Help On Reforging (Simcraft Results Inside)

http://9.chart.apis.google.com/chart...chts=dddddd,18

First and foremost, I would like to thank those who took the time to reply and help.

Stat Weights are:
    3.63 INT
    3.03 SP
    2.03 HASTE
    1.57 Mastery
    1.35 HIT
    1.14 Crit

Int > SP > Haste > Mastery > Hit > Crit

I am a bit confused on my results because everywhere I see, the general consensus for PVE Affliction is stack mastery. My results say the opposite. I plugged these stat weights into wow-reforge and it reforged me all haste losing 2,077 mastery and gaining 1,577 haste. Losing that much mastery has me worried because that's a lot of mastery. I would be losing a little over 10% damage on my dots I think and gaining haste.

My question to you is, is whether this is correct. This was a 25,000 irritation sim to lower the error on stat weights since my first attempt was only 10,000 and i got similar results, but I thought it was incorrect.

Is anyone else running a haste build and seeing an increase in DPS?

In earlier levels of gear, haste is a little ahead of mastery.

Mastery pulls ahead once you get into heroic gear. The general consensus people are mostly following blindly is based on Heroic BiS scale factors.

My simcraft profile shows haste and mastery being virtually equal at the moment, and I've been using 320 haste gems in yellow sockets. If I lose haste for mastery, my DPS will drop and haste will go back up in value. The difference if I try stacking mastery isn't a massive loss, but it is still there.

In case you're wondering, I'm sitting at 4594 haste and 3806 mastery from gear.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2012-10-22 at 03:51 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Can you link to your armory?

Edit: Ignore that, I found it.

You're within 1k of a breakpoint, that is why. - Use chardev to reforge 1k mastery to haste and sim the result, you may find the loss of mastery is an overall DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmickey View Post
    Can you link to your armory?

Edit: Ignore that, I found it.

You're within 1k of a breakpoint, that is why. - Use chardev to reforge 1k mastery to haste and sim the result, you may find the loss of mastery is an overall DPS loss.
    Can you list the haste breakpoints please? I've seen the spreadsheet from Google documents, but I have no clue how to read it. Thank you both for helping.

Unless something big changed that I missed, haste breakpoints (for the purpose of extra ticks, anyway) don't really matter for affliction unless you're letting dots expire, which obviously isn't optimal.

The values of int, haste and mastery will always change depending on how much of each you have, that is the important thing to remember.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2012-10-22 at 04:45 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    Hmm ive gone for the 4717 haste and then 13% hit, 12% in gear and 1% through the orcs wand 1% expertise, and then all out mastery, pretty sure i have like 5600 mastery, seems to work well for me