Thread: comp freezes

comp freezes

hi all hoping some1 who knows about comps can help me i am complete noob about pcs i know nothing but i bought a new pc about year ago to come back to play wow it worked fine till bout 3 weeks ago now every now and then it freezes the screen will be frozen my char will have the casting anamation but nothing happens then it sort of speeds up like its catching up then it goes normal i would guess it happens 2-3 times a hour any help would be appreciated

sounds more like internet latency issues. whats your ms?

Deleted
    Sounds like an internet problem have you tried www.speedtest.net

thnks for replys i did the test and results are pretty bad i think lol download was 2.95 mbs and upload was 0.20 mbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razzapool View Post
    thnks for replys i did the test and results are pretty bad i think lol download was 2.95 mbs and upload was 0.20 mbs
    Wow those numbers are eghhh... Are you on a cable connection? If so contact your provider.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Deleted
    While the speeds seem bad by todays standarts, its more than enought to play WoW. I've played WoW on 512kbps 3g modem and had no problems. I suggest you run a trace route to your realm and post the results here. Then we can know is it yours connection thats bad ir is it Blizzaard's side.

Deleted
    Yep it's fast enough but it's ping/latency that's the killer :/