Will of the Emperor - Emperor's Courage's "Focused Defense" Mechanic

How does "Focused Defense" work? Does it fixate to the furthest tank specced player in raid or..?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbreed View Post
    How does "Focused Defense" work? Does it fixate to the furthest tank specced player in raid or..?
    Yes. Furthest player away from their spawn that is a tank spec.

It focuses on the farthest player who has the highest threat on one of the bosses. I've seen non-tanks get fixated when they had aggro. The first wave when no bosses are out seems to prefer tanks though.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2012-10-22 at 07:50 PM.

Well, we give 2 guardian druids for Emperor's Strength tanking for each sides and Emperor's Courages fixate on guardian druids which are at opposite sides.

But this isn't always happening. Sometimes Emperor's Courages can fixate Jan-xi's or Qin-xi's tank. It's not just about the distance and we're sure about it.

Only thing we sure about it is "yes, they fixate tank specced people."

Well, we give 2 guardian druids for Emperor's Strength tanking for each sides and Emperor's Courages fixate on guardian druids which are at opposite sides.

But this isn't always happening. Sometimes Emperor's Courages can fixate Jan-xi's or Qin-xi's tank. It's not just about the distance and we're sure about it.
    Hm, the mechanic might be different, I don't think anyone typically uses more than 2 tanks. Emperor's Strength don't melee so you don't really get vengeance and a melee DPS 'tanking' them will kill them much faster.

This is true but if we use 2 tanks for each bosses in HEROIC DIFFICULTY, Emperor's Courages walk through the Devastating Arc and killing them becomes impossible for melee dps. So, we need at least 3rd tank for Emperor's Courages' fixate to make them walk another side than the Devastating Arc.

You can check heroic 25m will of the emperor videos.

I couldn't say what the exact mechanic on heroic is. Maybe someone who's killed the encounter on 25 heroic can help you.

I hope someone explains this. Anyway, thanks for the respond

Yes, their mechanics are the exact same as they are on normal.