How do i use charms of good fortune??

Since getting 3 of the gold coins, I've gone 3 LFR bosses and the sha of anger. I've seen no option to use a coin. Everyone I ask is just like "Use the coin for a chance at extra loot!" but i dont get it...

On a separate note, I cant seem to redeem more silver coins for gold after doing it once.

It pops up in a litle window like your normal need or greed would, but says something like *bonus roll* and a need button. click it, and it'll roll and tell you what you've won, (i've had only gold so far)

As for the silver coins (lesser) you can only tun in 90 of these per week, thats why^

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get 90 lesser charms and turn them in to the quest giver? You should have a new currency in your currency tab if you can use them.

Might be a UI you are using that conflicting with the pop up window. Maybe try disabling and try again (You can use a coin even if your loot locked in lfr)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Some addon might be blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    It pops up in a litle window like your normal need or greed would, but says something like *bonus roll* and a need button. click it, and it'll roll and tell you what you've won, (i've had only gold so far)

As for the silver coins (lesser) you can only tun in 90 of these per week, thats why^
    perfect. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably confusing 'not winning loot' for nothing happening.

When you click the roll button, a little slot machine appears and most of the time it just says "Gold" indicating you used your charm, and won nothing but 20-30g.

Your chance to win loot directly from boss is much higher than the charm chance. It's not "roll again for this boss" technically

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Your chance to win loot directly from boss is much higher than the charm chance. It's not "roll again for this boss" technically
    This week i got loot 3/3 times i tried. Of course, all of it was junk i had no use for. Wee.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably confusing 'not winning loot' for nothing happening.

When you click the roll button, a little slot machine appears and most of the time it just says "Gold" indicating you used your charm, and won nothing but 20-30g.

Are you sure it's lower? Everything I've read indicates it's just the same roll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Are you sure it's lower? Everything I've read indicates it's just the same roll
    I'd heard the same thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware, Charm is about 10-15%, and Loot Roll is a fair bit higher than that. I don't have any proof, outside of some blue posts on the charm.

All I know is, I've won a LOT more loot via LFR than I have via charms. So far I'm 0/6 on charms.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is, I've won a LOT more loot via LFR than I have via charms. So far I'm 0/6 on charms.
    You're lucky. First week I won 3 items via charms, 0 from LFR itself. Second week? All gold for 6 charms AND bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're lucky. First week I won 3 items via charms, 0 from LFR itself. Second week? All gold for 6 charms AND bosses
    I should clarify, my percentage of winning loot is higher via LFR, including DS with the new system. Of course I've won more stuff with LFR just because it's been out longer with DS, but the percentage (Probably 1 thing per character, per run across 4 characters for 2 weeks) seemed much higher. I was under the impression that LFR rates are 30-40%, and charms are 10-15%