Thread: Combat Weapons

Combat Weapons

I have been running a slow weapon 2.6 speed in each hand for my combat spec, but i am seeing a lot of people go with fast daggers for their off hands. Is this the design intended?

quote from elitistjerks: OFFHAND ONLY: 1.8s daggers, and 2.6s axe/fist/sword/mace are exceptionally close in performance. However, 2.6s weapons appear to have a fraction of a % of an advantage. Try to keep a 1.8s dagger around for when you can't use Killing Spree optimally.
    source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t130893-art_combat/

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I've been seeing a TON of rogues go with 2 2.6's and was actually gonna start a thread asking why that was so. If it's only a fraction of a percentage better, I don't really see the difference because lag can account for more than a fraction of a percent in dps/damage. I'll be sticking with my 2.6/1.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

lag can.. but lag isolated better is still better. what it usually falls down to is using the weapon with the higher dps. if you have a choice between the two, go with a 2.6 offhand on a fight where you can use KS optimally. if you arent trying to squeeze every ounce of dps out, then yeah it dosnt matter

I used 2 2.6 at single target for more killing spree dmg, and a dagger 1.8 OH when i need BF.

what would a 1.8 OH do for BF O.o;. The benefit of using a faster offhand is more poison damage, which dosn't transfer over with BF. The energy regeneration increase was removed.

To the OP, part of the reason you are seeing that is likely due to them not having a second fist of equal or higher item level than their dagger. There are plenty of people that need those fists (rogues, monks, enh shaman) so barring luck with bags, it might take a bit before everyone has a second. I mean give it to your rogue so he can use it for combat on less than half the fights in his off hand when the rogue has an equal ilvl dagger oh currently or a monk/enh shaman that will use it on everything, seems fairly clear which one is the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by riojano0 View Post
    So in conclusion .... MH / OH = Windsong/Windsong or Windsong/EF ?
    Dancing Steel / Dancing Steel I believe. Should be people on your server with it now.

Edit: Posted this elsewhere.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-10-23 at 06:00 PM.