Deleted

Need advice on what part to upgrade

So basicly I'll have some spare cash within the next couple of months and I want to get a bit more kick out of my current rig, upgrading in stages is the only option available to me at the moment so buying more than 1 part is out of the question for financial reasons.

Here is my specs:
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
    CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Black Edition
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
    RAM: 8GB

Basicly I want to know what kind of upgrade will offer the most noticeable performance boost for gaming, I play all sorts of games and would generally just like to know what the best possible upgrade available to me is, within the price range of £250 Max.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice for me

10+ Year Old Account
    What PSU do you have?

Edit:

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (£269.75 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £269.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    What PSU do you have?
    I can't be sure atm since im posting from laptop, I will add it to my main post later when I get back from work, but If I remember correctly its 750W, lets just assume it is for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-10-20 at 08:19 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    So you think my GPU is the one to upgrade over the CPU? I've heard bad things about my CPU and not sure how much of it is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your CPU is fine, it's not the best but it's fine.

Your GPU is your weakest point, it's basically a HTPC/very light gaming card.

Armory

Deleted
    Your CPU is fine, it's not the best but it's fine.

Your GPU is your weakest point, it's basically a HTPC/very light gaming card.
    It is as i suspected then, thankyou for clarifying thats all I needed, I was actually looking at the radeon card you suggested before, I will shop around a bit but I think I will be settling for one of those. Thanks for your help my friend ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright man, cheers =)

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for stopping by before buying something hardware related.

Armory