Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    the really strong about warriors is gag order
    let me guess, you play a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Oh look, more ignorant whiners who think rogues have "always been the best" and "deserve to be bad for once." How pitiful. They have been among the best exactly twice, ever, which was at the end of Cataclysm and the end of Burning Crusade. Both times were because of raid gear and legendary weapons, not class mechanics. People should remember, they were near the very bottom for most of Cataclysm until that gear came out, then they shot up to the top without any buffs. Anyone with a brain should see the reason. And sorry, but anyone who says rogues have ever been "faceroll" have absolutely zero idea what they are talking about. They have always been one of the most skill demanding classes. As for warlocks, they were garbage in Cataclysm and are garbage now. A couple useful gimmicks that only help in arena do not make a class good.
    Ehh... nope. Two false statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vukey View Post
    Surprised me to see an ele shaman (Zeiyo) in the top 3 on Cyclone/Wirbelsturm.
    Fellow Eles don't give up.
    Too late for me. My last ditch effort was macroing /yell Help me Jebus! to all my abilities. Didn't help much.

I went resto, priest went shadow. We're not as happy, but we are doing better.

shamans counter hunters pretty well with grounding being able to eat every trap if they're smart about it.

With so many hunters (a lot of them being bad) doesn't surprise me that some shamans are rising up.

Deleted
    Lol 8th EU is my mates bro fletcher xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    And I thought you were a decent poster. Tell me, which class doesn't have a vast majority of bad players?
    None of them.

Except when a class becomes a challenge to play better at a higher rating it loses overall representation because then only the best players run it to high ratings.

Like I said, see hunters all through Cataclysm.'

That's obviously not to say that this season is balanced at all. Other classes need major nerfs and they're getting them. Rogue representation will go up just because of that. But don't think rogues are bottom of the barrel just because of representation. Hell, as a warrior in the previous season I know the exact same thing was true for my own class.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    yup and only hunters and mages are being nerfed currently in 5.1
    warriors also got hotfix-nerfed.

mortal strike/slam/overpower/raging blow and wild strike damage got reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Monks are so low .

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    warriors also got hotfix-nerfed.

mortal strike/slam/overpower/raging blow and wild strike damage got reduced.
    where? i don't see it.

Or you mean those hotfixes in the first week and warrior damage is still too high?

where? i don't see it.

Or you mean those hotfixes in the first week and warrior damage is still too high?
    Outisde of cooldowns their damage isn't anything special. The mobility ,however, is over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    It's pretty funny comparing DK's first season to the monk's first season. Could the difference be any larger?
    Dk's had to level from 55 to 80, so the 10 levels that everyone had to do plus an extra 15, except for the beginning 5 of those 15 were done in a single night. Fresh monks have to do 85 levels on top of the 5 that everyone else has to level. Quite the difference in time commitment required before you can start playing your toon.

Also mind you that Blizz has stated in the past that they rather make monks slightly weaker and then buff them instead of making them the god class like DK's were.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 04:03 PM ----------

let me guess, you play a warrior.
    What he said is partially true though. Their damage is high, but not beyond what can be countered. The problem with Warriors is their insane toolkit, particularly anti-caster.

General CC

Charge Stun
    Shockwave (if taken)
    Intimidating Shout
    Hamstring
    Disarm

Anti-Caster Toolkit
    Pummel
    Gag Order Pummel
    Gag Order Heroic Throw
    Spell Reflect
    Mass Spell Reflect (if taken)
    Zerker Rage (vs Priests and Warlocks mainly)

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Outisde of cooldowns their damage isn't anything special. The mobility ,however, is over the top.
    and the cooldowns are the problem. They should have been nerfing reck+avatar not the skill damage

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    I did a quick survey of all battlegroups using the html source of the first page of each BG (so top 50 teams of each) and compiling the info. Posted the aggregate results here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65531?page=1#0
    Adding this to the first post for people who are reading it for the first time Good job!

Shows how over the top rogue nerfs were. We went from being 1 of the best rated to the worst in a single season.

I personally don't like PvP so I have no idea how imbalanced things are, but I can definitely see how we are bad with all the nerfs and poor scaling. PvE wise our damage is fine, just lacking anything else that sets us apart from other classes.

so for 8 years warriors had mobility problems and the philosophy was that they have tons of damage and its all about keeping up with your target. now suddenly warriors have shittons of mobility and insane survivability, yet they damage remains too high. im guessing someone forgot to cut all their damage in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    so for 8 years warriors had mobility problems
    Warriors have had the best mobility out of any melee since season 6.

The problem Warriors had was that they couldn't stick on their targets. Shockwave has fixed that problem and created a new mess.

Shockwave is pretty op. I am ok with 2 spell reflects, 2 charges and their fear. I am actually ok with shockwave as well put that talent seems very unfair for rogues who are the master of stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Warriors have had the best mobility out of any melee since season 6.

The problem Warriors had was that they couldn't stick on their targets.

/scratchhead.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    /scratchhead.jpeg
    mobility != uptime

10+ Year Old Account
    mobility != uptime

So what good is mobility for a melee class if it doesn't involve uptime on a target?