Zen Meditation + Raiding

Are there any fights where the redirect mechanic actually functions in raiding?

If not what are some good places to use the CD as tank?

Deleted
    It doesn't work on raid mechanics, that i know of.

Anything that grounding totem absorbs, zen meditation will also absorb. It's pretty useless atm, however it is an alright personal... However i don't see it being used as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post

Anything that grounding totem absorbs, zen meditation will also absorb. It's pretty useless atm, however it is an alright personal... However i don't see it being used as a tank.
    It's only real use is for a tank, it allows us to soak a really big hit in case we get in trouble or to give healers some ease through heavy raid damage. I've seen it used for the breath on elegon and as a DPS or tank it can be used on feng to soak Epicenter and Arcane velocity on ones that aren't nullified/interrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's only real use is for a tank, it allows us to soak a really big hit in case we get in trouble or to give healers some ease through heavy raid damage. I've seen it used for the breath on elegon and as a DPS or tank it can be used on feng to soak Epicenter and Arcane velocity on ones that aren't nullified/interrupted.
    Think that sums it up pretty good. You can combo it with Avert Harm when off tanking to basically give the raid a 20% DR and you'll take very little damage from it. Epicenter and Arcane Velocity on Feng are probably the best examples.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Ok guys, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never used the spell to redirect as a healer, only to benefit from the 90% damage reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post

Everything here seems to be in contradiction to what I have read about this spell. I am going into vaults for the 1st time tonight on my monk. Will this spell help at all as a brewmaster?
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Everything here seems to be in contradiction to what I have read about this spell. I am going into vaults for the 1st time tonight on my monk. Will this spell help at all as a brewmaster?
    Use it after popping Avert Harm when you are off tanking to reduce raid damage.
    Feng: during unshielded Epicenters or Arcane Velocity
    Gara: If lots of adds are up after you get ported and raid is taking a lot of damage (but probably means your close to wiping anyway).
    Elegon: Soak a breath with it
    Spirit Kings: During crazy guys "cowardice" phase and DPS is trying to blow themselves up with the reflect damage mechanic.

Stone Guard, Spirit Kings, and Will all involve you constantly taking melee damage so no real use there
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    i am actually using this spell quite often as both MW and WW.

it absorbs all aoe dmg effects bosses do. think of epi center but also the total annihilation from the elgon add or the explosion dmg from the orbs and such.
    if you know there is gonna be a big spike of dmg you can pop it for 1 second to reduce the burst dmg on the raid and then continue healing/dpsing.

in a tanking role it can be used to quickly absorb a huge burst but make sure no auto attack hits before cause that will nullify the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbamouse View Post
    i am actually using this spell quite often as both MW and WW.

it absorbs all aoe dmg effects bosses do. think of epi center but also the total annihilation from the elgon add or the explosion dmg from the orbs and such.
    if you know there is gonna be a big spike of dmg you can pop it for 1 second to reduce the burst dmg on the raid and then continue healing/dpsing.

in a tanking role it can be used to quickly absorb a huge burst but make sure no auto attack hits before cause that will nullify the buff.
    I tried using it on Epicenter and Annihilation and both times it seemed to have no effect and just put me behind on topping everyone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Use it after popping Avert Harm when you are off tanking to reduce raid damage.
    Feng: during unshielded Epicenters or Arcane Velocity
    Gara: If lots of adds are up after you get ported and raid is taking a lot of damage (but probably means your close to wiping anyway).
    Elegon: Soak a breath with it
    Spirit Kings: During crazy guys "cowardice" phase and DPS is trying to blow themselves up with the reflect damage mechanic.

Stone Guard, Spirit Kings, and Will all involve you constantly taking melee damage so no real use there
    Why does Glurp say there is no effect? I used this on Feng last night during unshielded Epicenters, and I think it worked.... /shrug.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Why does Glurp say there is no effect? I used this on Feng last night during unshielded Epicenters, and I think it worked.... /shrug.
    I'll dig through some of my logs and see if I can isolate the epicenter event where I had AH + ZM rolling and see if I can confirm. Might take me some time as I'll probably have to figure out an expression editor string for it and I'm a little rusty at those.

I know I've used that combo at least once/twice per kill on Feng.
    [/URL]