Thread: (H) AV Abusing

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    (H) AV Abusing

    List ways you use AV to your advantage on heroic fights.

    On Feng I like to stay out of the shield about 6 yards away and pop Shadow Bulwark.

    On Stone Guard I like to use it when I'm chained.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    List ways you use AV to your advantage on heroic fights.

    On Feng I like to stay out of the shield about 6 yards away and pop Shadow Bulwark.

    On Stone Guard I like to use it when I'm chained.
    If you are chained and taking damage, though, the other person is also getting ravaged.

  3. #3
    Yes, that's why you pop AV the second you get chained because chances are you are more than 10 yards away at the moment of linkage. Usually takes people 2-3 seconds to come together especially if you are chained to a melee. You don't want to take any chances with a Cobalt Mine. The pool is also a good option but you're going to die after 3 seconds of standing in it with no C/D's.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Yes, that's why you pop AV the second you get chained because chances are you are more than 10 yards away at the moment of linkage. Usually takes people 2-3 seconds to come together especially if you are chained to a melee. You don't want to take any chances with a Cobalt Mine. The pool is also a good option but you're going to die after 3 seconds of standing in it with no C/D's.
    So you're going to get 2.5k-5k damage from it? Doesn't seem worth it. Better off using it on overload.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    So you're going to get 2.5k-5k damage from it? Doesn't seem worth it. Better off using it on overload.
    In heroic mode (and even normal mode btw), you're not supposed to get any full dmg Overload.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    On Feng I like to stay out of the shield about 6 yards away and pop Shadow Bulwark.
    Seriously? By standing outside of the nullification barrier you're deliberately giving up 6 seconds of protection from the 75% miss chance debuff.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Voidgazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    1,261
    Eh, I don't think AV reaches even 1% of my total damage on any fight, even if I put myself in harm's way during heavy raid damage coming in.

    In all honesty, warlock T6 talents are probably the worst amongst all calsses.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

  8. #8
    I usually have that talent active, but really don't really have an applications for it that could be disproved by "you could have done X instead , would do more deeps".
    Notably dotting up another target.

    Total anihilation on Elegon ... but meh. not much dmg. Nowadays i take MF on elegon anyways.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    I usually have that talent active, but really don't really have an applications for it that could be disproved by "you could have done X instead , would do more deeps".
    Notably dotting up another target.

    Total anihilation on Elegon ... but meh. not much dmg. Nowadays i take MF on elegon anyways.
    Same, better for hitting orbs with sb seeds. Devs should've realized AV was poorly designed when they had to nerf it to the ground, I feel for them what might've started as an interesting idea didn't translate well. Could sadly be said of most lvl 90 warlock talents. On most heroic modes i'd rather not purposefully do more damage to myself, I wish they'd buff it but specify only reflects damage from the attacker.

    Mannorths fury serves some purpose, kjc is still kinda underwhelming even with the buff. At least from a pve standpoint.

  10. #10
    Please stop doing that. You will only make them nerf if AGAIN. The whole reason it was nerfed from 10/50% was to stop people using it this way. If people keep doing this Blizzard will just end up completely removing all use with AoE damage.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Please stop doing that. You will only make them nerf if AGAIN. The whole reason it was nerfed from 10/50% was to stop people using it this way. If people keep doing this Blizzard will just end up completely removing all use with AoE damage.
    eventually it will be nerfed so hard that it will just be replaced with a different ability all together.

    so it goes.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    eventually it will be nerfed so hard that it will just be replaced with a different ability all together.

    so it goes.
    I wouldn't cry over that. It doesn't exactly feel amazing to see the big purple lightning strike hit someone for a paltry 300 damage, and it doesn't even work off your pet where it might actually be vaguely more useful being they're susceptable to taking damage from random stuff.

    I guess you could macro it to UR regardless if you want to get something out of the on use.

    And while I'm on the matter, since UW works for your pet with Soul Link, wouldn't it make sense for all these abilities to also; rather than have your pet as a means to bypass them?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-10-23 at 03:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Yeah, AV really just sucks these days. it fits in well with our lvl 90 crapfest tho

    The ability is just so underwhelming in every application now - it needs a complete revamp to ever be fun.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Seriously? By standing outside of the nullification barrier you're deliberately giving up 6 seconds of protection from the 75% miss chance debuff.
    I do about 140K through AV doing this, not only that, but you can cast MG right before the debuff goes out or even drain soul if you are desperate for shards. If you time it right you can avoid missing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I do about 140K through AV doing this, not only that, but you can cast MG right before the debuff goes out or even drain soul if you are desperate for shards. If you time it right you can avoid missing.
    your healers must just love you

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    your healers must just love you
    You can survive with a Shadow Bulwark, minimal healing required. Not that big deal at all.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    You can survive with a Shadow Bulwark, minimal healing required. Not that big deal at all.
    Meaning Blizzard will likely nerf Shadow Bulwark and Unending Resolve too...

    Seriously, this is why we can't have nice things. Stop fucking it up for the rest of us!

  18. #18
    Man up and use it.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Voidgazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    1,261
    140k once in two minutes is nothing. It's absolutely not worth risking your life on some encounters, especially in heroic mode, just to get a miniscule increase in DPS, if any at all.

    I'm not really sure where's OP getting at. Maybe he's just trying to get the required post count to post links or something?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    140k once in two minutes is nothing. It's absolutely not worth risking your life on some encounters, especially in heroic mode, just to get a miniscule increase in DPS, if any at all.

    I'm not really sure where's OP getting at. Maybe he's just trying to get the required post count to post links or something?
    Not really we have a level 90 talent we should be using to our advantage. A DPS increase is a DPS increase. You're not risking your life if you know what you're doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •