Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    I took some time off to play some other games, and just came back today.
    It's a weekend, my whole guild is gone, and the server is basically dead now.
    What happened? What did I miss?

I feel like SWTOR dropping to 7 servers, or Tera dropping to 3 all of a sudden.... did the game just fail?
    If you ask the fanbois they are going to say that nobody left and all is fine but if you ask the rest of us we are going to tell you that with no end game and no progression people got bored and left. No endgame PvE and only zerge PVP is not going to cut it.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-10-21 at 01:48 PM.

My theory? People that got bored left the game and the other people migrated to higher population servers because playings MMOs by yourself is really dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    If you ask the fanbois they are going to say that nobody left and all is fine but if you ask the rest of us we are going to tell you that with no end game and no progression people got bored and left. No endgame PvE and only zerge PVP is not going to cut it.
    Fanbois or not, just looking at the server list right now shows there's plenty of activity. Out of the 50+ servers, the vast majority are High or Full, with only 6 at Medium.

Considering what time the OP posted this thread, most people were probably asleep or out for the night, so not exactly the best time to judge server activity.

I play on Seafarer's Rest, crowded enough

10+ Year Old Account
    JQ is packed 24/7 as usual.

It's 8am on the US west coast. Every single server is HIGH or FULL.

Seriously, now.

There is no such thing as a "dead server" in Guild Wars 2 currently. Only 3 EU servers are on MEDIUM at the time of this post.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-21 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    I took some time off to play some other games, and just came back today.
    It's a weekend, my whole guild is gone, and the server is basically dead now.
    What happened? What did I miss?

I feel like SWTOR dropping to 7 servers, or Tera dropping to 3 all of a sudden.... did the game just fail?
    Must just be you, I log on, way point to pretty much any zone and I have a hard time finding anywhere that doesn't have people... sure its not as zerg clustered as when it first came out but that's to be expected for a few reasons mainly a mix between not everyone is the same level going for the fastest path to 80 anymore, the people who where zerging to hit 80 fastest can now play in what zones they prefer rather then with the pack and secondly people play a lot more hours into a new game where they are learning and exploring everything for a first time then they do a game they have played for a while.

Servers are constantly High/Full population, just people are more spread and are not playing as much as when it came out, for example when it came out I played every night the first few weeks and now though I still enjoy it as much now as back then I only play about once a week because well I work 70 hours a week so need more sleep then I was getting plus I have several other games I am playing as well... oh my what a concept a gamer playing more then one game at a time.

Anyways I have not noticed anything like what you are execpt for maybe really odd hours of the night where most normal people on a US server would be asleep. As for guild being gone there are a few things that could cause this A) UI bugs that have not been fixed B) They are representing another one of their guilds, C) They loged in under offline mode to not be bugged by people, D) They are playing other games as well and are not playing when you are, and E) They got bored and quit... yes its very much a viable option and likely but its equally as likely of all the other listed options. Heck I have not had much time to play GW2 this past few weeks despite have taken my vacation time because when not doing stuff with friends and family Xcom has eatten up all my time because its a really fun buggy PoS game that is very enjoyable despite all the bugs and is a newer game that I have not completed at least once yet.

Do I enjoy GW2 less because of Xcom? No, I just have been playing Xcom more because its newer, once I beat it once I will play both GW2 and Xcom and a few other of my games pretty equally which means dabbling in each game a few hours a week rather then many hours into one game a week. Point is new games always get more attention then older games and log in population will swing a lot more in GW2 then a sub based MMO from new game releases because its made to where you don't feel like if you play play for a few weeks your screwed being able to play the toughest content until the next expansion, you can take long breaks come back and be fine since the gear is not tiered.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    The screenshots posted say otherwise

Deleted
    Guessing people reached the conclusion a lot more people reached months ago ?!

I'm on Gate of Madness and it's by no means "dead". My guild had like 25 people on last night, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Guessing people reached the conclusion a lot more people reached months ago ?!
    which is?

fillll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    which is?

fillll
    I can't say. Criticizing GW2 is considered trolling here.

SWTOR is fair game though.

Deleted
    My Server is pretty filled :S

Even in the early morning hours i see a bunch of people looking for dungeon runs :O

Not to mention that the first Major Patch is almost here ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I'm on Gate of Madness and it's by no means "dead". My guild had like 25 people on last night, too.
    Ya I am on GoM also and it is never a dull night.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Deleted

that gw2 is dead, is that it?

10+ Year Old Account

The evidence speaks against those saying it's empty though. There's no criticism, it's just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    The game is basically complete once you have the best looking set for your char.

I got the best looking set in like 2-3 weeks after release, quit, and never felt the urge to log on again. :/ Same applies to all guildies.
    Pretty much this in my experience.

As predicted, only a small handful of my guildies remain playing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably doing what you did, taking some time off to play other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    my ex guild remains with like 200+ ppl, far from being dead.

Okay. Gonna close this for a couple of reasons;

1. Trolling and stupid bickering is already present
    2. The entire premise is at best, anecdotal. At worst, false.

Once again; there are currently no "dead" or lightly populated servers in Guild Wars 2 as of 10:54pm PST on the 21st of October in the year 2012.

-Fencers