10+ Year Old Account

Spriest T14 - 4set bonus

Priest T14 Shadow 4P Bonus:
    "Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch spells by 3 sec, and increases the damage done by Shadow Word: Insanity by 15%."

My question is: does 4set bonus affect haste breakpoints for our DoTs? Has anybody done some math around it? What will the new breakpoints be and how much haste will I need to reach them?
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Deleted
    Googled this as I, as a non-priest, was curious about this too. Here is what I found:

The extra 3sec from T14 4P will change the breakpoints...sort of. Haste breakpoints are determined by a) duration, and b) tick speed. If VT goes from 15sec duration and 3sec base tick speed to 18sec duration and 3sec base tick speed when you have the T14 4P bonus, then its Haste Breakpoints will be the same as SWP without T14 4P (because it is, by default, 18sec/3sec), or, 8085 haste for VT+2.

SWP will change to 6652 (6165) for SWP+2, and SWP+3 will become 12433 (11889), which is well out of reach for T14 gear.

So in short, no, you'll still aim for 8085 haste...the reasoning is just slightly different.
    Source: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=1748&start=10

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that I'm too lazy to google it, I'm just looking for the most reliable answer preferably from people who managed to get the full tier set on beta (if it was even possible) and actually did some testing around it...

Thanks for your input, DanielBrems, although something just doesn't add up for me in that post...... I don't think its that simple
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

DanielBrems quoted me, so of course I'm going to agree with my own assessment, Boogar.

If you have any T9 laying around from ToC/ToGC, you'll see the exact same effect occur with VT from the 4p set bonus, except that it will increase the duration of VT by 6 seconds and not 3 seconds (to 21 seconds, the same as SWP's duration with the T14 4p) so its breakpoint will be 6652 (6165) for VT+2.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I never did the actual math so i do not really see that much into it...
    Thanks for confirmation Twintop, can't wait to build T14 I really like the 4set bonus and it got me wondering how much it affects the breakpoints