Deleted

Tanking advice/tips - will of emperor

After (finally) killing elegon last night we had a quick bash at will - had a couple of goes with the tank dance and kinda getting it (but damn the devasting attacks happen in quick succession).

Noticed that the bosses seem to hit like a truck (though this maybe more to do with failing to dance properly and getting the stacking debuff on me...)
    Any pally tank specific tips/tricks anyone can provide? regarding the dance, is pursuit of justice a better talent to take over the over too due to guaranteed 30% increase throughout?

also do we need to tank the strengths, or can e.g. a warrior dps /ret pally be good enough to do it? seems to be a lot going on....

The combos aren't that fast, after an attempt or two you should have the hang of it and be reliably dodging all of them unless you're having latency issues. Pursuit of Justice works well, though it's not necessary and you could get away with using Long Arm of the Law with the move speed to boots enchant if you wanted to. To help reduce damage you can pool 5 holy power for after the 5th combo, and keep your SotR buff rolling a bit longer, and of course use Seal of Insight and keep Sacred Shield up at all times. For each Titan Gas rotate between using Holy Avenger, GoAK, and Holy Avenger again.

the Strengths do not need to be tanked, it's just up to the melee or whoever has highest threat to dodge the melee strikes and not have them aiming at a large group of players, causing them all to get stunned.

The bosses do hit like trucks, the only thing you can do about that is having a high uptime on your physical mitigation CDs/abilities. If you have issues with the dance, just do the fight on LFR a few times to get a hang of it, then it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Yes, you can have a melee offtank the Strength, but it isn't really necessary. On our kill(2nd try, the first one I got raped by the boss because the healing assignments were silly), our paladin tanked the Strengths(because he got to try the dance last week as well, before I got my monk to 90) unless they spawned on my side, in which case we had the ranged focus it down, because I was worried about getting stunned during a Combo.

As for specific tips, I haven't played a paladin since forever, but I'd definately go with Pursuit of Justice(and I know our paladin did), just because I love higher passive movement speed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    cheers peeps
    (yay just noticed i got ranked #11 for elegon too )