Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When it comes to programs like Mr. Robot, is there a way just too look for upgrades but not necessarily BIS upgrades? I already know that if I go to the best raid in heroic mode I will find the best gear. Generally speaking I am more interested in finding optimal gear that is short of heroic final raid gear.

The point I could not find a function like that on the Mr. Robot site, but I also thought I might just be missing it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    People actually use Mr Robot? LOL
    I use it, to make gearlists for my characters going into heroics or raids so I know what to look for.
    I use it to assist with reforging to make sure I get enough of each stat.
    The enchants and gems it suggests are fine too.
    I do generally cross reference everything with guides here on the MMO-Champion Forums and Elitist Jerks and occasionally MaxDPS and it's very rarely different from the information in these places.

So yeh, whats wrong with Mr Robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Then roll a pure damage-dealing class? I can understand if it is impractical in PVE to heal a lot but PVP has plenty of other pure damage-dealers. I am betting Blizzard will change how hybrid healing works but still, they're not going to make huge changes in an expansion where they're trying to re-assert the key aspects of being a hybrid.

And that is where you are absolutely wrong. PvP has not a SINGLE pure damage-dealer anymore. All classes are hybrids these days cause all got healing abilities on top of their damage-dealing abilities.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2012-10-20 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Yay, let's nerf all hybrid classes so we have about the same healing utility in raids/instances and survivability when questing/soloing etc. as pure dps classes have because of whining pvp kiddies...just another day in the office really. We can't even spam heals in pvp that much anyway as they cost so much base mana, and to get any kind of remotely effective hps we have to reach and hit ppl a few times then sacrifice damage in the form of LB's...so I don't see an issue with enh at least.

Maybe shadow is more powerful at pvp off-healing I dunno (since I don't have one), but blizz's response suggests that they'll nerf everyone...if they really want to fix pvp why don't they just make the spells behave differently in bg's/arenas, like cc and long CD spells (hero etc.) already do?
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-10-20 at 12:26 PM.

DAT lore...
    Want.

Deleted
    I don't know if anyone else is pissed off but I am. Blizzard just made one of their usual screw ups... probably a first for this expansion. For those of us that levelled 1-600 archaeology in the days after MoP's release? this is a kick in the face.. I sat at those areas gathering artefacts, upon artefacts and now some idiot can run in and do it in half the time. 1-600 arch took me my full saturday and full sunday two weeks ago, it was very arduous to do, if they decide to nerf fishing a little more now after me grinding full out for these fish I'll quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haushan View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is pissed off but I am. Blizzard just made one of their usual screw ups... probably a first for this expansion. For those of us that levelled 1-600 archaeology in the days after MoP's release? this is a kick in the face.. I sat at those areas gathering artefacts, upon artefacts and now some idiot can run in and do it in half the time. 1-600 arch took me my full saturday and full sunday two weeks ago, it was very arduous to do, if they decide to nerf fishing a little more now after me grinding full out for these fish I'll quit.
    It's always been like that. I remember that getting honored with the furbolgs needed about 3 months of very heavy grinding back in classic and BC...today it's about 3h or so. In archeology and fishing they increased the speed a couple of times already compared to the first months of those professions.
    If you want to have the max gains for your time then just never ever do anything in the first months of its release(it all gets nerfed after a while...unless you are lucky and discover a bug early on).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    It's always been like that. I remember that getting honored with the furbolgs needed about 3 months of very heavy grinding back in classic and BC...today it's about 3h or so. In archeology and fishing they increased the speed a couple of times already compared to the first months of those professions.
    If you want to have the max gains for your time then just never ever do anything in the first months of its release(it all gets nerfed after a while...unless you are lucky and discover a bug early on).
    Like the pet battle bug where only one pet would battle you instead of three in the valley of four winds, which broke the game, I'm considering quitting, what you said ALSO happened to me in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want things first you have to work a lot harder than everyone else, thats how its always been. Does seem strange they did it so close to expac release, but they have the numbers, i guess they realise not many people have been arsed to level archaeology.

I Got a keystne tday frm nigt elfs, and no.... MR ROBOT tells me as a WW Monk that i should ignore expertise and change all my agi gems to haste.... really?

Warriors didnt even get touched.
    Patch 1.5:
    Mages
    Mage Armor - Now has a new, unique icon.
    >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    And that is where you are absolutely wrong. PvP has not a SINGLE pure damage-dealer anymore. All classes are hybrids these days cause all got healing abilities on top of their damage-dealing abilities.
    No, to be absolutely wrong they'd have to have analogous healing (or tanking) potential to a hybrid, which they don't.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

The Pet guide isn't quite accurate: The Gilnean Raven can be purchased at any pet trainer, as long as you are a Worgen. And The Shore Crawler, as long as you are a Goblin. The pet trainer sells you a pet dependant on your current race.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    So putting the cooldown on Pyroblast is for PVP, to minimize Fire Mage burst on players. They change Combustion to only use Ignite, but make it more powerful so it is rougly the same as when using Ignite and the Pyroblast DoT.

Then today, they speak of the Pyroblast change as a necessity to accomodate for the change to Combustion. Err, then why change it in the first place? Putting a cooldown on Pyroblast might be a good solution for PVP, but it will ruin PVE. Fire is based around getting as many Pyroblast procs as possible, back to back is desired. Preventing that does not make any sense at all. If Pyroblast is doing too much burst in PVP, you lower its damage output.
    They are talking about getting 3 pyroblasts in a row in a deep freeze in PVP. The only way you can possibly pull that off at all is in a duel against someone who doesn't know what they are doing, or they lack a trinket. Even if you do somehow pull it off, 1 instant heal, and a dispel, all that hardwork lining up was for nothing.

Any healer will tell you that you that it's near impossible to pull off that kind of burst as fire in arenas. So once again, people cry about mages in duels, they get nerfed.

This is a big nerf to both PVP and PVE. Fire wasn't even semi-viable in PVP, now its completely ruined. PVE wise, its gonna hurt the flow of the already horrible rotation with the 90 talents.

Blizzard's way of FORCING players to play frost, because it was so overlooked over the years PVE wise at least.
    Last edited by Renderman; 2012-10-20 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderman View Post
    They are talking about getting 3 pyroblasts in a row in a deep freeze in PVP. The only way you can possibly pull that off at all is in a duel against someone who doesn't know what they are doing, or they lack a trinket.

Any healer will tell you that you that it's near impossible to pull off that kind of burst as fire in arenas. So once again, people cry about mages in duels, they get nerfed.

This is a big nerf to both PVP and PVE. Fire wasn't even semi-viable in PVP, now its completely ruined. PVE wise, its gonna hurt the flow of the already horrible rotation with the 90 talents.

Blizzard's way of FORCING players to play frost, because it was so overlooked over the years PVE wise at least.
    Agree with this. Fire is the main PVP alternative to frost, a much stronger spec, even now. They are just making the spec more sclerotic and dull. They should completely ignore whingy duellers, they have never been a PVP consideration and this should remain so, and the same goes for every other area they don't set as a balance goal.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray for the Archaeology change!

Tedium =/= fun and/or skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderman View Post
    They are talking about getting 3 pyroblasts in a row in a deep freeze in PVP. The only way you can possibly pull that off at all is in a duel against someone who doesn't know what they are doing, or they lack a trinket. Even if you do somehow pull it off, 1 instant heal, and a dispel, all that hardwork lining up was for nothing.
    So I guess you're just letting the healer free cast while all this is happening? Do you have a team or are you 1v3ing in this little scenario?

At any rate I'm glad Blizzard is doing this. Getting a bunch of lucky procs and destroying somebody doesn't take any skill...and it doesn't matter if it happens once in a blue moon or not. I wish other proc abilities would follow suit and get their own cooldowns. Sadly I have a feeling that the mage community is going to QQ so hard that this change will be softened or completely reversed by time we see 5.1.

Unknown and Avartu
    The existence of your kind has not escaped our notice, $c.
    Choose wisely, $n.
    'Unknown' is the player, $c is the string for the player's class, and $n for the player's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Hooray for the Archaeology change!

Tedium =/= fun and/or skill.
    So what's their excuse for the dailies?