Thread: Lee Sin?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    He's supposed to transition into a tank as the game goes by because he becomes sort of useless otherwise. Early build around 2-3 doran's depending on how fed and get a phage. Lee Sin has some of the best early ganks in the game but it's highly reliant on the resonating strike hitting. If it doesn't you might as well just say fuck it for the gank.
    You shouldn't start with Q when ganking. See if you can't run in from behind and get Cripple off first. Then do the safe Q and charge when he flashes, pray your teammate will ignite and it should be 100% first blood. If it's later on, just W in, Cripple and then Q. Dont rely on your Q for ganks, have your mate engage then jump to him, and take it from there.

Have you tried rushing your W first? I hadn't done that until recently and it really makes a world of difference for defense at low levels. Instead of the shield breaking in a single auto-attack it ends up holding off a few attacks and providing very meaningful armor and magic resist. I don't rush W in the jungle, but I figure it's an option you can try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysprime View Post
    Have you tried rushing your W first? I hadn't done that until recently and it really makes a world of difference for defense at low levels. Instead of the shield breaking in a single auto-attack it ends up holding off a few attacks and providing very meaningful armor and magic resist. I don't rush W in the jungle, but I figure it's an option you can try.
    I always get 2 ranks in W when I'm jungling. Allows me to only recall whenever I absolutely have to, otherwise I can just keep on jungling.

Deleted
    I have a question regarding the timing and of when to use his abilities in his jungle - should I spam QWE everytime it pops off, or should I let the 2 passive effects wear off before using next ability, 2 AS, another ability, 2 AS etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I have a question regarding the timing and of when to use his abilities in his jungle - should I spam QWE everytime it pops off, or should I let the 2 passive effects wear off before using next ability, 2 AS, another ability, 2 AS etc?
    Ability, 2 AA's, Ability, 2 AA's

Deleted
    I start with a quick double W to get the shield and lifesteal, then 2 AA's, E, 2 AA's, E, 2 AA's, Q etc etc

Deleted
    Definitly wait for the passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    You shouldn't start with Q when ganking. See if you can't run in from behind and get Cripple off first. Then do the safe Q and charge when he flashes, pray your teammate will ignite and it should be 100% first blood. If it's later on, just W in, Cripple and then Q. Dont rely on your Q for ganks, have your mate engage then jump to him, and take it from there.
    I was going to try and word it like that but I kind of gave up because every gank varies with Lee Sin and what you said is completely correct.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Lee's a champ you need to play and watch to learn and get good with. His kit allows for so much variation and has such a high skillcap in comparison to any other champion in the game (Link's famous Lee Sin escape is what comes to mind first of all) that having someone tell you is not as helpful compared to say someone more simple like Morgana. You can still learn a few basic things though.

Watch players like Froggen or Chauster stream, their Lee's are some of the best in the game. You can pick up a lot of things from watching them.

Blackroo was pretty spot on. You can top, jungle, or mid him (First two are much more common). If you're Jungling Lee, you're going to be taking a supportish role due to lack of gold. Wriggles, Phage, and an Aegis of the Legion are all good pick ups that give you tankiness, some damage, and the sticking power to protect your carry and deal some damage.

If you play him top, you have the option of going straight damage (or stick with a tanky/supportish role, whichever you want). A BT and LW will make you an absolute fucking terror. Grab a GA for additional tankiness and your an incredibly difficult to pin down target that has some damn scary assassination capabilities.

Also carry wards for 1337 jukes and moves. Nothing like safeguarding to a recently placed down ward for the slow and kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysprime View Post
    You should always start your jungle with at least 1 rank in W, followed by maxing out E first, and Q second. It makes early ganks so much easier, and you really don't need your Q to perform a proper gank at that level. You should save Q as a finisher during ganks anyway to counter their flash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You should always start your jungle with at least 1 rank in W, followed by maxing out E first, and Q second. It makes early ganks so much easier, and you really don't need your Q to perform a proper gank at that level. You should save Q as a finisher during ganks anyway to counter their flash.
    No there is not a certain leveling path for lee sin. Maxing E is ok but it´s actually really subpar in certain situations while it´s better in others. Saying that you shouldn´t ever start ganks with Q is kinda silly. Starting with Q lets you initiate from really good angles. I hate to use "the pro argument" but if you look at diamondprox playing lee sin he usually maxes Q and even starts ganks with Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    No there is not a certain leveling path for lee sin. Maxing E is ok but it´s actually really subpar in certain situations while it´s better in others. Saying that you shouldn´t ever start ganks with Q is kinda silly. Starting with Q lets you initiate from really good angles. I hate to use "the pro argument" but if you look at diamondprox playing lee sin he usually maxes Q and even starts ganks with Q.
    Yeah, sure, you can initiate pretty nice with Q.. and then they flash.. Sure, a forced flash is nice, but why not go for FB AND force them to flash?

Continuing on that, there's no reason at all to start with Q if you'd want it for that reason. Take W, or E (I prefer W) first, and get Q for your lvl 2 gank. I honestly feel that W > E > Q is a better way to go early game.

When would you ever think it's better to max something other than E first? It's got an AoE slow, decent damage, and helps you clear faster.

Deleted
    Yeah, sure, you can initiate pretty nice with Q.. and then they flash.. Sure, a forced flash is nice, but why not go for FB AND force them to flash?

Continuing on that, there's no reason at all to start with Q if you'd want it for that reason. Take W, or E (I prefer W) first, and get Q for your lvl 2 gank. I honestly feel that W > E > Q is a better way to go early game.

When would you ever think it's better to max something other than E first? It's got an AoE slow, decent damage, and helps you clear faster.
    Well Q gives you a shit ton of damage for starters when you max it. You´ll always start E on lee anyways but I wouldn´t say always max it. Tbh if you can walk up to someone with only your E and W at early levels, force them to flash, then hit Q on them to finish them off, they really are quite bad players. You need your Q to gank in most cases unless your opponents arn´t overextending ridiculously without wards.

Another reason for not maxing E except for less damage is that it drains your energy really fast if you are using it for the damage.

Deleted

When you're behind and you're forced to play "protect the AD" in every team fight, the shield scales hella hard

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Well Q gives you a shit ton of damage for starters when you max it. You´ll always start E on lee anyways but I wouldn´t say always max it. Tbh if you can walk up to someone with only your E and W at early levels, force them to flash, then hit Q on them to finish them off, they really are quite bad players. You need your Q to gank in most cases unless your opponents arn´t overextending ridiculously without wards.

Another reason for not maxing E except for less damage is that it drains your energy really fast if you are using it for the damage.
    Damage is an extra. It's all about the AoE slow for me. You can easily initiate with W on a team mate or minion of you communicate and time your ganks correctly. You can then use your slow, tag em with Q and chase em after they flash.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    When you're behind and you're forced to play "protect the AD" in every team fight, the shield scales hella hard
    I'd say you're better off getting a massive slow off on the enemy team so that your AD carry can either flee or poke freely. Never really tried maxing W first for such things though. That's just how I see it.

Deleted
    AP Lee Singer for teh shield, bring it on somebody :d.

Deleted
    Damage is an extra. It's all about the AoE slow for me. You can easily initiate with W on a team mate or minion of you communicate and time your ganks correctly. You can then use your slow, tag em with Q and chase em after they flash.

I'd say you're better off getting a massive slow off on the enemy team so that your AD carry can either flee or poke freely. Never really tried maxing W first for such things though. That's just how I see it.
    It's entirely team comp dependent. What if there's an Olaf?

It's entirely team comp dependent. What if there's an Olaf?
    Just kick him awa- ... I see what you mean.

Deleted
    Just kick him awa- ... I see what you mean.
    Which is why I don't believe in set builds. I know what you mean, and perhaps going W is for those single champs Generally E is a great choice, due to the massive slow

Which is why I don't believe in set builds. I know what you mean, and perhaps going W is for those single champs Generally E is a great choice, due to the massive slow
    Yeah, especially with item builds.