How do I use halo?

Hi i finally got to level 90 and i'm playing a shadow priest, i try to use halo in battlegrounds but how am i supposed to know how far 25 yards is? Maybe a stupid question sorry but does anyone have any tips how to use it? Thanks
    Last edited by x_Fiona_X; 2012-10-24 at 12:49 AM.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display Is more accurate than HalpPro. I personaly use them both
    Hi Sephurik

Well it took a while but i finally learnt how to use addons.. is there a better spell to use? it's difficult to use when i'm against a warrior or someone who is close, it doesn't really do anything but take all my mana.. '-'

no one is forcing you to use an aoe spell on a warrior who is pounding you, halo is mostly for open bg pvp, its a great tool to unstealth anything in the zone trying to sneak on your healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    no one is forcing you to use an aoe spell on a warrior who is pounding you, halo is mostly for open bg pvp, its a great tool to unstealth anything in the zone trying to sneak on your healers.
    Not to mention, it's probably the only AoE in the game with a DpET high enough to be worth using in PvP. 1M damage for one global cooldown? Yeah, that will give the enemy healers enough trouble to be worth breaking every CC in the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display Is more accurate than HalpPro. I personaly use them both
    Actually Spinalcrack has HaloPro perfect. He found a nice trick a few weeks back and since it's ridic.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    range-display Is more accurate than HalpPro. I personaly use them both
    Ya this really is not true. Range-display and HaloPro both use the same library to calculate distance. I have tweaked HaloPro to take the Halo range bug into consideration so a green light will always produce the best damage and will never miss. Halo still does not hit between 28-30 yards, so if you have a range of 25-30 shown and are standing at the far end of it, you could miss all together, or get reduced damage.

Both are great addons imo, and both use the same library to calculate distance. HaloPro is just tweaked specifically to Halo, and takes the current range bug into consideration, while other addons just give a range of distance that may not always result in max Halo damage.

But as far as Range-display being "more accurate", is not true. Both use LibRangeCheck-2.0 library (which is written by the author of Range-display, lol). So accuracy is the same.

Deleted
    I dunno why I find using fine with out addons I play soo much I have a rough idea where it is and I use the silence for double check

Thank you all for the help think i just need practice with it