Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Good beginner pet team?

As the title, how should a pet team look for PvP? I'm currently using Beetle(level 9), Pterrordax Hatchling(level 8) and Magical Crawdad(level 6), but I lose all my fights.

Edit: so my team: Critter, Flying & Aquatic.

How does your team look?
    Last edited by mmocc0c8b4ab50; 2012-10-20 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Skeleton Dino from Arch.
    Blue Warbot
    Bubbles the fish from TCG.

I only lose when I get stuck against an enemy a ton of levels higher than mine.
    My teams fairly balanced in taking on most things, with stick bomb, and shielding, and heals.
    2 of my team have double lives, so it's good to get them to waste CDs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    The Skeleton Dino from Arch.
    Blue Warbot
    Bubbles the fish from TCG.

I only lose when I get stuck against an enemy a ton of levels higher than mine.
    My teams fairly balanced in taking on most things, with stick bomb, and shielding, and heals.
    2 of my team have double lives, so it's good to get them to waste CDs.
    Is there any other pets like the fish from TCG?

Use Rare (blue) pets that you already have in your pet inventory. (e.g. the archaeology dino, the penguin pet, the corehound pup, onyxia whelpling, whatever)

Try to pick a good assortment in terms of what type they are. Don't choose all the same time obviously, you won't be well-rounded.

I dont understand why this concept is even fun in the game. I havnt played MoP yet but is it really a good feature in the game? I know this is off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima1221 View Post
    I dont understand why this concept is even fun in the game. I havnt played MoP yet but is it really a good feature in the game? I know this is off topic.
    Its a lot of fun, but then again I played lots of pokemon when I was young. Everybody's different. shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Traumatic View Post
    Its a lot of fun, but then again I played lots of pokemon when I was young. Everybody's different. shrug.
    Well I enjoyed pokemon when I was young to, but I mean is the concept really that intellectual that you would rather go on WoW and play a pokemon-style gameplay rather than just run an EMU of Pokemon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any Blizzard store pets, like Lil' XT, Ragnaros, Kel'Thuzad etc.? They're all pretty strong. I blitzed to 25 and trashed all of the trainers with ease using Raggy, XT and Shimmering Wyrming from the Argent Tournament.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well I enjoyed pokemon when I was young to, but I mean is the concept really that intellectual that you would rather go on WoW and play a pokemon-style gameplay rather than just run an EMU of Pokemon?
    ... Intellectual? Good god man, it's a game, not a book on theoritical science.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    It's a mini game to enjoy alongside WoW for when your a little bored or wanna kill time. It's like saying why PvP when you can just play a more balanced competitive PvP game

I never said it was intellectual, I just think its a fun thing to do on the side when you're not questing or running dungeons. Give it a try if you're curious.

Deleted
    I don't do pet battles much, but yesterday when I went for all halloween candy buckets, I fought some companions around the world (those who were in my pet level), and I enjoy collecting new ones. I don't find it really fun to actually fight, but it's something to do while you're slacking in Orgrimmar, since there's a "Find Pet Battle" feature, like Dungeon Finder, you meet someone on another realm and fight. I can imagine it's more fun when you have 3 level 25 pets, then you have 6 abilities (18 total) and have to know what to do against your opponent.

Edit: asked my guild and it seems like you still only use 3 abilities at level 25, which actually sounds better, since then you'll have to pick your abilities and build a unique team.

I print screened so you can see what it looks like (which you probably already have):
    http://i.imgur.com/Rf7VJ.png
    Last edited by mmocc0c8b4ab50; 2012-10-20 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you are off topic

I have to say, the pet battle feature is a dangerous thing. It can suck you all in. It's super addictive lol
    My guild is a rather hardcore progression guild, and several of our raiders have neglected their dailies for doing nothing but pet collecting, pet battles, and pet leveling etc. in between the raids.

Plus, it turned out to become an extremely profitable new market. Plenty of your pets are trade-able. Leveled pets go for insane amounts of gold already.
    I've seen as much as 50k gold for a level 24 pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I don't think you are off topic

I have to say, the pet battle feature is a dangerous thing. It can suck you all in. It's super addictive lol
    My guild is a rather hardcore progression guild, and several of our raiders have neglected their dailies for doing nothing but pet collecting, pet battles, and pet leveling etc. in between the raids.

Plus, it turned out to become an extremely profitable new market. Plenty of your pets are trade-able. Leveled pets go for insane amounts of gold already.
    I've seen as much as 50k gold for a level 24 pet.
    Truth on the dangerous time suck thing. The expansion's been out for a month and I still don't have a level 90 (89 is my highest). Partially to blame is the fact I lost a whole week to Pet battling. The other thing to blame is working full time and grad school, but I'd definitely be 90 already if not for pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Traumatic View Post
    Truth on the dangerous time suck thing. The expansion's been out for a month and I still don't have a level 90 (89 is my highest). Partially to blame is the fact I lost a whole week to Pet battling. The other thing to blame is working full time and grad school, but I'd definitely be 90 already if not for pet battles.
    Damn, nice input.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is I had zero intrest in playing the WoW Pokemon but it is actually pretty bloody good.. If you have 10 mins to kill like waiting for bg q or waiting for a raid to start it is good to just burn some time..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    As the title, how should a pet team look for PvP? I'm currently using Beetle(level 9), Pterrordax Hatchling(level 8) and Magical Crawdad(level 6), but I lose all my fights.

Edit: so my team: Critter, Flying & Aquatic.

How does your team look?
    Starter team....
    Clockwork Bot. Mechanical is just awesome. they break through borrows and other dodge/immunity effects. And they rez once, when they died.
    Plus they have an extreme powerful self repair (heal). And particular at the start you likely face tons of beasts and critters. Mechanical has increased dmg against beasts.
    Second pet grab an elemental
    third pet grab a human.

Clockwork Bot - Wolfar Pup - any elemental
    That's an excellent starter combo.

Mr Chilli, because I can't find out how to replace a pet
    Protodrake whelp, I like the DoT he has,
    and creepy crate, to pull back a low hp pet

although their all only level 6, so I haven't got to many expertise
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    The funny thing is I had zero intrest in playing the WoW Pokemon but it is actually pretty bloody good.. If you have 10 mins to kill like waiting for bg q or waiting for a raid to start it is good to just burn some time..
    That's what I did...
    Three hours later I noticed I am still "killing time" rofl.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Mr Chilli, because I can't find out how to replace a pet
    Grab a pet on the left, drag it over the one you want to replace.
    Gotta do it when you are not in battle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Starter team....
    Clockwork Bot. Mechanical is just awesome. they break through borrows and other dodge/immunity effects. And they rez once, when they died.
    Plus they have an extreme powerful self repair (heal). And particular at the start you likely face tons of beasts and critters. Mechanical has increased dmg against beasts.
    Second pet grab an elemental
    third pet grab a human.

Clockwork Bot - Wolfar Pup - any elemental
    That's an excellent starter combo.
    Elementals in my opinion are crappy as beginner pets because they are weak to a lot of the low level pets you find in the first few areas. They are only strong against mechanical, and you don't really find many in the wild except for a few in Stonetalon.