10+ Year Old Account

pandaren lifespan and notable monk

what is the lifespan of pandaren ? and if you also could tell me the lifespans of other races i would be grateful.

is there any notable monk preferably pandaren that i could read about on wowwiki ? like for example a notable paladin is tirion fordring, uther lightbringer; shaman - thrall etc.

Chen Stormstout is probably the most notable monk you can get, since he's the one who was in Warcraft 3 and is in the MoP cinematic.

As far as the lifespan goes, I always figured it was similar to a Night Elf's current one, now that they're mortal. I dunno though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chen Stormstout for a notable monk, their lifespam I'm a little unsure of myself, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought chen was a brewmaster as he was in wc3. i didnt realize that was him in the cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i thought chen was a brewmaster as he was in wc3. i didnt realize that was him in the cinematic.
    Brewmasters are monks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    I hope you are unaware what the monk tankingspec is called and that they have dazzling Haze, Firebreath and dodge/crit like Stormstout had in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    wc3 brewmaster didnt look anything like a monk, he was more like a drunkard than a stoic fighter, kicking and punching. imo brewmaster spec in wow feels like forced into the monk class.

anyway is chen the only notable monk ?

I remember reading somewhere that the Pandaren have a lifespan similiar to that of humans.
    Liu-Lang or whatever, the Pandaren turtle explorer, was 112(?) when he died.
    BIG CHUNKUS

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren Lifespans:
    Adult: 80
    Middle Age: 175
    Old: 263
    Venerable: 350

For notable Pandaren though we don't have much since they are so new but;

Chen Stormstout obviously. Taran Zhu is the leader of the Shado-pan. Liu Lang, as mentioned above, was their most famous adventurer. Then there are the two representatives for the Horde and Alliance, Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger. Emperor Shaohao, who was the last emperor of Panderia and saved Pandaria from the sundering of the world. Then there is Lorewalker Cho, who is basically the Brann Bronzebeard of the Pandaren (imo). Last but not least I would mention the three Brewfathers, Quan Tou Kuo the Two Fisted, Ren Yun the Blind, and Xin Wu Yin the Broken Hearted. Not much known about them but considering the importance of brewing to the Panderan and the fact that they were deemed important enough for monuments I would count them as notable.

Deleted
    100 years old on average is the most logical assessment, due to the fact their culture is based upon living your life to the fullest. If they where an ancient race with a lifespan of lets say 500 years, they would not worship life nor its pleasures and only seek to gain knowledge and keep it for preservation just like the Night elfs.

A personal observation is that the pandarians preserve history in form of either scrolls or in the minds of the lorewalkers, while they keep their memories of the ancestors in stone. That is a indication that Pandarian life is short and hard, that's why they want the most pleasure out of life as possible, and hence their brew culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Pandaren Lifespans:
    Adult: 80
    Middle Age: 175
    Old: 263
    Venerable: 350
    That is from the rpg books isn't it? Which means it is non canon.

Right now we have no idea how long Pandaren live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    For notable Pandaren though we don't have much since they are so new but;

Chen Stormstout obviously. Taran Zhu is the leader of the Shado-pan. Liu Lang, as mentioned above, was their most famous adventurer. Then there are the two representatives for the Horde and Alliance, Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger. Emperor Shaohao, who was the last emperor of Panderia and saved Pandaria from the sundering of the world. Then there is Lorewalker Cho, who is basically the Brann Bronzebeard of the Pandaren (imo). Last but not least I would mention the three Brewfathers, Quan Tou Kuo the Two Fisted, Ren Yun the Blind, and Xin Wu Yin the Broken Hearted. Not much known about them but considering the importance of brewing to the Panderan and the fact that they were deemed important enough for monuments I would count them as notable.
    I would add the Shado Pan to that list, lorewise they are all exceptional monks.

Don't use wowwiki! It's outdated and cruddy!

Wowpedia.org is the better of the two by a fairly large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

And that doesn't really matter, since it's better to have a number than no number at all. The ability to use the lifespans page on wowpedia (which is from the RPG books) allows Warcraft roleplayers to have some uniformity, so we don't see a lifespan discrepancy of 100-500 years between players. Sure it's not canon, but there is literally no other information on the subject, so we're better off using it, knowing it isn't canon, that risk everyone doing their own thing. That causes chaos and doesn't do anything but cause confusion and, to a more extreme extent, flamewars over who is right, when nobody is.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically exactly what Madgod said. It's not canon but it is accepted information in lack of any other.

I would add the Shado Pan to that list, lorewise they are all exceptional monks.
    I believe he was asking for notable monks. Which refers to the big characters, which is why I only listed their leader Taran Zhu.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pandaren lifespan is around 400 years I believe, they reach adulthood around 100. I'm not 100% sure but..99% sure. So that's pretty good. I think I read that from an Rpg book so it might not be Canon but it's better than nothing, also read that off Wowpedia.org and wowwiki.com.

Notable monks? Taran Zhu (Shado Pan) and Chen Stormstout (Stormstout Brewmaster Family) Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger since..you know, they're the first monks you meet up with and take you to your faction (horde or alliance)
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    so what about that liu lang pandaren explorer who died at the age of 112 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of Wowpedia is just copied from Wowwiki, most of its people literally moved from one to the other. Most of the information is almost identical.

Even if stuff is posted via the RPG, and considered "non-canon"... I'd consider "non-canon" more reliable than "no information at all"

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...18843084238849

Pandaren lifespan is roughly human.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    90% of Wowpedia is just copied from Wowwiki, most of its people literally moved from one to the other. Most of the information is almost identical.

Even if stuff is posted via the RPG, and considered "non-canon"... I'd consider "non-canon" more reliable than "no information at all"
    There actually are parts that are more up-to-date and better fleshed out. Plus, less ads and I think wowwiki gave me a virus when I accidentally went there, once.

I`d toss in Kang the First Fist of Dawn as a very notable monk as well, as he was the one who started the panderan rebellion, and was the first of the monks.