowding the vendor to attempt to prevent me from interacting with it. I knew they were trying to prevent me from interacting with it because in addition to crowding it, I was receiving dozens of trade requests per minute every time I was outbid. If you're not familiar, the trade window closes the auction house window. I was forced to disable trades in order to outbid them. They also were spamming a lot of particle effects as if to cause me to lag (good luck with that...) I was also subjected to a lot of not so friendly chatter but I just ignored them for that, not really an issue.
    I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't done something about this, because tolerance for this kind of behavior makes WoW suck.

Sounds fine to me, stop stealing their BMAH items.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so whats the problem?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do the same
    - be3f

Deleted
    I don't see the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The responses here...wow. You people make me ashamed to play the same game as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion of Righteousness View Post
    I don't see the problem.
    Ignorance is blind.

It's pretty despicable of them but I don't think it's an exploit.
    Accuse them of harassment and I'd definitely agree with you, if you haven't ticketed Blizzard about things they said to you then please do so, they should have logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ the responses here, how pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the worlds best guilds > Some random crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The responses here...wow. You people make me ashamed to play the same game as you.
    Pretty much. I don't know if it's the internet made people acting like that is okay 'cool', or it's just the state of the culture, but whatever it is, it's boorish and obnoxious behavior by that guild that can't be defended without having "raised by wolves" checked off on one's optional demographic information page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razeal View Post
    Ignorance is blind.
    Ignorance is bliss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so whats the problem?
    Game interference, and it is actionable.

The AH is a public venue where players can buy items as they wish. If anyone tries to interfere in their persuit to buy items, especially as a group to harass a player to stop bidding, you bet it's game interference.

That people have to even define what game interference is..."Houston, we have a problem...".
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

He/she would have more use of them, considering OP hasn't even bothered to fully gem and enchant his current gear, I'd say they would be utilizing them to their maximum.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a "Black Market" after all, which pretty much means an all bets are off AH.

Pretty lolzy Imo.

Reminds me of a bit in Family Guy when Tom Tucker was trying to get Peter to screw up the news broadcast.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

The AH is a public venue where players can buy items as they wish. If anyone tries to interfere in their persuit to buy items, especially as a group to harass a player to stop bidding, you bet it's game interference.

That people have to even define what game interference is..."Houston, we have a problem...".
    Its Black Market AH. Not a Regular AH.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    ".
    Spamming abilities is not against the rules
    Opening trade routes isnt against the rules
    Even standing on NPCs isnt against the rules
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Wow. Having read that thread and checking out the video transcript, that's pretty awful. I seriously hope everyone involved with that gets some serious comeuppance from Blizzard. It's just the epitome of elitist jerkish behaviour in WoW, going to the extreme of actively trying to spoil someone else's experience in any way possible because you think your own in-game goals are more important than theirs.

Massive bunch of jerks.

You can always bind a interact key and block trades from interface options.
    There aint really any way to stop a person from bidding. Not sure what /duel does for AH window and is dueling allowed there, that would be the only problem.