New to Paladins, PvP help

I've played a hunter since around the end of BC, and rerolled paladin ret/holy in mists for a change of scenery. Now I'm absolutely loving the class and... for once... spell effects. However, there's just one problem, world PvP.

As a hunter, I was pretty well known on my server for being the person you don't want to try and gank. I was 2k rating every season and thrived in a world pvp environment. Then I switched to paladin, the complete other side of the table.

I am a melee with no gap closer, Emancipate only does so much against most classes spammable snares now. If you do manage to get in melee range you can blow all cds and nuke the person to death, or they can bubble/cc you and just wait out all of your damage.

I'm currently using:

Long Arm of the Law
    Fist of Justice
    Selfless Healer
    Clemency
    Holy Avenger
    Execution Sentence

with glyphs of Divine Storm, Templar's Verdict, and Avenging Wrath

My underlying question is, how do you PvP as a ret paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I've played a hunter since around the end of BC, and rerolled paladin ret/holy in mists for a change of scenery. Now I'm absolutely loving the class and... for once... spell effects. However, there's just one problem, world PvP.

As a hunter, I was pretty well known on my server for being the person you don't want to try and gank. I was 2k rating every season and thrived in a world pvp environment. Then I switched to paladin, the complete other side of the table.

I am a melee with no gap closer, Emancipate only does so much against most classes spammable snares now. If you do manage to get in melee range you can blow all cds and nuke the person to death, or they can bubble/cc you and just wait out all of your damage.

I'm currently using:

Long Arm of the Law
    Fist of Justice
    Selfless Healer
    Clemency
    Holy Avenger
    Execution Sentence

with glyphs of Divine Storm, Templar's Verdict, and Avenging Wrath

My underlying question is, how do you PvP as a ret paladin?
    Get on them before they get on you.
    Iv found that if you start the fight you will 1 CD burst a person EZPZ but if somone starts the fight with you its over just die, with the awesome ammonts of CC and burst on pretty much every other class you just have to hope they suck.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"