Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Will Post SS Here-

battle for gilneas @ level 89
    Horde - 8 Bots
    Alliance - None

Got Raped. The bots "Defended" Mines by attacking anything that came close. Alliance player just kited them away and capped.
    Me level 89 monk and a level 88 warrior, took LH after losing Mines and then WW which caused us to lose LH because 1 warrior cant solo 5 hunters.

When there are more bots than players its a problem. When you cant kick them because there isnt enough players to vote kick, its a problem.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    NOT a botter. someone was streaming 40 char mulitboxing the other day on twitch. with same/similar names to this, he's some miner company stock owner with money to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by kailoth View Post
    So.. when is that ban wave happening? LMFAO

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/B1DwC.jpg
    Not a bot. Aredone is a well known multiboxer. He plays on my server, US-Kil'Jaeden. I see him around from time to time, actually a nice guy to talk to. He's been known to camp alliance PVP vendors for hours, lol.

Notice how everyone in his guild has the title, "the Bloodthirsty".

I absolutely hated the one time I encountered him in AV, though ironically enough I think we actually beat him after a really, really long knockdown dragout fight. I also take comfort in knowing that he can't really do this with any other BG effectively (if you look at his stats on his characters they all have massive amounts of AV wins and very few in any other BG). I haven't played any of the new BGs yet, but at least for the old ones there is no other BG like AV where you can just keep defending towers while picking off the entire other team and beating them by resources alone (even IoC would be next to impossible for him because he can never go on O and the boss doesn't have much HP and no warmasters to buff him).

that guy plays on my server its funny to watch him run around

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfaith View Post
    Multi-boxing IS botting. Only one character is actually being controlled, the rest are automated. Should be banned as a botter would in my opinion.
    Multiboxing /= Botting. A bot is a BOT, as in Robot. It runs automatically, on it's own, with no input from a user once it has been started up.

A multiboxer is someone running multiple toons simultaneously by clever use of keybinding and key-cloning to send one keypress to multiple machines simultaneously. They ALL require user input to function, even if it is just one guy giving parallel input to multiple toons. If the multiboxer stops giving input, they ALL stop functioning. Exactly the same way a single character played by a single person would stop functioning if that person went AFK.

Again, Multiboxing /= botting.

He is multiboxing 39 characters? Does that mean he owns 39 computers and pays for 39 WoW accounts every month?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    He is multiboxing 39 characters? Does that mean he owns 39 computers and pays for 39 WoW accounts every month?
    Yes. He also streams. http://twitch.tv/preparedwow

Wow... so much clarification in this thread. There you go OP - they weren't bots, they were a multi-boxer. That makes you feel better right? Still had a good ol' time in that BG i bet - really kicked some ass with the multi-boxer..? I like how most posters think this is absolutely fine.
    "Well it's not bots, so it's not a problem."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindfaith View Post
    Multi-boxing IS botting. Only one character is actually being controlled, the rest are automated. Should be banned as a botter would in my opinion.
    It's not automated because all the program does is copy all commands you make, and share it with the rest of all active WoW accounts... I multiboxed two accounts for a couple of months once, was quite fun.

If multiboxing was actually botting, then the first person wouldn't need to control anything either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Wow... so much clarification in this thread. There you go OP - they weren't bots, they were a multi-boxer. That makes you feel better right? Still had a good ol' time in that BG i bet - really kicked some ass with the multi-boxer..? I like how most posters think this is absolutely fine.
    "Well it's not bots, so it's not a problem."
    I don't see how there is anything wrong with multi-boxing for as long as you give all the commands to all the characters? It's quite easy to defeat one if you have something like aoe fear, thunderstorm or the like... The following accounts can only follow with the follow command, if separated they are going to have trouble catching up again...

You can edit it so the program also copies WASD movements, but it's not nearly accurate enough and the characters will quickly stray off course. It also won't copy mouse movements.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-03 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttudboz View Post
    Not a bot. Aredone is a well known multiboxer. He plays on my server, US-Kil'Jaeden. I see him around from time to time, actually a nice guy to talk to. He's been known to camp alliance PVP vendors for hours, lol.
    every encounter i've had with him hes been a total douchbag and a real sore loser.

.... he's also not that great at multiboxing. the only thing that makes him impressive is the sheer number of toons, his actual fine control and multitasking ability is absolutely awful compared to some boxers i've seen play.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttudboz View Post
    He's been known to camp alliance PVP vendors for hours, lol.
    So that's how good multiboxers are defined?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aredone is a well known multiboxer on KJ. He is hated by every single Alliance, and from what I've heard, the Horde also hates him just as much. Always griefing Alliance cities, and fucking up Horde/Alliance World boss kills.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kailoth View Post
    So.. when is that ban wave happening? LMFAO

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/B1DwC.jpg
    Last I heard MultBoxing isn't botting... perhaps they should ban those that dont know the definition of botting...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Bots or multiboxing, who cares if it is not the same thing.

Both botters and multiboxers ruins the game and makes it unfair.

If you keep letting botters and multiboxers fill up all BG spots or camp rares, then eventually it's going to piss people off so much they are not going to want to play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbe View Post
    Bots or multiboxing, who cares if it is not the same thing.

Both botters and multiboxers ruins the game and makes it unfair.

If you keep letting botters and multiboxers fill up all BG spots or camp rares, then eventually it's going to piss people off so much they are not going to want to play anymore.
    dont like multboxing... campaign against it... but, it IS legal at this moment in time.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    just throwing this out there for discussions. 2 points id like to acknowledge.

1) most multiboxers are controlled by one main "master" controller right? in my experiences (when coming across someone multi boxing with 2 or 3 toons) killing the "master" basically turned them into drones and thus not able to do anything until the master respawned and set all his stuff up. in this case, id almost have to imagine that it would be difficult to control all of the acounts all the time, thus resulting in some afking going on. how many cases would it take against these multiboxers for blizz to throw them the ban hammer?

2) this is the first 40 person multiboxer ive ever heard of, but i have heard of lots of people multi boxing 3 or 4 at a time. also i know of quite a few people that have multiple accounts. that being said, and forgive me if this is considered derailing, how many of the supposed 10 million subscribers are actually individual people/accounts? i dont mean to turn this into a "WoW's subscription number is a lie" thread but it does beg the question as to how many of those 10 million subscribers are one person with multiple accounts
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-04 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    This is one of the issues right now. Not botting itself, but false reports of "botters" when players are just 1) multiboxing legitimately 2) AFK'ing / on follow 3) Just plain bad. I cringe everytime a loss is blamed on bots, just accept the team or even your own contribution was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Imo there won't be any ban wave, a botter gives blizzard much more money and subs than regular players do at the moment.
    Blizzard has said time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again that most botters don't give any money as they use stolen details, which ends up costing blizz money in the end.

I was in that av! Or one against that guy recently. Had 37 mutliboxing. He defended galv, then defended Drek. We won.

It let me set my personal record for damage done in a bg, due to aoeing all 37 at once.
    The bad part is, everything gets really laggy around where he is.

Saw him in IoC, and our team just about lagged out trying to cap docks.