Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I did a dungeon run last night. Gave HotW+incarnation a go with wrath spamming. Started with Hotw+moonfire (dot up) and wrath, after HotW ran out, wen to cat, but well as I had to move, tank while the real tank was dead the performance was literally horrible.

Second dungeon I did with my present talents Incarnation+NV and well.... I was satisfied with the DPS numbers.

I know that what ever I can get out is way below of the "normal" DPS of any feral, due to the fact some bleeds drop off and I fail refreshing rip (shame on me). But I am trying to improve myself. So hard to play a melee class (crap excuse, I know), when for the last 2 years you have been a hunter.

And I'm using Elvui+Droodfocus. At present I'm working on finding a good place for droodfocus to show my rip/rake/mangle/FF uptime on mob, combopoints and on top of those I'm tracking OoC and Predatory swiftness. I haven't found a good place yet where I feel comfortable for the addon to be displayed for it not to clutter the screen too much.
    - dont moonfire during HOTW it only buffs your nature spells and moonfire is arcane
    - do you have a spell power weapon that's equivalent to your agi wep? if yes are you swapping for HotW? if no, you shouldnt use HotW active for dps
    - I know what you mean about melee, don't sweat it - it'll come. I've always been exceptional dps on my casters but it took me a couple weeks to get back to the top switching to feral this expansion
    - best UI advice I can give you is weakauras - you can make nearly anything once you learn how. I have an energy bar/CP tracker/ coodown monitors / buff/proc trackers/enemy debuff trackers all near the middle of my screen all made with weakauras

if you want to import my auras let me know and I can post them in this thread - your mileage may vary with some of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    -
    if you want to import my auras let me know and I can post them in this thread - your mileage may vary with some of them
    I would be interested, if you'd be so kind. Even if not a perfect fit for me, it would make for a good start in editing.

Deleted
    i'm loving SotF and DoC atm, done right its a sweet spot of constant nice damage and self healing or tank healing if req...
    i find using HT for a buffed FB and my next Shred work really nicely, if lined up with TF and my synapse then its even sweeter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be really nice of you. I've tried weakauras last week, but got lost in it :P.

As for position, I've tried middle of the screen, up or below the middle of the screen or the left side, above my health frame. The last location seems to work out the best, but it is still not good enough to constantly keep track of it. I can screenshot my UI when I get home.

And yes, I do have caster weapon, that wart stirring rod. I have a weapon swap for caster wep. macro tied into HotW. And back to agi. wep I have macro added to my cat form shifting skill.

Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    i'm loving SotF and DoC atm, done right its a sweet spot of constant nice damage and self healing or tank healing if req...
    i find using HT for a buffed FB and my next Shred work really nicely, if lined up with TF and my synapse then its even sweeter...
    currently you'd get better dps out of using DoC with rake (its DPCT is massively higher than shred.. and probably higher than FB too but idk and im too lazy to look it up)

@AnomanderRake
    nice name

@^ & Sonnillon

I'll get them up when I get home, will be several hours
    I'll also post some screenshots (or video) of my UI.

The best UI is one you don't need to even look at to perform your rotation correctly (everything is noticable peripherally) but contains all of the information you could possibly need when you do glance at it.

Deleted
    currently you'd get better dps out of using DoC with rake (its DPCT is massively higher than shred.. and probably higher than FB too but idk and im too lazy to look it up).
    hmm yea probably, tbh i havent had time to read up much on if rake/rip does more dmg with it, at first i thought it was melee hits like shred,FB n mangle (i never use mangle tho unless i have no choice). and you cant always use HT for buff for a FB anyway as you wont have the energy to get 5cps up by the time swiftness drops.

i have been trying to use it for rip and rake but atm its hard to tell as my dps/dmg is always similar..
    im thinking at start of boss, prepot agi pot, shred to 5 cp, SR, HT for buff then TF, rake, rip, zerk? then rotation as usual?

Deleted
    hmm yea probably, tbh i havent had time to read up much on if rake/rip does more dmg with it, at first i thought it was melee hits like shred,FB n mangle (i never use mangle tho unless i have no choice). and you cant always use HT for buff for a FB anyway as you wont have the energy to get 5cps up by the time swiftness drops.

i have been trying to use it for rip and rake but atm its hard to tell as my dps/dmg is always similar..
    im thinking at start of boss, prepot agi pot, shred to 5 cp, SR, HT for buff then TF, rake, rip, zerk? then rotation as usual?
    preheal yourself before pull as well.

Deleted
    ah good thinkin.. also, my boss start above wont work, wont have cps for rip ;p
    so maybe,, preheal, prepot, shred 5cps, SR, maybeTF/ zerk and shred to 4 cps quick, HT for buff, (TF?), rake for the 5th cp (with DoC and TF buff?), rip (with DoC and possible TF buff)? then normal rotation i guess..
    im also guessing to get a buffed rake and rip on last 20% of boss HP? should be doable with lust?
    Last edited by mmocfce0b4833c; 2012-10-26 at 01:51 PM.

ah good thinkin.. also, my boss start above wont work, wont have cps for rip ;p
    so maybe,, preheal, prepot, shred 5cps, SR, maybeTF/ zerk and shred to 4 cps quick, HT for buff, (TF?), rake for the 5th cp (with DoC and TF buff?), rip (with DoC and possible TF buff)? then normal rotation i guess..
    im also guessing to get a buffed rake and rip on last 20% of boss HP? should be doable with lust?
    gotta start with rake or shred does less damage

preheal > prepot > savage roar > charge in and cast FF in the air > rake > shred to 5cp > NS Healing touch > TF > Rip > rake

then use your next 5 cp to get up a full savage roar. This will start you with TF & DoC buffed rip and rake

*technically* you can open with ravage but I just havent found it worth worrying about the stealth aspect of that, not to mention a high damage ability with high crit chance as your first attack has a pretty significant chance to pull threat if your tank hasnt taunted.

Deleted
    1. "Pre Pull"
    2. Healing Touch
    3. Virmen's Bite
    4. "Pull"
    5. -Savage Roar
    6. -Faerie Fire
    7. -Rake
    8. -Shred 4cp to low energy
    9. -Tiger's Fury+Berserk
    10. -Nature's Swfitness
    11. -Rake
    12. -Rip
    Nature's Swiftness on 4th or 5th combo point doesn't matter i personally use 4th because i need to train it in to make it feel natural because there is when i fit in healing touches by PS.
    While berserk is up i personally try to squeeze in FB as much as possible so a 2 or 3 cp SR is more then enought.

you're going to energy cap during the NS gcd doing it that way, unless you manage to shred down to like 10 energy by 4 combo points, which if you get a crit you certainly won't

:P

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:43 AM ----------

oh and thrash with omen of clarity has extremely high priority, you SHOULD interrupt your normal rotation for this

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:46 AM ----------

also shredding to 5cp, and then raking *after* rip puts more time between your initial rake and the new overriding rake. since the uptime of the megabuffed rake is going to be the same regardless, letting the first rake tick out once or twice more beforehand is ideal

Deleted
    gotta start with rake or shred does less damage
    preheal > prepot > savage roar > charge in and cast FF in the air > rake > shred to 5cp > NS Healing touch > TF > Rip > rake .
    you cant NS on 5cp? you have to use finisher (rip/FB/SR) to get the instant HT and buff? or are you casting it manually? ..
    and yea forgot, i usually rake as my first attack..

you cant NS on 5cp? you have to use finisher (rip/FB/SR) to get the instant HT and buff? or are you casting it manually? ..
    and yea forgot, i usually rake as my first attack..
    Nature's Swiftness, the talent ;P

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:55 AM ----------

also doing it in that order has the added benefit that if you know you're going to energy cap by hitting TF at that point, you can thrash instead, as thrashing on a DoC buff is pretty much just as good as raking it.

Deleted
    aye, you get NS after using a finisher. the way you wrote it above says you use the NS HT on 5cps without a finisher making it instant cast ;p

maybe..
    preheal
    prepot
    ff on way in (if you dont like charge and all its bugginess atm ;p)
    rake
    shred to 5 CPs
    SR
    (depending how much energy you have) >
    shred for 1-2 CPs
    TF + Zerk
    shred to 4 CPs quick
    NS HT (providing it hasnt dropped off ;p)
    rake for 5th CP with DoC and TF buff (plus synapse in my case)
    rip with DoC and possible TF buff ????
    and yea thrash on OoC procs..

i really like DoC, so much more fun than NV and the shitty wrath casting kitties ;p
    Last edited by mmocfce0b4833c; 2012-10-26 at 03:05 PM.

aye, you get NS after using a finisher. the way you wrote it above says you use the NS HT on 5cps without a finisher making it instant cast ;p
    you get predatory swiftness after using a finisher, natures swiftness is a talent that makes your next heal instant and castable in all forms. Its pretty much mandatory with DoC because of its synergy with being able to get procs any time. My NS/HT macro is as follows:

#showtooltip
    /console set autounshift 0
    /use [mod:shift] Nature's Swiftness
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help][] Healing Touch
    /console set autounshift 1

Deleted
    you're going to energy cap during the NS gcd doing it that way, unless you manage to shred down to like 10 energy by 4 combo points, which if you get a crit you certainly won't
    l
    Not for me :-)
    also shredding to 5cp, and then raking *after* rip puts more time between your initial rake and the new overriding rake. since the uptime of the megabuffed rake is going to be the same regardless, letting the first rake tick out once or twice more beforehand is ideal
    Not sure if i understanded you right on this one but, Rake is a bleed and will increase Shred damage by 20% however in the opener it will be buffed by TF and DoC+Trinket procs so it'll defiantly be worth refreshing.

And yes Thrash on OoC procs is better then any other spell on a OoC proc because of the DPET. I am not usually getting OoC procs during the opener or i am i'm to busy making a good opener e.i as you stated not energy caping for instance and loads of other things.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-26 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    you get predatory swiftness after using a finisher, natures swiftness is a talent that makes your next heal instant and castable in all forms. Its pretty much mandatory with DoC because of its synergy with being able to get procs any time. My NS/HT macro is as follows:

#showtooltip
    /console set autounshift 0
    /use [mod:shift] Nature's Swiftness
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help][] Healing Touch
    /console set autounshift 1
    shit yea soz dude, was a lil confused as im not in game atm and cant think of the right names of stuff hehe.. so yea pred swift after a finisher.. nature swift a talent you use for a free HS or rebirth or whatever ;p gotcha..
    soz for the confusion dude

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Not for me :-)

Not sure if i understanded you right on this one but, Rake is a bleed and will increase Shred damage by 20% however in the opener it will be buffed by TF and DoC+Trinket procs so it'll defiantly be worth refreshing.

And yes Thrash on OoC procs is better then any other spell on a OoC proc because of the DPET. I am not usually getting OoC procs during the opener or i am i'm to busy making a good opener e.i as you stated not energy caping for instance and loads of other things.
    yes it's worth refreshing, im just saying refresh it slightly later to get more out of your original rake, pretty much. Its negligible and depends on other factors I was just pointing out why I do it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:59 PM ----------

shit yea soz dude, was a lil confused as im not in game atm and cant think of the right names of stuff hehe.. so yea pred swift after a finisher.. nature swift a talent you use for a free HS or rebirth or whatever ;p gotcha..
    soz for the confusion dude
    no problem :P

Deleted
    yes it's worth refreshing, im just saying refresh it slightly later to get more out of your original rake, pretty much. Its negligible and depends on other factors I was just pointing out why I do it.
    Why would you do that? If Rake damage will be increased by more then 12% it's worth to refresh it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Why would you do that? If Rake damage will be increased by more then 12% it's worth to refresh it straight away.
    its complicated, but essentially if you're going to get one buffed rake, but its going to override an unbuffed rake, you should use the buffed one as late as possible. If we were GCD capped you'd be 100% right that you should refresh it asap, but since we're not, maximising damage per energy is important and refreshing rake super early essentially kills the DpE of the first rake.

Like I said though the difference is pretty negligible