Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Synapse Springs or Cd Trinket

while they cant be stackable during Cds what the best to use if blowing all our Burst abilities and i have the both items what the best to macro the trinket or synapse and if one of them im using it during my burst what to do with the other one should i use it with none burst ability ? or time it with ES , or LH ?

why not both?

ES takes a hefty amount from ap of eng hands, it's NOT affected by haste. Use haste outside ES.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    why not both?
    You literally can't, it activates a shared cooldown like when you have two on-use trinkets.

Since Synapse Springs lasts only 10s and our cooldowns last 18-30s, I'd say trinkets are better paired with the longer cooldowns, and then Synapse Springs whenever, although preferably with ES/LH if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    You literally can't, it activates a shared cooldown like when you have two on-use trinkets.

Since Synapse Springs lasts only 10s and our cooldowns last 18-30s, I'd say trinkets are better paired with the longer cooldowns, and then Synapse Springs whenever, although preferably with ES/LH if you can.
    Synapse springs are not a trinket, it's an engineering tinker. You can macro them together with an on use trinket just fine.

So to answer OP (or enlighten, in this case), you can make a macro to pop Holy Avenger or Avenging Wrath, synapse springs, and your own use trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Synapse springs are not a trinket, it's an engineering tinker. You can macro them together with an on use trinket just fine.

So to answer OP (or enlighten, in this case), you can make a macro to pop Holy Avenger or Avenging Wrath, synapse springs, and your own use trinket.
    Wrong. You can't activate an on-use trinket within 10 seconds(the duration of SS) of popping Synapse Springs. At least not primary stat/spellpower/attackpower on-use trinkets. Not sure if you can use secondary stat on-uses at the same time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Not sure if you can use secondary stat on-uses at the same time.
    You couldn't with Shard of Woe, guessing it's still the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Are any of you who say it doesn't share a CD even have Engineering? Any on use trinket regardless of proc is going to put springs on I believe a 30 sec CD.

i cant activate them both , even its engineer Tinker , i thought i can time it with a burst ability ex: ( AW + GOAK ) while using another ability EX: ( HA + ES ) but because popping all abilities together there is the tinker OR the trinket left behind , now saving it for another minutes while waiting ES to be off cooldown seems like a loss of DPS , should i use the tinker with my none burst abilties like Inqu > tinker > Exco > cs > jdg > TV ?

well fuck. When did they change that, just with MoP? In cata I had synapse springs macro'd with my pvp trinket forever. Blah.

well fuck. When did they change that, just with MoP? In cata I had synapse springs macro'd with my pvp trinket forever. Blah.
    Has been like that since Cata...

That's how it was like in cata... Not sure why you never noticed it. In your open burst I'd use synapse springs first then the on use haste trinket after (at least I'm assuming it's haste because they really are the only on use trinkets this tier). Unless if you are using the flashing steel talisman then what I said still applies.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-10-22 at 09:59 AM.

how long is cd on tinker when you activate trinket? and other way around if not same?
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Has been like that since Cata...
    This has made me very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipas View Post
    how long is cd on tinker when you activate trinket? and other way around if not same?
    It's however long the duration of the other trinket is. 10 for your trinket if you use synapse springs and X if you use the trinket first.

thx, wish engi just had option between on use and static, which would be pretty op
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

well im using Lesson of the darkmaster when u use it gives u Str and synapes also gives Str

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    well im using Lesson of the darkmaster when u use it gives u Str and synapes also gives Str
    Then use the Lessons of the Darkmaster first because it gives you more strength for a longer amount of time.

Deleted
    Well, at least now you know why sometimes Herpadin and Derpadin could pull ahead of you in dps meters. They knew, and they used them back to back.

And that's exactly what I do right now. Macroe'd synapse springs (/use 10) to CS to maximize uptime even during trash due to its short cd. When pulling a boss you run in, pop guardian and CS and right as the guardian reaches 20 stacks the springs (and the 10sec cd it triggers for other on-use effects) will be gone, so you can pop HA, AW, lessons of the darkmaster and ES.

Don't forget to /wave at everyone else as you pull ahead during burst cooldowns like a maniac (and surpress the tears when they catch up to you again a minute into the fight). Nah, we're good. But pretty interesting how ppl pull facts out of their hat that make me wonder if they have engineering at all.

Gr8 then ill macro Synapse with guardian , and after 10 seconds ill pop up my abitlies with the trinket and Mogu flask , and while waiting the burst cool down ill macro Es with synapse then ill have another 10 second to sustain the dps

Hey OP,

here is what i do:
    - Have Trinket AND Synapse springs in my I-WIN-Button Makro (yeah thats the burst makro) I have trinket one line higher so this is higher priorized. This move is actually useless like you all discussed, but when things change or there comes along a trinket that for some reason doesnt share CD with my synapse springs i will use em noth without having to change anything.

- Have synapse springs makroed to my main attack. Sure CD stacking os cool, but someone already provided that math that it really makes sense to pull this on as soon as it is off cd.

So you dont have to care about your springs anymore.