DK
    Mage
    Hunter
    Warrior

It's last season!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    ill just quote a guy from the post you linked
    that quote you quoted is invalid, as nowhere in that list appeared a resto shamy.

:\

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    that quote you quoted is invalid, as nowhere in that list appeared a resto shamy.

:\
    "remove the healers". It's just looking at DPS.

The list is funny though, the representation is the -OPPOSITE- to last season.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 05:02 PM ----------

Updated with most popular comps.

(Source: http://www.facebook.com/arenajunkies...43369869010116)

Man, I'm not getting credit from those AJ guys. Oh well, I should have linked my blizzard forum post when putting the table of data in EJ, but they hate Blizzard forums so I just pasted the data instead.

Anyone know if the ladders are constantly updating? I could redo the data if it would be meaningful to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/3v3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/3v3

US doesn't seem as bad, but a lot of the EU battlegroups are just warrior or hunter teams. #yolo

----

Edit, discoepfeand has gone through the effort of adding up all the classes in the top 50 teams of every BG, results below:

• 19.93% - Warrior - 353
    • 16.32% - Hunter - 289
    • 13.61% - Paladin - 241
    • 12.37% - Druid - 219
    • 11.58% - Shaman - 205
    • 9.09% - Mage - 161
    • 8.13% - Priest - 144
    • 3.39% - Death Knight - 60
    • 3.39% - Warlock - 60
    • 1.36% - Rogue - 24
    • 0.85% - Monk - 15

-----

Edit 2, ArenaJunkies posted the most popular comps on their facebook, list below:

Top 10 3v3 Arena Comps (As of 24/10):
    1. ? - ?
    2. Warrior Hunter Druid - KFC with Druid
    3. Warrior DK Paladin - TSG
    4. Priest Mage Druid - Godcomp
    5. Warrior Druid Paladin - Kittycleave / Bleedcleave
    6. Warrior Hunter Shaman - KFC with Shaman
    7. Warrior Mage Druid - WMD
    8. Warrior DK Druid - TreeSG
    9. Warrior Mage Paladin - WMP
    10. Warrior Priest Paladin - ?

I'm not sure what number 1 is, they missed it off their list, but I assume it's Warrior/Hunter/Paladin, as that is the original KFC and is extremely likely to be the most popular.
    top 3 classes hunter warrior paladin

kfc sure is delicious this season

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Man, I'm not getting credit from those AJ guys. Oh well, I should have linked my blizzard forum post when putting the table of data in EJ, but they hate Blizzard forums so I just pasted the data instead.

Anyone know if the ladders are constantly updating? I could redo the data if it would be meaningful to do so.
    They haven't updated yet. I imagine it'll be updated within the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    They haven't updated yet. I imagine it'll be updated within the next couple of days.
    Hm, actually, it looks like they have slight updates. I decided to write a script so that you can get all this data in a few seconds (It takes roughly 4 seconds on my computer/connection, both of which are very fast. It will take longer if either is slower).

Anyone's welcome to use it (requires windows xp or later).

It's the same concept as before, grabs the html source of the first arena page for each battleground and finds classes based on how many times their icon shows in the page. It compiles the data and outputs it.

Example:

1) Look at the script file from here: http://www.discofiend.com/wow/getArenaTeams.txt
    - note, it's text format so you can look at it and not download it if you don't feel comfortable
    2) If you're OK with the script file, select all, copy, and paste into a notepad document.

2a) IMPORTANT: change the part at the top of the script that says myFolder = "D:\pvp\" to whatever folder you're going to use!!!

3) Save that notepad document as "yourChoiceOfNames.vbs" (note, change the .txt at the end to .vbs) on your computer in a folder you'll remember. In my case, I made a folder for it called "D:\pvp\"
    4) Open a command prompt and navigate to that folder (easy way in Windows 7 (and maybe vista?): Shift Click on that folder and say "Open Command Window Here")
    5) at command prompt, type in: cscript yourChoiceOfNames.vbs

You should get the output shown in the pic above.

I offer no tech support on this. Don't download it or try to run it if you're at ALL uncomfortable running scripts that potentially harm your computer that some random dude on the internet wrote and said "hey, try this!" That having been said, you can see all the code for yourself, and I've done very very basic commenting and specifically used very basic functions to make it easy to follow.

woooo warriors and hunters are highest represented who ever would of thought.

watching the trend...

hunters coming down some
    priest and shaman going up some
    monks catching up as rogues fall

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Yet Horde seems to dominate. Many top PVPers made the swap to Horde and not for the looks. I just wish they took a faster action on overpowered racials. During the last seasons, it was the opposite (Alliance dominated tournaments and ladders)
    Actually it wasn't. Everyone last season said EMFHS was the best racial, but factually it was incorrect. Of the top 10 teams in the world last season, 9 of them were horde, all of the horde teams were either double undead RLS or triple undead RMP, the one alliance team was if I remember right, Braindeadly's team (think he ran thugcleave last season). The only reason the RLS comps weren't triple undead is of course because shaman can't be undead.

If you looked at the top 250 comps in the world, the number of horde (overwhelmingly undead, like 90% of them - the other 10% being shamans of various non-undead races in RLS comps) and alliance began to balance out a bit - but at the very top Will of the Forsaken was just as unbalanced then as it is now. Having multiple Undead pretty much hard counters RLS, and gives you a big advantage against RMP - as a racial there is nothing in the game that could remotely compare to such strength versus the two best comps of last season.

IMO, give Night Elves a racial that makes us hard counter warriors and have a big advantage against hunters - and we can call horde/alliance racials even
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Warrior, Priest, Paladin is PWP: Power Word Paladin

Monks about to overtake rogues maybe

Warrior: 358 = 20.19%
    Paladin: 238 = 13.42%
    Hunter: 277 = 15.62%
    Rogue: 18 = 1.02%
    Priest: 164 = 9.25%
    DK: 52 = 2.93%
    Shaman: 221 = 12.46%
    Mage: 161 = 9.08%
    Warlock: 58 = 3.27%
    Monk: 17 = 0.96%
    Druid: 209 = 11.79%
    Total in survey: 1773

Deleted
    I'm not surprised by the numbers, and these are only for 3v3.

- In 2v2 you'll get slaughtered by bm/bm, bm/war or war/heal
    - In 5v5 you'll meet any combination of bm/war/heal, including 4 bm with a lone druid to clone your healer while you get eaten by a swarm of pets
    - In random battlegrounds half the team will be bm/war. I faced 6 warriors and 2 hunters in a warsong today. I faced another 4 warriors and 3 hunters in the following silvershard mines. It wasn't pretty.

I feel sorry for rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I feel sorry for rogues
    They didn't feel sorry for you in s11.

Updated with the newest listings. A large increase of shamans and priests, and a noticeable drop in hunters! Warriors still on the increase though.

The funny thing is when all the warriors and hunters (mostly on the main forums) go around saying their class is fine, and it's a L2P issue.

Don't get me wrong, I play a warrior and hunter for fun too. But I'm not so delusional as to go around saying that they're perfectly balanced, while everyone else mysteriously started sucking overnight (overpatch?). It's pure entertainment watching them go into defensive mode the moment anyone even proposes some changes on the official forums.

Deleted
    To be fair though, warrior has always been an attractive and popular class. They just haven't been viable all seasons.
    The surge in hunters are pretty astonishing though as they have never been a popular class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Oh look, more ignorant whiners who think rogues have "always been the best" and "deserve to be bad for once." How pitiful. They have been among the best exactly twice, ever, which was at the end of Cataclysm and the end of Burning Crusade. Both times were because of raid gear and legendary weapons, not class mechanics. People should remember, they were near the very bottom for most of Cataclysm until that gear came out, then they shot up to the top without any buffs. Anyone with a brain should see the reason. And sorry, but anyone who says rogues have ever been "faceroll" have absolutely zero idea what they are talking about. They have always been one of the most skill demanding classes. As for warlocks, they were garbage in Cataclysm and are garbage now. A couple useful gimmicks that only help in arena do not make a class good.
    Except all of their scaling got buffed, on both backstab and ambush, and the sub mastery got buffed by 5%, no buffs tho...

Reality check inc. There was a minimum of 5 R1 rogues in a season and it was s5, so please, don't try to argue about things you obviously thought made you a good player when you ran them notably RLS. Rogues skill demanding in s11? Whatever... Macestun skill demanding in tbc? Yeah alright... Warlocks hard to play? I lose my temper when people say that, how can a class which is pretty much playing 3v1 in a 3v3 match be hard at any rate? they provide so much cc it's not even a contest...
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    To be fair though, warrior has always been an attractive and popular class. They just haven't been viable all seasons.
    The surge in hunters are pretty astonishing though as they have never been a popular class to play.

If your a betting man and you bet on the class that is either OP or just strong for a season (not OP) then you should be betting on the warrior class.

Sure their will be times that warriors are weak but Blizzard makes sure that warriors don't stay weak for long.

And I personally don't believe when warrior claims that they are weak because allot of warriors claim that they where weak during TBC....you know the expansion that warriors (and druids) dominated every season.