Poll: Read post before voting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    other... not at all

1 or 3, either would be fine.

Deleted
    Long weekend but free on monday instead of friday

15+ Year Old Account
    First option, but only if I can shift my working hours up (start at, say, 7 instead of 9).
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st Because I'm used to days of 10-14 hours, I'm a student working in a restaurant from time to time

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helwet View Post
    Long weekend but free on monday instead of friday
    free on friday is better, since there's a lot of good party's thursday night ^^

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    My dad works 9 9s and loves it. So that's every other Friday off. Every other week it's like a vacation for him.

Deleted
    3. I work to live, not live to work.

I'd absolutely go with option 1 in a heartbeat if I can be guaranteed that I'm off on those three days (ie nobody at work has my cell number or home number, no calling me in to work on my days off, no calling me after hours, etc).

Nothing sucks more than getting home after working a full day, getting nice and comfortable on the couch or whatever else, then the fucking phone rings with something related to work. Happens a lot to me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-26 at 04:43 AM.

I quite like the number 2 option. That way you never work more than two days in a row. Normally Wednesday's the worst day because you're already tired from 2 days' work and still have 2 more in front of you. Mondays are easy because you're fresh from the weekend, Fridays are easy because lolfriday... by taking Wednesday off you work:

Monday - easy
    Tuesday - tomorrow is your day off so Tuesday almost becomes a Friday - easy
    [Wednesday off]
    Thursday - you just came back so Thursday almost becomes a Monday - easy
    Friday - easy

Awesome IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    My last job before moving across the country was Monday - Thursday 8am-7pm, and I loved it.

Having every Friday off? It. Was. Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Assuming a 40 hour work week and assuming you can switch the schedule to 'start' on any day of the week, would you rather work:

1 - 10 Hours|10 Hours|10 Hours|10 Hours|Off|Off|Off
    2 - 10 Hours|10 Hours|Off|10 Hours|10 Hours|Off|Off
    3 - 8 Hours|8 Hours|8 Hours|8 Hours|8 Hours|Off|Off
    4 - 8 Hours|8 Hours|8 Hours|Off|8 Hours|8 Hours|Off
    5 - Other, please state.
    #2 for sure. I greatly prefer longer shifts and fewer work days per week, and having a day off in the middle of the workweek not only gives you a breather, but also gives you a free day to get other things done. I'd definitely do M-F with my days off being Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

#1 for me, mostly because I think I wouldn't get much done at work if everyday was a Monday or a Friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    my current work schedule is

OFF|OFF|OFF|8hours|8hours|15hours|10hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work part time at the moment and it depresses the crap out of me, I honestly don't know how i'll handle full time!

Option 1. 10 hour days are nothing(for me at least) and having a 3 day weekend is awesome. So much more time for activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends where I was working, I guess. If I had a job I really loved, then I'd definitely take the ten hour days. But right now, I get so damn bored at work that by the 7th hour I'm ready to put a bullet in my skull. This is made worse by the fact that some days, I'm actually carrying a sidearm >.>

I went with #5 other. One of the best job I had (Hour wise) was working 11 til 6 Monday to Friday. I could sleep in and if I needed anything done I had a couple of hours before work to get it done.

I voted 5. I'd rather kill myself before I'd work a 40 hour week...

I work 30 hr weeks, and it's too much for me >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    9|9|9|9|8|off|off
    9|9|9|9|off|off|off

It's called rolling nines work schedule and it's pretty awesome.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    If I really like the job then I pick 1. I like having consecutive days off instead of working 3 days, have off then work another 2 days then have off again and then start all over the next day (which is how I work now and I hate it).

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    I work part time at the moment and it depresses the crap out of me, I honestly don't know how i'll handle full time!
    Same here I also work part time and when I look at full time jobs I dread the day that I get one. But I look at it like this, If I'm going to be working full time then I want a job that I would enjoy doing like getting up and being happy about going to work.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe