Halloween Costume Help!

Hello!

I'm making a Deadpool costume for Halloween, all custom and stuff (so not gonna be terrific ).

I was hoping someone or a few people to give me some insight and tips on a few things!

For the mask: I am going to cut out where the black should be and instead paint my face black, along with wearing full white eye contacts. HOWEVER, I've never worn contacts before, so I'm curious as to how it will effect my vision. Should I wear them before to an extent before Halloween?

Swords: They're lame little plastic ones, so I was wondering if there was a way to "Bulk" them up. Like when I wave them, it won't bend as much XD

If I think of anymore, I'll ask in the thread, but those are my main concerns as of now!

Thanks in advance

If you've never worn contacts before, I do suggest you try them out a few times before you decide to stick with them. Practice putting them in, and taking them out, then wear them around for a few hours. Might want to keep some eye drops with you, too. If they're purely cosmetic, it shouldn't effect your vision at all.

Swords: They're lame little plastic ones, so I was wondering if there was a way to "Bulk" them up. Like when I wave them, it won't bend as much XD
    Cut some expanded polystyrene to shape and spray-paint with metallic silver/steel grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    If you've never worn contacts before, I do suggest you try them out a few times before you decide to stick with them. Practice putting them in, and taking them out, then wear them around for a few hours. Might want to keep some eye drops with you, too. If they're purely cosmetic, it shouldn't effect your vision at all.
    Actually, they will affect your vision (I assume that, because they are white, they are the sort of crazy lenses you get from a costume shop that cost 15$ or something, not the kinds of good tinted lenses you need to buy from an optician for 40$) . Sometimes the contacts move a bit slower than your eye and might blur your vision, hence you are not allowed to drive with such contacts on (at least where I live).
    Last edited by Cephilia; 2012-10-21 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks for the input

Going to get the lenses today, so I'll find out. I didn't plan on driving with the contacts in anywho, so that shouldn't be a problem...Hopefully they work out well