Deleted

Thumbs up Can Arms/Fury still tank dungeons while levelling?

So me and my friend are starting to play again and I was just wondering, since I'm rolling a Warrior if I could tank in Fury/Arms spec? I remember you could before just wondering if anythings changed and at what level you should stop?

you'll do more dps aoeing as prot, so i don't see why you would want to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    you'll do more dps aoeing as prot, so i don't see why you would want to bother.
    Yeah, you'll end up having better aoe dps as prot due to vengance.

10+ Year Old Account
    shit, fury and arms aren't even dps specs until like level 50. fury pulls ahead earlier, but for an optimal leveling experience you are pigeonholed into prot for quite some time.

but as others have said, dps is going to be a lot higher as prot, you're not going to be able to hold threat as a dps spec if you can't generate the rage.

Why would you, with access to dual specs?

Before that it's possible, but I don't recommend it considering you don't get any rage while in Defensive Stance (except for 10 rage from your main attack), which means poor dps and threat. And you can't reallistically tank outside of Defensive.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Probably but it will be a really painful experience to tank without a shield and it will also be a painful experience to tank with a shield.

The only reason why one should be tanking as dps is that you don't have duel spec and you also want to quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but as others have said, dps is going to be a lot higher as prot, you're not going to be able to hold threat as a dps spec if you can't generate the rage.
    Why wouldnt he get rage ?
    He said tanking in arms/fury spec, slap on defensive stance and go nuts.
    If your talking about prot, he does need a shield for being able to use ss and rev.

Either way, defensive stance is enough to hold aggro, he probably wont be easy to heal but thats something different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Why wouldnt he get rage ?
    Because you only gain rage from attacks in Battle/Berserker Stance now. In Defensive Stance your amount of threat generated is increased significantly, have a set mount of rage generation (1 RP3s) and do not generate rage from damage taken or weapon swings.

On top of that, the DPS specs only have one rage generating ability.

We're pretty much the only pure physical damage class in the game, and because of that no one is more punished than we are when it comes to hit and expertise. If you can't land a Mortal Strike or Bloodthirst, you aren't generating the rage you would need to use Thunderclap or Whirlwind.

what other people have said and though I cant remember exactly when i have been healing you start noticing the difference between specs fairly early and it is quite different at even around 40/50 for threat especially on groups.