Question for the Gaming community

Hey all, this is something I've been curious about for awhile. I haven't had the chance to ask it since I don't have many, if at all friends, that frequently play video games. Recently I've been experiencing a lot of headaches, I'm trying to find the root of it, but haven't had much success. So my question to you guys is: "Do you get headaches when you game? If you do, how often?"

Note: I drink usually 1 to 2 cups of coffee, various times I'll wake up with headaches or when I get home from my wednesday night classes (12 hours at school). Most people have told me my headaches are directly related to gaming, but I rarely, if ever get them when I'm sitting infront of my computer. I usually spend about 15 hours a week gaming, mostly WoW. (frequency, id would say is 2 to 3 times a month)

Thoughts/Suggestions??Discuss

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spend about 15 hours a day getting blasted with a 27" monitor 2 feet away on full brightness and I never get headaches.

Never, well not upto this point anyway.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    Hey all, this is something I've been curious about for awhile. I haven't had the chance to ask it since I don't have many, if at all friends, that frequently play video games. Recently I've been experiencing a lot of headaches, I'm trying to find the root of it, but haven't had much success. So my question to you guys is: "Do you get headaches when you game? If you do, how often?"

Note: I drink usually 1 to 2 cups of coffee, various times I'll wake up with headaches or when I get home from my wednesday night classes (12 hours at school). Most people have told me my headaches are directly related to gaming, but I rarely, if ever get them when I'm sitting infront of my computer. I usually spend about 15 hours a week gaming, mostly WoW. (frequency, id would say is 2 to 3 times a month)

Thoughts/Suggestions??Discuss
    How long do you sit in front of the computer at one time? Headaches can be from a number of things ranging from squinting at a small screen, focusing on the screen for long periods of time without breaks, dehydration and so on and so on.

I don't sit down for more than an hour at a time. as for as dehydration, of course directly related to drinking caffeinated beverages. But today, being the second day I've had a headache I drank a cup of coffee to try and relieve it, 3 glasses of water, and took 2 ibuprofen and it won't go away; which marks the first time I've been unsuccessful at treating it.

Yes! Not sure if theres a scientific explanation for this but certain games after even 30 mins of playing I get very bad headaches from and as a result cant play for example

I can play wow endlessy and be fine same with RTS games and most FPS ( CS, CoD etc ) but certain games for example Half Life , Deus Ex or crappy games full of invisible walls such as Prototype within 20 mins ill have a bad headache sometimes migraines , Think its something to do with following a path in a set world so too speak without having too much freedom.

Not usually. Sometimes it happens, but I don't think it's directly related. Hell, I take a week off work for WoW expansions and play for 16 hours a day, every day. No headaches.

This reminds me of when my father used to tell me that playing computer games would destroy my eyesight. I then asked my optician about this and they said my father was wrong; so long as I rest my eyes every so often I'd be fine, and I am.

People just get silly ideas in their head and think they're right, sometimes ignoring blatant facts to the contrary.

Deleted
    Not quite sure why this is in Sports and Fitness. Anyway.
    I get minor headaches which i can barelly feel at times, but they usually go away.
    I also use Gunnars, and i havent gotten any headaches so far. Only time i get a "bigger" headache is when i rage in FPS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    never had a headache, don't even know how it is supposed to feel^^

I don't get headaches and I spend far too much time (most of my time) infront of a computer screen for work or gaming or other uses.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I get tension headaches if I sit wrong when playing, doesn't happen too often though.

Not with the led monitor im using now, did not get it while gaming on crt monitor back in the days either. But when i had to use a crt monitor for about a month not long ago, it took like 2 hours before my brain was fried. So how I managed to sit for hours infront of a crt when i was young, i do not know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually only if I spend more than 3-4 hours staring at the screen. Video games aren't as bad as trying to read text though. I find that gives me a headache a lot easier.