Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For the record, you can't spam pyroblast, you should only be casting it when it procs, so whoever had that argument you are way off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really follow how something that doesn't decrease DPS by an appreciable degree is "the destruction of a spec". This doesn't even cut down on the skill cap, and it might increase it a touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No. I'm still utterly befuddled at what the problem is, aside from people gaining some small enjoyment from complaining about things. I don't really see how weaving an FB/IB in between Pyroblasts will "destroy the spec".

I suspect someone will flame me very hard for saying so, but I feel that it's been this way since at least Wrath. I find it viscerally satisfying, but I'd sure as shit never claim that it's hard.
    First of all. Really? you wanna weave in a FB/IB between your pyro blasts?.. then you might as well just cast combustion before doing so. and that is exactly what is gonna happen. (force !pyro with ib, spam fireball till you have !pyro+HU) Fireball (crit)->pyro crit->combustion is going to be the best combust we can get, because weaving in scorch/ib/fireball will devalue your ignite, do i really have to explain this to some one playing mage?

so YES this will cut down on the "skill" cap. actually current combust together with lvl 90 talent management is THE only thing i would consider even close to be eligible to be called skill. if this change goes live combust will be a spell we use as soon as it comes off cd without trying to set it up, granted we need !pyro and HU..
    although it is pointless talking skill caps in wow. if you do, you clearly have not played many other Pro games. the skill cap in wow is extremely low generally speaking, and the fact we talk about a cap to skill is clearly evident in that. try playing a game without a cap and you will soon realise that.

any way when i say destruction of the spec, i mean the way it make me feel, its about fun. this is going to make it really clunky, we already have lvl 90 talents to make things clunky. Note as well this is a change they dont need to make at all. Go read my post in the mage 5.1 thread i quoted a guy on us realms listing roughly 10 ways they could nerf pvp without touching pve(not their intention) or pyro(though banning pom+pyro once again) as i remember its around page 9 or find it in my profile..

ill say it again idc about my dps numbers, they can nerf dps all they want. i want to have fun playing numbers aint the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    For the record, you can't spam pyroblast, you should only be casting it when it procs, so whoever had that argument you are way off.
    ofc you can spam it travel time is ~0.7s GCD is 1.5(1.~35-45 depending on haste) !pyro+HU. fireball->!pyro If any of the 2 crits you have another !pyro before GCD. If Both of the first 2 crits+ 2end pyro crit you get a 3rd pyro. ez