Even though I do not roleplay in Warcraft, I find this question interesting enough to ask on other forums.
We all know great stories and books like Game of Thrones etc. where the deaths of characters create very interesting social shifts. Yet I find that in many RP genres many people are unable to accept the death of their characters.
1. Why do you think this is?
2. Are people too emotionally attached or invested into their RP characters?
3. Do you think that the refusal to accept death causes stagnation or storylines to turn stale?
4. Up to what level do you accept "bad" things happening to your character?
5. Is it important for you to be able to reverse or undo the bad things that might've happened to your character?