Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    archeology change is actually really bad imo.. i personally enjoyed having to make x amount of artifacts to max out my arch. It gave me reason to get them, and be able to read the lil bits of lore i otherwise wouldn't know.. now when its time to level arch again ill make like maybe 5 pieces? before i max out.. Then sure if im really interested i'll keep digging more up, but the overall prize of lvling arch at the same time is pretty lost.

Deleted
    I wonder.. about the acheology, did he make a mistake on posting it? Looking at the pic it is low lvl, from what i remember.. up untill something like 150 or 200 or something skill u get skill ups from diging or am i wrong? does this also work in pandaria with higher skills?

No, this is most likely a fix to make 500 - 525 archeology possible - it was previously bugged as you couldn't get skillups from Cata solves (not even rare ones), and couldn't start pandas either. Only way to do it was the darkmoon faire, 5 skill ups per month. (i think it was also possible to do about 200 solves to get it done too, but the skillup rate was horrendous)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    So I guess you're just letting the healer free cast while all this is happening? Do you have a team or are you 1v3ing in this little scenario?

At any rate I'm glad Blizzard is doing this. Getting a bunch of lucky procs and destroying somebody doesn't take any skill...and it doesn't matter if it happens once in a blue moon or not. I wish other proc abilities would follow suit and get their own cooldowns. Sadly I have a feeling that the mage community is going to QQ so hard that this change will be softened or completely reversed by time we see 5.1.
    Using abilities at cooldown doesn't take any skill...

Getting crits in general doesn't take any skill...

Using stuns doesn't take any skill...

Etc. ad infinitum.

It's a lame change and there are better ways to accommodate it IF it is a problem.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    I wonder.. about the acheology, did he make a mistake on posting it? Looking at the pic it is low lvl, from what i remember.. up untill something like 150 or 200 or something skill u get skill ups from diging or am i wrong? does this also work in pandaria with higher skills?

I skilled archeology yesterday and I got skill ups for every dig until 600. It was even possible to skip Outland, Northrend and Cataclysm zones completely. Just did Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms until 525 then moved on in Pandaria. Until 525 I got 5 skill points for every restored artifact, and 15 point for every rare one. Beyond 525 I got 3 points for every artifact.
    Managed to skill up from 1 to 600 in about 4 hours.

Yesterday I went from 33 to 600 archaeology in a few hours. I did the same and never even left eastern kingdoms until 525. Never did Outland, Northrend, or any Cataclysm zones. Got a skill up every single dig, plus those for every solve.