Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down Shado-Pan daily quests

After doing golden lotus ones, i thought it can't get any worser than that, but was i wrong.

Who ever designed that bug island west of shado-pan garrison needs to be fired...

Every pull there is probably atleast 1 or 2 extra mobs that attack me because of the constant patrols. The place is littered with mobs so you can't make a decent escape.

Those items you get which should help you bug out half the time.

Using a NPC to help you is actually counter productive, they seem to aggro random mobs which i wouldn't attack anyway or they just stand there not even helping you resulting in atleast 2 deaths everytime i do those dailies

Everytime i see that island come up for the daily quests i just shudder. I only do em for the rep, not valor or something. And if you want shao-pan rep, do dailies, no other alternatives....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've avoided even doing Shado-Pan after the first day due to just that stuff. It was too annoying. The drop rates were awful, my stupid companion would pull everything, I had a debuff saying I didn't even select a companion (when I did)...it just was too much to bother with for nothing of importance (489 from raid)

I like the bug island quests because they are a step up in difficulty from all the other dailies. Gotta play smart on that island or you get f*cked.

I solo it every time (no companion, no group). Yes I do die sometimes, but I learn what to look out for, what to stay away from (the elite that fears? yea, no....)

Yeah, I stopped bringing the companion, too much trouble. Bug island is the worst of the lot, and for me that's the set 70% of the time. Worse for me is that the amount of rep the dailies give vary from day to day with most days giving around 130 while occasionally there's a 275 day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    I like the bug island quests because they are a step up in difficulty from all the other dailies. Gotta play smart on that island or you get f*cked.

I solo it every time (no companion, no group). Yes I do die sometimes, but I learn what to look out for, what to stay away from (the elite that fears? yea, no....)
    I wouldn't say it's a question of challenge. No daily is really a challenge. I just find the constant pulls annoying. There is a difference between having a challenge in a daily (such as a powerful end-boss of the set that you have to watch what you do), and just have a pile of really annoying circumstances due to crushing a ton of mobs into one little area.

Deleted
    They aren't trivial because you get a pack of supplies, that help you in it. Granted that, in a high pop server, like mine, I seldom have the opportunity to use other items but the vanish one, due to the race for tagging the elites, but I guess it would be quite fun if I could make use of the poison dart or the coins

Dailies are pissing me off, after getting exalted with the serpents, tillers, and the golden lotus I just don't want to do dailies anymore... not fun at all.

Deleted
    Shado-Pan dailies are indeed the worst so far from the ones i tried (GL, Cloud Serpent, Celestials) the companions are indeed a total disaster, as a dk i can death pact myself through all of it, but it's just so annoying, especially the Mantid ones where if u fly over the pits u get dismounted o.o...

You actually just have to know how to pull. Truly annoying NPC Companions aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the crappy dailies make up for the Shado-pan mounts at exalted?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, that set makes me want to get bucketloads of bugspray and carpet bomb the island with them - evading mobs, too many mobs, buggy abilities... all very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    ehhh, theirs only really ONE part of dailys that is terrible, aka the mantids. the others arent as bad but still its pretty bad

Yeah, the companion on these quests is basically just griefing me. I'll spent half an hour just trying to get out of combat because he runs off and brings more mobs to me. I can be flying well out of aggro range and he'll dismount and "float" and start fighting things.

Deleted
    I find the yaungol ones to be infinitely more annoying than the mantid island ones... the deadspeaker dailies with shadowbolts flying all over the place makes me want to /wrist after being in combat with 25 different groups of mobs during prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    especially the Mantid ones where if u fly over the pits u get dismounted o.o...
    That is the WORST. Forced stealth dismounts and then you fall to your death. I can't believe that made it past beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    The Onyx Cloud Serpent at exalted shado-pan makes it worth it for me, but the ground siberian tiger mounts aren't worth it tbh.

Deleted
    Shado-Pan dailies annoying ? Golden Lotus seems far more annoying to me. At Shado-Pan i can at least pull a decent amount of mobs (5-15) and bomb them away and not kill them one after another. Assassin Island are the easiest dailies of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie92 View Post
    Shado-Pan dailies annoying ? Golden Lotus seems far more annoying to me. At Shado-Pan i can at least pull a decent amount of mobs (5-15) and bomb them away and not kill them one after another. Assassin Island are the easiest dailies of them.
    This. I use one of the stealth companions and pull carefully. There's also a poison dart(sap) and smoke bomb(vanish) you can pick up near the quest giver which let you play like a rogue even further.

Can't say I've ever seen the CC items bug out.

In fact, if you use the pond in the middle of the island and make selective range-pulls, it's easy to get the Silent Assassin (or whatever it's called) achievement without any deaths or item uses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    ehhh, theirs only really ONE part of dailys that is terrible, aka the mantids. the others arent as bad but still its pretty bad
    Yeah mantid island is fucking awful.
    Finding the elites is the hardest part. Between the bugging ones (bugging bugs, who would have thought it ?) and the already tagged ones ... takes ages.

I don't die there any more though, because I've realized that the quest givesyu smoke bombs at the start that give you a free vanish.