Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Under The Dome - Miniseries

anyone excited to see this new mini series? i'm pretty psyched. this trailer makes it look pretty rad.

the big question is though can it live up to the book?
    Hi

King co-wrote the screen play so it shouldn't be too bad. The only thing that bothers me is that the guy playing Barbie doesn't look like I thought Barbie should look.
    I do like Erica Cerra though, but I can't figure out who she's playing, I assume Jackie Wettington but not sure.

I wonder how they are going to do the ending. If they are going to change it or stick with the alien kids playing a game. This is going to be taxing right after season 3 of Game of Thrones. Another show where the bad guys have everything go their way while the good guys keep getting the crap kicked out of them.

It looks interesting, and have one major thing going for it; it has an ending.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

So first episode aired today, thought it was pretty decent. Been a while since I read the book though so can't really remember if they kept it the same. Not a huge fan of the guy who plays Junior, he's trying so hard but he just doesn't give me a "bad person" vibe if you get me.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    So first episode aired today, thought it was pretty decent. Been a while since I read the book though so can't really remember if they kept it the same. Not a huge fan of the guy who plays Junior, he's trying so hard but he just doesn't give me a "bad person" vibe if you get me.
    Junior is acted basically how I envisioned him, although I pictured someone a little rougher around the edges. One thing that bugged me though was I thought he killed his girlfriend in the book, I was waiting for that, for him to freak out and then be glad the dome fell so he could cover up his murder. Guess it can't all be perfectly accurate to the book.

So far I think they're following the book fairly well otherwise, looking forward to the next episode.

Looks interesting, will check it out later.

Also the dome thing was already done in The Simpsons Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Junior is acted basically how I envisioned him, although I pictured someone a little rougher around the edges. One thing that bugged me though was I thought he killed his girlfriend in the book, I was waiting for that, for him to freak out and then be glad the dome fell so he could cover up his murder. Guess it can't all be perfectly accurate to the book.

So far I think they're following the book fairly well otherwise, looking forward to the next episode.
    He didn't kill her until after the dome fell IIRC.

****SPOLIERS****

Homer saves them all at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. as long as this show has an "end date" and they dont drag it out forever, i'm cool with it. should be a super good romp.
    Hi

I hope it is truly excellent Shame the book had such a weak ending, it was really really good up until 20 or so pages from the end :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    He didn't kill her until after the dome fell IIRC.
    Also she wasn't his girlfriend. She's one of his friends girlfriends. He isn't even aware of the dome until later that night (after he kills her).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28Spoilers%29

Explains the main differences so far (in the third post).

Found this on Wikipedia

On June 27, 2013, Stephen King acknowledging that "the TV version of Under the Dome varies considerably from the book version", called the series "very good" and commented on some of those differences:[2]
    [If] you look closely, you’ll see that most of my characters are still there, although some have been combined and others have changed jobs. That’s also true of the big stuff, like the supermarket riot, the reason for all that propane storage, and the book’s thematic concerns with diminishing resources. Many of the changes wrought by Brian K. Vaughan and his team of writers have been of necessity, and I approved of them wholeheartedly. Some have been occasioned by their plan to keep the Dome in place over Chester’s Mill for months instead of little more than a week, as is the case in the book. Other story modifications are slotting into place because the writers have completely re-imagined the source of the Dome.
    I kind of wish they'd just called it something else though and said it was based on the book. I'm enjoying it so far but they're changing the story quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't read the books, but the tv show seems to be dragging on and on. There needs to be more story about the dome and answer some questions.

If it wasnt confirmed to be only 13 episodes i'd have probably given up by now.
    Hi

To be fair even in the books you don't really get any answers about the dome until the end of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i haven't read the books, but the tv show seems to be dragging on and on. There needs to be more story about the dome and answer some questions.

If it wasnt confirmed to be only 13 episodes i'd have probably given up by now.
    Sorry to tell you but yesterday it was renewed for a season 2, no idea how they're gonna pull that off.

Todays episode was really good, I'm genuinely looking more forward to the new UTD episodes than the Dexter ones.

I haven't watched any of it yet. I kinda lost my will to read King after the ending to the Dark Tower series...I did read this however...

So, those of you that have, without spoilers, is it worth watching, having read the book?

Quote Originally Posted by cyfer View Post
    I haven't watched any of it yet. I kinda lost my will to read King after the ending to the Dark Tower series...I did read this however...

So, those of you that have, without spoilers, is it worth watching, having read the book?
    It's frustrating at times. I really don't like what they've done with Barbie's character but it's still pretty good. I was worried though that this would end up being a series rather than a miniseries when I saw the first episode was called "pilot". They don't usually do that with miniseries. Hopefully they won't totally ruin it by making it go on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Hopefully they won't totally ruin it by making it go on too long.
    I saw someone above say that it's greenlighted for a second series...

Episodes are getting better and better, if they can keep this quality up it's gonna end up as one of the best shows I'll ever see. glad they finally found the source of the dome as well, can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!